“One night stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #6 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersPlatinum level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Turkish first
Chula Vista, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed on the 10th floor and had a view of Reagan airport, the water and trains. So much to see in the daytime and beautiful at night as well. Ask for a room with a view. Rooms were beautifully appointed, underground parking was convenient, albeit pricey. Loved the ultra modern lobby, the deck next to the pool, and the proximity to restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking airport!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
I think it's fabulous when guests stay at the Renaissance Arlington Capital View and get a chance to discover new and wonderful places to relax and unwind while at the hotel. I have to agree with you. The rooftop, outdoor lounge area next to the pool is a great place to unwind. And have you taken one of our complimentary bikes for a ride on the nearby trails? It's a great way to get some fresh air!
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I stayed at this hotel from July, 14-17 and at check in I was notified that there would be a 75 per night charge for incidentals such as room service, Internet which would be taken off the held amount however at the end of my stay. I received a receipt with the charges on it and the front desk explained that the held amount that was put on my credit card would be credited back to me. But as I get my aug credit card bill there is a 300 dollar charge still by the hotel even though I paid in full through Travelocity and only incurred a total of 50 dollars in one room service and one day of Internet. Why is this the case?

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Thank you for staying at the Renaissance Arlington Capital View. I have also received your message from Marriott Customer Care regarding the hold that was placed on your credit card and we are working to resolve this issue. Please contact the hotel directly if you need to speak with me. I will be more than happy to assist you
Flushing, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Our stay at the Renaissance was the best hotel experience we have ever had. The rooms and general decor were beautiful, the staff was beyond excellent, and not once did we feel unwelcome! The beautiful girl at the front desk (evening hours) knew who I was by name after our initial check in and always greeted me with it- very personal service! I wish I had gotten her name so I could commend her personally! We traveled with our 3 teenagers so we were in need of extra toiletries and towels everyday which were cheerfully given out (Aveda products too!!) and any requests were handled within minutes. The valet parking was worth the extra $5/day as the attendants were kind, quick and extremely helpful. My only negative issue was the wifi not being provided free in rooms. However it was available in the lobby area where they also had several computers set up for free use. We needed a roll away bed and it was provided at no charge and parking was reasonable compared to surrounding hotels. I would highly recommend this hotel and if we visit again I would definitely stay there! Great job Marriott on this fantastic hotel and the wonderful staff!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel for your stay. We are pleased that your Renaissance experience with us met your expectations and we hope you will come back for another stay in the future. Your review will be shared with our staff members to commend them for their guest service.
Frankfurt, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Great location with easy access to 395 and downtown DC. Close to Old Town Alexandria (15 mins) and lots of places to eat nearby. The hotel restaurant is very good - great concierge lounge and friendly staff. Whenever I travel to DC its my first choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a Capital view and a high floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
We appreciate your loyalty and are thrilled that the Renaissance Arlington Capital View is your hotel of choice when you are in Crystal City. We look forward to your next stay with us.
birmingham alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

So here is the deal, I travel a fair amount and I was here for some training for a week, and the banquet staff literally is the best i've ever seen. When it comes to anticipating guests needs they are on top of it! BIG HUGE GINORMOUS THANKS TO TERRENCE in banquets, SUSHIL at the front desk and GABRIEL shuttle/fd they made my stay amazing! Room was clean, food was divine, and the guest services ?navigator? was very helpful to! Thanks for a great trip! I will leave photos later I haven't had time to put them on my cpu

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
We are delighted that you enjoyed the service at the Renaissance Arlington Capital View and took the time to share your experience with other Trip Advisor visitors. Thank you for highlighting members of our team. We will share your comments with them and the rest of the staff. It is always wonderful to receive positive reinforcement for a job well-done.
Cedar, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Let's get the negative out of the way. While I appreciated the free shuttle from Reagan to the hotel, it was 90+ degrees in DC and the shuttle didn't have *working* air conditioning. Not good...the last thing I wanted/expected after deplaning and having dragged my luggage out to the curb was to be crammed in a hot van with four other people. You only have one chance to make a first impression, and this was a bad one. Also, the shuttle had duct tape around the passenger seat, duct tape! Having never stayed at a Renaissance before, my opinion of the brand was dropping quickly. Seriously, the rest of the stay was great, unfortunately my trip will always have that 'but' in the experience.

Positives:
Good food, from the meeting/banquet meals and snacks to room service. The hotel also has a coffee shop attached to the lobby and of course a restaurant.
Good location, minutes from Reagan and walking distance to a shopping center and several streets with restaurants
Comfortable, clean rooms

Room Tip: My room on the 4th floor had a rock garden view, which included surprise workers weeding the rock ga...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review about our hotel. I apologize for the negative first impression you received when you boarded the Marriott Airport Shuttle. I can certainly understand your feelings and I want you to know that measures are being taken to correct the problems you mentioned. The comfort of our guests is extremely important to us, especially on very warm days.

Been to Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel? Share your experiences!