Four stars, but two issues.
1. Out of six people in our group, they were billing the wrong credit card for two of them. Completely unacceptable...and the manager tried to tell us that it was our fault!
When I explained our billing/reservation process, he realized it was not our mistake...BUT A MISTAKE BY THE HOTEL, a meek apology followed. I was amazed the first thing out of his mouth was to blame us instead of trying to resolve the situation.
2. Airport shuttle dropped off at the airport at baggage claim-arrivals, two floors below Departures. I asked him why he was dropping us off downstairs, and his reply was, "...this is the only place we are allowed to drop off...".
I beg to differ. If you read some of my other reviews, you will see that I stay in the area about 10 times a year, and this was the ONLY TIME that I have been dropped off at departures. Oh well, the driver lost my $2 tip because he made me lug my bags up two flights of excalators.
1. Great workout room.
2. Indoor pool only...very little space to sit outside and get sun.
3. Nice rooms.
4. If you get an airport view, higher floors, great view over DC.
5. Great workout room.
6. Pleased with the "Executive Lounge" for us Gold members.
Would definitely recommend this hotel, even with the two issues. Would have had five stars without the two issues.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the center of convenience and luxury at the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel and rethink what you know about staying in Northern Virginia. Carving a modern outline in the Crystal City skyline, our hotel is designed to be LEED-certified and boasts award-winning architecture inspired by motion and enhanced by light and texture, which allows us to create an organic and dynamic experience for all of our guests.We are located just minutes from the landmarks, corporate offices and government agencies of the capital area. Reagan National Airport is less than 1 mile away and we offer free shuttle service to and from the airport and closest Metro stop. Travelers can also tour the neighborhood with our in-house bicycles available to guests at no cost.SOCCi Kitchen + Bar serves a handcrafted Italian menu and hosts live entertainment acts each week. Espressamente illy Cafe is right in our lobby as well for cappuccinos and take-away meals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.