“Lovely place” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
USA
“Lovely place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I liked the modern decor of this property very much. Check in staff were attentive and quick, friendly. The room and the public areas were spotless. Very nice bathroom amenities, easy parking underground and the property is easy to access off I66. The address on the Marriott website did not show as valid in my GPS but if you turn left onto 33rd after exiting 66, then left again, the property is just ahead on the left.

Bathroom was quite small, though nice fixtures. Quiet hallways, nice concierge lounge though not as many food offerings as some other brands I have stayed in. Good AC unit in the room.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business and look forward to another opportunity to have you come and stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Turkish first
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

I recently stayed here as part of a business trip. The hotel is very close to Reagan National airport but it sits right next to the Amtrack rails. The room I was assigned the first night , whiie on the 12th floor, was directly under the concierge lounge and i could hear the chairs moving early in the morning until late at night. The train goes by often, and many times during the night, which kept me up . I was assigned this room because of the view. It did have a nice view of the airport, the Potomac and the Capital off in the distance, but the noise factor was greater. When i originally walked into the room and the curtains were open, i was surprised to see many face and hand prints on the window. I could see them from the door of the room so was surprised housekeeping didn't catch it. The next day i asked to be moved and was though it took until 5 that evening to get the room. That room was fine but housekeeping was a bit underwhelming since there were toothpaste smears on the bathroom vanity. The staff was very helpful so that was a plus.

Room Tip: If you want a view but dont mind the train, ask for the side facing the airport.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel for your stay and for submitting a review of the hotel. The feedback you included will be shared with our management and staff. We are always looking for ways to ensure the quality of our hotel and the guest service we provide exceeds our guests' expectations.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

This is a beautiful new hotel! Very modern and well decorated. I was there for a conference and the business facilities are very nice as well. We had a 12 course dinner one night at Socci in the hotel and the food was AMAZING. Guest rooms are very nice with super comfortable beds. The staff was a bit overwhelmed at check in because a VERY large group was checking out that day. Getting my room was a bit delayed but the handled it as best they could. Although I didn't use the workout facilities, some co-workers said they were very nice. If you're a runner, there's a path that leads to the parks along the Potomac about 1/4 mile from the hotel. Starbucks is also about a 1/2 block away from the hotel as well.

Room Tip: Even the rooms facing the train tracks and airport weren't that noisy.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Thank you for such a wonderful review of our hotel! I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and maybe the next time you stay with us, you'll save some time to check out our fitness center. It's fabulous!
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

This was an excellent venue for our meeting. The staff was knowledgable and courteous, the property was beautiful and the food was well done. The meeting rooms offered excellent light and a lovely view.

We had dinner one night in the private room in Socci, the restaurant in the lobby of the hotel, and it was perfect.

One issue is that the hotel's address is on a newly created street and doesn't show up on older GPS units. This is easily corrected by using the address of the adjacent hotel, but nice to be aware of.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Thank you for submitting a review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your Renaissance experience and we hope that you will recommend us to family and friends.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Great property. I stayed and loved every minute of it.

I saw a complaint about parking. Anytime to stay in a 4+ star property in/ within a major US city. Expect to pay elevated parking fees. (I'd hate to see them in NY or Philly.)

No complaints from me... Do they still do the special Happy Hour???

Room Tip: Well, if you're Platinum or Gold... you should be able to get a NICE upgrade. TRUST ME. I ha...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Renaissance Arlington Capital View for your stay and for taking the time to submit a review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us and, yes, we have drink specials every day. So come on over and sip a refreshing drink out on our patio!
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Excellent service and facilities! The hotel is quite exquisite in it's presentation. Food and other ammenities are located nearby.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Thank you for your review and for choosing Residence Inn Arlington Capital View for your stay. Remember us the next time your in Crystal City. We would love to see you again!
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

I pre-booked and pre-paid for a business trip in June 2012; however, when I arrived at the hotel, I was informed that I was "upgraded" to their sister property down the block and that someone from their staff would walk me over. (I interpreted this as they were full and did had a room for me - even though I pre-paid for my stay.) I walked over with the hotel staff person (who didn't even offer to help carry my luggage and bags) to my new hotel - and almost didn't have a room at that property either, because the Renaissance did not inform them that they were sending me there. To top it off, I had to check twice on the refund of my pre-payment, as the two hotels could not just transfer over my reservation. I would also say to beware of valet parking - one morning, the hotel called valet to retrieve my car, and they could not find it! Apparently valet was confused about whether I had checked out and had given me a new tag # without informing me or giving me the tag stub. The hotel itself is a nice property and in an good location, but I just really question the operations of the hotel, as I did not have a good experience.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Thank you for your comments. There is never an easy way to inform a guest that we do not have a room available, even when a reservation was made in advance. However, on the rare occasion when this happens, we strive to make the transition to an available room as convenient as possible. Since the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View is connected to the Renaissance, we feel that this location is most ideal in order to minimize any inconvenience. Your luggage should have been taken care of and there should have been an assurance that the Residence Inn staff was expecting you. I apologize that the level of guest service was unsatisfactory during your stay. Your feedback is being taken seriously and is being shared with our management and staff to ensure that it is not repeated in the future. We value each and every one of our guests. Our goal is to provide a level of service that will keep our guests coming back.