“Business Conference went well here” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save Up to 25% in No. VA
Ranked #7 of 47 hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Business Conference went well here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Earlier this month, I traveled with several business associates to the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel in Arlington. It was a very upscale looking spot and very close to Reagan National Airport. Free shuttle bus service both ways from the airport went very well. Room was nicely done, but fairly small. As I was there for a conference, I didn't spend much time in the room itself. It rained while I was there and I was unable to get out much to explore the surrounding area. There aren't a lot of food choices there in the hotel, but the conference set-up was fantastic.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for your review. Perhaps the next time you stay with us you'll be able to discover more of what our hotel and our city has to offer. And don't let the weather dampen your mood. Just hop on our free shuttle and take a ride down Crystal Drive or to the Metro where you can see for yourself just how much there is to see and do. Stop by our reception desk and chat with our Navigator. No matter if you have only an hour or a whole day, he'll be able to suggest ways to make the most of your stay. Come back to see us soon!

391 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Turkish first
Spokane Valley, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Was given the wrong kind of room when first checked in. They changed my room right away. Just as others have said, the train is loud, you can hear others through the ventilation system sometimes, and the restaurant food isn't that good. Kind of an expensive place to stay in the area. very nice staff though. A nice walking distance to shops and restaurants. My bed was a little soft, but I do prefer a firm mattress for my back. Clean amenities too.

Room Tip: Ask for a room opposite the train tracks and airport, if you don't want to hear that noise.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. It is our goal to have every guest stay be as comfortable as possible and from the feedback you have given, we failed to achieve this goal with you during your stay with us. I sincerely apologize. Your tag line read "Just Fine Place". Any hotel can be fine. However, we are not aiming for "fine". We are aiming for extraordinary! The feedback you shared will be used to get us there. It is my hope that you will someday consider us for another try.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Great place, nice staff, food is ok, rooms are very nice and modern. Would stay here again for sure! Be careful of Internet charges as one person promised them for free and the front office staff didn't know about it. Never got charged but just be aware.

Overall the hotel has a very modern and comfortable feel to it and is ultra convenient to Reagan Airport.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for your response. Not only is the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel a great place to stay if your traveling on business, but it's also wonderful for leisure stays as well. Perhaps you will come back to stay when you have a chance to really explore our hotel and the local area. Crystal City has so much to offer and so do we! How about it?
Fairmont, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

This hotel was terrible! With 2 major league baseball teams in the area you would think you would be able to watch the games - wrong! You could watch them online - if you want to pay $12.95 per day for internet. Internet is free at the Best Western, BW3, McDonalds, and everywhere else. If you go anywhere in the evening, don't expect to park in their garage! Apparently even though you are paying them for parking & your room doesn't mean you have a spot to park. This hotel was so far from a 5 star hotel! When I think 5 star I think of the Galt House, not this joke! Stay somewhere else! The front desk staff was very friendly, but that's the only nice thing I have to say about this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012
I appreciate and thank you for the feedback from a recent stay at our hotel. I understand your disappointment when you were unable to watch the games on TV at the hotel. Also, you ventured out to explore the city only to return to the hotel and discover that our parking garage capacity was severely limited due to the hotel's high occupancy. You are right to expect a space when you have paid for it. I apologize that these circumstances affected your overall experience in such a negative way. We are currently handling our parking garage in a more efficient way in order to accomodate our guests during peak times. I want you to know that your comments have been taken seriously and we really do care. I sincerely hope that you will reconsider and choose us for another stay in the future. It is our hotel's vision to become a landmark hotel in DC and we will continue on this path until this vision is realized.
Everett, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Just stayed at this hotel and my stay was great! Starting with the registration...so helpful and staff genuinely made you feel welcomed. I was here on business and everything from the artistic lobby, espresso shop, dining, to the conference center is really top notch. Rooms are lovely, very clean and super comfortable. Ate dinner in their restaurant and loved the short ribs! Lots of great restaurants and shops to visit nearby. I highly recommend this hotel if you are staying in Washington DC.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
I am thrilled that you used the term "VIP" because that's the feeling we strive to give every guest who stays at our hotel. And, I have to agree with you, the short ribs at our SOCCi restaurant are awesome! We would be honored if you would recommend us to friends and family. Thank you for your business.
Celebration, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I had the opportunity to stay at the Renaissance earlier this week. Having stayed in a number of hotels in Crystal City, I have to say that this one is by far the best. My room was spacious and had everything I needed. The gym was phenomenal! When I have to go to Arlington again, I will definitely stay at this property.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
We are delighted that you chose the Renaissance Arlington Capital View for your stay and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit Crystal City! Thank you for sharing your review.
Asheville, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I was very happy with this choice that our company made to have a conference at this location. The check in made me feel like a VIP. I inspected the room to find nothing out of place and no cleanliness issues. The conference staff catered to our every need. I would go back just for pleasure... the view of the river and the Capital is the cherry on top.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
At the Renaissance Arlington Capital View, we strive to make all of our guests feel like VIP's. I think coming back as a guest of leisure is a fantastic idea! You can take the time to just sit back and relax and drink it all in, beginning with a delicious dinner at our hotel's SOCCi restaurant. We hope to see you soon!

Been to Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel? Share your experiences!