We've stayed at many hotels in the DC area and this is by far our favorite. We decided to stay at the Renaissance because of all the positive reviews and I'm happy to say the hotel does live up to it's hype. The next time we are in the DC area we will be staying here again.
Our family of 5 had 2 adjoining rooms (1 king and 2 doubles) with an amazing view of the airport, metro trains and many cargo trains. It was was actually cheaper to have 2 rooms with a AAA rate than it was to stay at an Embassy suites or Residence Inn.
The rooms are clean and well decorated. The king bedroom had a very nice walk in shower while the 2 doubles had a bathtub/shower combo. The breakfast room service was prompt. Check in was efficient and friendly. The kids loved the computers in the lobby.
One piece of advice is to skip the metro and drive in if you're sight seeing in DC. The metro can add up in price, especially for a family of 5, and the wait for the shuttle (to and fro) can add at least half an hour onto your trip. You can find cheap parking in DC online. The drive in is only about 10 minutes, depending on time of day.
The small cons:
- cargo trains are a bit loud, but not enough to wake you up
- the view of the airport was a huge plus, not sure if i would give it 5 stars if i faced the other way
- pool can get very crowded with kids
- wait for metro shuttle
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the center of convenience and luxury at the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel and rethink what you know about staying in Northern Virginia. Carving a modern outline in the Crystal City skyline, our hotel is designed to be LEED-certified and boasts award-winning architecture inspired by motion and enhanced by light and texture, which allows us to create an organic and dynamic experience for all of our guests.We are located just minutes from the landmarks, corporate offices and government agencies of the capital area. Reagan National Airport is less than 1 mile away and we offer free shuttle service to and from the airport and closest Metro stop. Travelers can also tour the neighborhood with our in-house bicycles available to guests at no cost.SOCCi Kitchen + Bar serves a handcrafted Italian menu and hosts live entertainment acts each week. Espressamente illy Cafe is right in our lobby as well for cappuccinos and take-away meals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Marriott, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.