The hotel is fine for a night. Stayed here as part of a multi-day conference. It’s in a nice neighborhood and very close to DCA. The negatives outweighed the positives for me, especially for multiple nights. I would stay here again if a conference was here but there are better choices in the area.
• Rooms are exceptionally clean .
• Bed and bedding very comfortable.
• Shower good.
• Easy to get to from the airport.
• Hardly any airport noise in spite of the close proximity.
• Located in a nice neighborhood with good selection of restaurants within walking distance.
• Concierge room is good with private meeting room available (first come first serve) and nice views.
• Rooms are very small.
• Closet in room is non-functional; almost impossible to get into or get anything out of.
• Bathroom is very small.
• Train tracks nearby with some noise from the engines. No room is immune to the noise.
• Not convenient to Metro; it is a nicewalk and shuttle service is available, but if you are lacking time this can be a problem.
• Breakfast buffet is very expensive as is parking.
• Postage stamp sized pool. Impossible to use if filled with kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the center of convenience and luxury at the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel and rethink what you know about staying in Northern Virginia. Carving a modern outline in the Crystal City skyline, our hotel is designed to be LEED-certified and boasts award-winning architecture inspired by motion and enhanced by light and texture, which allows us to create an organic and dynamic experience for all of our guests.We are located just minutes from the landmarks, corporate offices and government agencies of the capital area. Reagan National Airport is less than 1 mile away and we offer free shuttle service to and from the airport and closest Metro stop. Travelers can also tour the neighborhood with our in-house bicycles available to guests at no cost.SOCCi Kitchen + Bar serves a handcrafted Italian menu and hosts live entertainment acts each week. Espressamente illy Cafe is right in our lobby as well for cappuccinos and take-away meals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.