“If you enjoy spending a boatload of money for a nice hotel, that's what this is.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel

Ranked #4 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

A boutique hotel, the Renaissance Arlington Capital View has extensive conference facilities with a sophisticated decor. It's the kind of place where you want to be photographed checking your watch, or swishing your hair while nodding at something really witty that your attractive friends just said over a business meeting or $16 cocktail. This is because the cocktails are actually that expensive. I'm not even kidding. Not that I'm whining, I mean when you're trapped there during a hurricane and you've had three cocktails already, you hardly remember how much they are and whether you can finance your drink tab with a second mortgage.

But let's talk about the rooms. If you can, request a corner room. Windows on two sides of the room... spacious and awesome. This was a hotel room I could die in. Sorry, did I say die? I meant dine. Room service was so fast... I staggered into my room at like 10pm and by 10:15 I had room service up there with my hot wings.

Parking is $24 a day or something. If you think that's expensive, remember it's not much more than an entree in the restaurant. But hey, it's the capital, baby. So this is a trendy upscale hotel that's clean, spotless, and full of staff ready to do anything you need with a smile.

One more thing: They care about the guests having a good time- they threw a hurricane party that included discounted drinks and a live DJ. Fun times.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank andogg
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for submitting your review. I must say, we thoroughly enjoyed reading your descriptive comments and it proved to be the highlight of our day. I hope it won't take another hurricane to bring you back to us to have a little more fun!

Melbourne
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Although this hotel is relatively new, I found the security manager at this hotel to be one of THE rudest, arrogant man that I have ever met. My family and I were on the Club Level floor and were sitting watching TV when he came in and 'escorted us out', even though our key allowed us access to the area. Apparently the room should have been locked, something which I assume he should have done, but didn't. As a guest, you don't know the workings of the hotel and as with the previous night my family went to sit and watch the TV. This man was SO rude and he should have handled this in a more respectful and professional manner. I have NEVER experienced such deplorable service or rudeness in my life. It was so bad that we cut short our three night stay and moved to another hotel.

Room Tip: Select another Hotel!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Belle8888
First, I would like to apologize if you were made to feel disrespected while staying at our hotel. We certainly do not condone behavior from our staff members that would make any of our guests feel unwelcomed or uncomfortable. Please know that both our department managers and I have been notified about this matter and that action has been taken to rectify this from ever happening again in the future.

Finally, should you wish to discuss this matter further, I encourage you to call me at your convenience. Thank you.
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Love this property, nice open lobby with big Mac computers at tables for use, bar area and restaurant connected. Room was clean,bright and modern.
Free shuttle to and from airport-
Meeting rooms were spacious-- and comfortable
Walking distance to many restaurants.

Room Tip: Corner room gave me two decent views.
    • 5 of 5 stars
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel for your stay. I hope you will think of us again whenever your travels lead you to Crystal City.
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

My first time staying in Crystal City area which is across the river from Reagan airport. Very walkable area with restaurants and mall shopping nearby. Metro stop is less than a mile away and hotel offers free shuttle to and from the stop. Hotel is about one year old. Rooms are big as is bath. Big walk-in shower. If you need a bath tub, inquire. Staff is very friendly and helpful. There is a Marriott Residence Inn on the backside of the hotel. Large and very nice club lounge with great views of Reagan airport withplanes taking off/landing. A most pleasant stay.

• 5 of 5 stars
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to submit a review about your experience at the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel. We hope you will come back to see us soon!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a very nice hotel in a very desirable area of Crystal City (Arlington, VA) about 6 miles outside of downtown DC. The hotel is a great deal as it gives you access to downtown DC and all the area attractions at a fraction of the cost of downtown DC hotels. The rooms are pretty spacious and the bathrooms are very nice, updated, tile floor, glass stand-up showers, mini-fridge in the rooms, etc. I've stayed here twice and will probably be back again soon. There is access to the Metro with a couple stations about .5 mile away, which is about a $4 cab ride. If you are driving to the hotel please be aware parking is kind of high at $22/night for self-parking and $27/night for valet parking. A little high for the area, but if you can pick the perfect time you can get street parking on S. Potomac street. I tried both days, but all the spaces were gone. Not a big deal as I knew the parking costs before arriving, so I wasn't too mad! Stay here when you go to DC or crystal city for business!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
As a repeat guest, thank you for your business. We truly appreciate it very much. It would seem that you have already discovered the gem in the heart of Crystal City when you discovered the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Quirky, modernistic lobby with special touches throughout. Oversized chess and checker sets there are BIG hits with the guests.

Nicely set on a small little side street. Fresh, bright, clean. Check out the view from the work out areas. And the patios are fabulous.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars
Well said! Thank you for the wonderful comments about our hotel. And our patios are fabulous, aren't they? We might be the new kids on the block, but you'll feel right at home when you stay with us.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Fantastic staff, friendliest people I have met in a hotel for a long time, Room was very clean and comfortable

Food at the restaurant was top class, listen to the recommendations of the servers they really know what the best dishes are.

Front office staff are the most efficient I have met for some time

Coffee shop is 1st class

Bar is very classy and great bartender

• 5 of 5 stars
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for coming. We hope to see you again soon!