“Great modern conference hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Save up to 25% off
Ranked #4 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Chicago, Illinois
“Great modern conference hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

There is nothing like a new, spacious hotel for a good conference. The mid-century mod style saturates every corner of the property, giving it a qwerty feeling that might not wear well for a long stay. Food is standard marriott fare and service on clever-looking menus. The meeting rooms are over size and convenient, which is why I have it a 4. Not convenient to the metro.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
We are a new and modern hotel that embodies all the Renaissance brand has to offer. Where else can you enjoy a hot latte from our Illy's cafe while listening to the R LIfe live entertainment every Thursday evening? While our amenities may entice you to stay, it's our guest service that will keep you coming back, even if it is only for a short stay. We appreciate your review. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Turkish first
Bowie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I booked a weekend at the Renaissance as a weekend getaway to celebrate my wife's birthday. We live about 30 minutes away so it was really more to get a change of scenery and make my wife feel special. I have to say that the Renaissance really exceeded my expectations. After the initial booking I received an email confirming the reservation with the option to note any special requests. After making my requests, I promptly received an email from Dara who was absolutely wonderful to work with. Upon arrival, I ended up being checked in by Dara who remembered speaking with me via email and wished my wife a happy birthday. She also introduced us to her manager who also wished my wife a happy birthday without it being mentioned so it really made her feel special and made me look like a hero! After getting to the room it was clean, spacious and just our taste as far as decor. We would have liked to be on a higher floor but we still had decent views of the airport as requested. When I called down to the guest services desk they answered using my name which again was a nice personal touch for a relatively large hotel. Overall, I couldn't have asked for more at the price we paid and will certainly return to the Renaissance.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor on the side facing the airport. Floors 8 or higher would offer the best views.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel for your special occasion. I am delighted you and your wife enjoyed your stay and I will share you wonderful comments with the rest of my team. We hope you will think of us for another weekend getaway in the future.
Fort Washington, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a dinner thrown by my husbands job...wonderful service! We had a suite that was beautiful. The room was clean, neat and well designed. Great view of the airport and the city also. Ordered room service and there weren't any problems with our food. The staff was great...this hotel is close to our home but it felt like we were actually away on a trip....I'd love to go back.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
And we'd love to have you come back! I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and the dinner so much and that we were able to meet your expectations. Please think of us should any friends or family come to DC for a visit. We will be sure to extend our great guest service to them, too. Thank you for posting your comments on TripAdvisor.
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Stayed here recently for a conference and it was excellent. Great view of Airport. Very convenient and close to everything in Crystal City. Free shuttle from DCA every 20 mins. illy coffee shop was a nice change from SB.

Room Tip: Room facing airport and river have a great view.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback! I'm glad your conference went well and that you were able to take a little time to discover our hotel. We hope you will think of us if you're ever in our neck of the woods again.
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Just a perfect stay from arrival to departure. Only one night, but staff and facility are top notch. Very convenient to DCA. Lots of restaurants just a short walk away. We valet parked as it was just a few bucks more than self park. Concierge Lounge is very good if you are a gold or platinum elite.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thank you for letting us serve you with a "flawless night" at the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel. Perhaps you will be able to visit again and stay a little bit longer so you can check out our Fitness Center or relax and enjoy the great entertainment that is featured every Thursday evening in the lobby lounge. We hope to see you soon. Thank you for the review.
Sewell, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Went for a conference at the Hyatt, but stayed here at the Renaissance, and was rewarded for a good decision. Room was very comfortable, with a "ottoman" included, which is a dying feature among most hotels. Was able to read my book a couple of nights with my feet up. Very modern shower vice bathtub, with glass doors and nice marble like tile. The fitness center is probably the best in industry and the main reason why I keep coming back to this hotel. Incredible amount of cardio machines and large amount of weight machines. Great workout every morning. The hotel restaurant (Socci) was fantastic. I took my co-workers out of the Hyatt each day for lunch and over to this hotel. Used the shuttle service one night for dinner. Worked great.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
We're so glad that a nearby confrence afforded us an opportunity to show you what a Renaissance experience is all about. Thank you for coming on over and spending some time with us and for bringing along conference companions to patronize our restaurant. We appreciate your review and I hope you will continue to recommend our hotel to others.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I had a room on the "capital view" side and enjoyed watching the planes at National Airport -- not to mention the Metro trains, the river, the cars on their curving roadways, the bicyclists on their paths. This was a great room for lovers of "the romance of transportation." Even we, however, should choose a high floor, because the main tracks to Norfolk run very close to the hotel and there are commuter and CSX trains going by frequently. More romantic if you're looking down at them than if you're looking out at them. My room was beautiful and well-kept.

Next time I will understand better how the free airport/Metro shuttle works. There is one loop route to the airport and another to the Metro. They go every 20 minutes. I would keep alert for shuttle arrival and departure, because on my visit they were not always announced and it was easy to miss a trip. The rides take about 10-15 minutes to their destinations, depending on traffic. The drivers are friendly and professional and drive safely.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
The review of the Renaissance Arlington "Capital View" was so eloquently stated as the place for lovers of "the romance of transportation". Oddly enough, we have a number of repeat guests that request a particular room just for the type of transportation view they can get from the window. It would seem that you have already decided that the view you would prefer would be that seen from a higher floor window...looking down. I never tire of looking at the hustle and bustle of the city that's taking place just outside of the hotel and wondering where people are going to or coming from and what their story is. Thank you for sharing your comments with us.

Been to Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel? Share your experiences!