“Great, convenient stay in Crystal City” 5 of 5 stars

Stay 2+ Nights & Save 15%
Ranked #4 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great, convenient stay in Crystal City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We enjoyed this new hotel in Crystal City. We were upgraded to a spacious one bedroom suite. Rooms were very modern, clean and comfortable. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet on Sunday morning (free for Marriott Gold elites). Walking distance to restaurants and bars in Crystal City. Free shuttle van to National Airport. Friendly service - would stay again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to let others know the perks of staying at the Renaissance Arlington Capital View. I am pleased that we were able to upgrade your stay and that you were able to take advantage of the breakfast buffet. We appreciate your business and it's always great to see our Gold Elite members. Please come back when you're ready for another weekend getaway.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Turkish first
Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

I booked the Marriott for a conference not expecting much. I actually looked into staying in a different hotel because of my negative impression of the Marriott but could not match the conference price. I was totally wrong about my impressions. The hotel is nice, clean. The rooms are spacious clean, in good repair. The room was QUIET, very important for me. The staff was friendly and outgoing, very willing to help. Location is great, walk to shops and restaurants. Free shuttle. Close to an awesome running trail.
A very pleasant surprise, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for giving us a chance to show you what Marriott has to offer especially when you stay at the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel. We take a lot of pride in our hotel and we're the newest in town. All I ask now is that you recommend us to friends and family and become a loyal fan whenever you're in the neighborhood. We'll be here to welcome you back.
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for business and I have to say I would stay again. The front desk staff have been wonderful when I ask for restaurant recommendations. The bed was so comfortable. I always have a problem sleeping away from home but not here. The room had a coffee maker, fridge and microwave. It saved money on food. It also had a full sized blow dryer, not one of those attached to the wall kind with the short cord. Someone complained about noise in their review but I was here 6 days and I never heard one shower, tv, toilet flush or blow dryer. Even the traffic below was muffled out. The hotel is a short walk to restaurant row. Just about anything you want to eat is there but not a lot of fast food. They charge $16 a day to park. The parking garage is hard to maneuver because of some badly placed poles. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and we'll be delighted to have you back soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Nice clean modern hotel. Newer hotel, nice workout room with a small pool. Good location about 1/2 mile from the metro, also the hotel offers a free shuttle from Reagan airport. My stay was very good, my only "complaint" would be is if you have a room that overlooks the airport, it is kind of loud, because on that side of the hotel is also the train, so you get airplane and train noise. But in my opinion the view far out ways the inconvenience of a little noise. You get a view of the capital and nice sunrises.

• Stayed September 2013
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
I appreciate the feedback you've given about your stay at the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel. I have to agree, the views from the east side of the hotel are pretty spectacular and offer all of the splendor of life in the DC city. It would be wonderful to see you again, so come on by when you're in town.
Vienna, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Previously we were frequent guests of this hotel but changed properties last year because of waning customer service. We tried this property again and were amazed by the improved service. Every staff member we met took obvious pride in his/her job and this hotel.Great service began at check in with the warm greeting by the amazing Austin. He and Joy greeted us every time we walked through the lobby. A new bellman Richard went out of his way to make us feel welcome.After our year hiatus from this hotel Mark greeted us by name when entering the concierge lounge! The concierge lounge is tidy and kept up properly at both breakfast and evening snack time . A better dessert selection would be appreciated.The property is modern,clean ,and well maintained. The afternoon happy hour is reasonably priced and fun.We are looking forward to our future stays at the Renaissance Capital View!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
We are so glad you came back to us! We have a fantastic team onboard at the Renaissance and we continually strive to create memorable experiences for each guest that stays with us. Thank you for mentioning some of our super stars here at the property. I will enjoy sharing your comments with all of them. Thank you very much.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I ended up staying at this hotel for a conference that was actually at another hotel across the street, but that hotel was sold out so I booked a room at the Renaissance Capital View. And let me just say I'm so glad the other hotel was sold out because the Renaissance was one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in. First of all we did have a capital view as well as a view of the airport, river, etc. It was lovely to watch the sun come up over the city. We did not hear any noise from planes taking off or landing. I was watching them, but couldn't really hear them. The bed was the nicest bed I've ever slept on. The sheets smelled so fresh and clean and the pillows were amazing! And the front desk could not have been more helpful. They kept our luggage while we attended the conference. I would highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view. We were on the 11th floor facing the airport
Green Features: They provided a separate bag for recyclables. I think that's the first time I've seen this in a hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
We love it when guests discover us because of one reason or another and end up loving the end result! We appreciate all of the wonderful comments you made about our hotel and our staff and we are grateful that you took the time to share them with others.
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

This hotel is located near the DCA airport and there is a shuttle that goes to area Marriotts. The shuttle runs regularly and is convenient.

The hotel is supposedly a 15 minute walk to the nearest Metro station and they have a separate shuttle for that. It is connected to the Residence Inn - I think the 2nd floor confrence center and the 3rd floor gym/laundry areas are shared. There are some restaurants near by - 10-15 minute walk. The hotel has bikes to lend out!

I was there on a weekend. The area is sort of empty but I am sure it is a totally different feeling (and price) during the week when all the offices are open and business travellers are there.

The room is Renaissance - nice, stylish and decently sized. No tub - just shower - at least in the suite they upgraded me to. The manager told me that the hote only has (I think 8, 10 or 12) suites. So, I guess the chance of upgrades are not great.

You can hear the train and airplane. Unfortunately, I also heard some party at a neighboring room 4 AM in the morning - not sure if it was next to me, above me or below me...The higher number rooms probably hear the train more. The higher even numbered rooms probably have great view of the DCA runways. Lower even numbered rooms face an office building cross the street.

The only thing I did not like is the inconsistency of the breakfast service. It seems some of the waiters do not want to be there - they walk around with attitude and no smile. Others are OK to great. So, it is really an individual issue.

Room Tip: Might not be the hotel to stay if you are a light sleeper due to DCA and railway track near by.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for letting other TripAdvisor users know about our hotel. We appreciate the feedback you've given us so we can understand the aspects of your stay that went well and also areas that we need to improve upon. We will continue to strive to become the best hotel in the DC area. We hope you will return to us soon.