“Great place to stay!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Speers, PA
“Great place to stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

My husband and I stayed here from August 14-17. We loved the comfortable beds and the suite. We had a courtyard view and it was quiet. I was amazed how quiet it was. The breakfast was delicious and we enjoyed it. The shuttle was excellent as it left the hotel every 20 minutes and rotated from the shopping area and/or to the Metro. The pickup was the same and was super convenient as I have stayed in other hotels where you had to call and wait. When you got off the Metro, you knew how much time you had to wait for the shuttle and we never waited long at all. I guess our timing was right! The pool water was a bit cold although it was nice.

The only drawback is the Renaissance Hotel is right beside this hotel. After I had gone in to check-in, I was told I was at the wrong hotel and it was right around the corner. As I came out of the hotel, I felt the valet parking attendants were rather too hasty in unloading our car when I told them we were at the wrong place. The one gentlemen said I can take your luggage cart down to the Residence Inn. I would have preferred self-parking. My son and his girlfriend were coming down the next day so I called him and told him to make sure he came further around the corner to the Residence Inn or pull into the parking garage. They need a larger sign promoting the direction of the Residence Inn and to also promote on the website that you can pull into the parking garage and then at check-in get a parking pass. The website stated self-parking but we were given the impression when we had pulled in front of the Renaissance that it was not available.

I would stay here again but do self-parking. Because of the parking chaos, I gave a rating of very good. Otherwise, it would have been excellent. The staff were super courteous and helpful when you asked of assistance.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thank you for all of the information you've given, especially about our parking procedures here at the hotel. It's always great to receive feedback from our guests because it lets us know how well we are doing when it comes to giving out accurate and clear information so an arrival experience can be a pleasant one. I apologize that your arrival was not a smooth one and I will meet with our valet team so they can better assist our arriving guests moving forward. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope you will come back to see us again the next time your coming to the city.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Franklin, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

I really enjoyed the stay here. Huge rooms, true residence inn style. Great first floor amenities. Easy shuttle to Reagan for early am flight. Just a real pleasure to get in and out of. Incredibly clean and new. Thoroughly enjoyed the stay. Will bring family back next time.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
I'm thrilled that your stay was enjoyable and that you will be coming back with your family the next time you come to town. The friendly staff at the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View will be waiting for you to arrive! Thank you for the wonderful review and for your business.
Provo, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Perfect location for a family trip to DC & Alexandria. We had two, one-bedroom city view suites for two nights. At check-in I was informed that our rooms would be on different floors (not good for children who need to go between rooms) but the front desk staff quickly found us two rooms, not adjoining, but next to each other. We were given maps to nearby restaurants & shopping, used the free shuttle to the Metro, enjoyed the great breakfast buffet (chocolate chip waffles for the kids!) as well as the evening reception (grilled hamburgers the first night and catered Philippine food the second, both with complimentary drinks). The gym was phenomenal (9 treadmills, 6 other cardio machines, tons of free weights & other equipment), but the pool was quite small, especially considering the fact that it is shared with the adjacent Renaissance hotel. There was a lifeguard on duty which was nice. The adjacent patio was beautiful and relaxing in the midst of the city. The beds were very comfortable and even though this hotel overlooks Reagan National Airport, it was quiet and relaxing inside the rooms. The high speed Wifi was complimentary due to being Marriott Gold Elite, but there was free, tough slower Wifi. There was no Wifi reception in the gym or pool area, which was annoying, but minor. The parking was pricey at $26/day, but it was in an underground lot with direct hotel access. This is a great property and we will for sure be back on ur next DC trip.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View for your stay. I'm glad you and your family enjoyed your rooms and the amenities that are offered here. I'm especially glad that you were able to relax out on the patio located next to the indoor pool. The comfy furniture and serene atmosphere overlooking the green roof is perfect for taking a break away from it all. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in town and thank you for taking the time to submit a review.
Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I stayed at this hotel in July for six nights, while on a business trip, and what a treat it was! Comfortable, well designed guest rooms that are set up like a bachelor apartment, complete with sitting area, a full kitchen, work desk, etc. Complimentary full, hot buffet breakfast each morning, complimentary evening appetizers and beverages (select week nights), complimentary WiFi and shuttle to the airport (5 minutes away). I think the Residence Inn might be my new "go to" for business travel!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
I really appreciate that you took the time to write a review about your stay for TripAdvisor. The guest rooms at the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View are perfect for an extended stay. And the friendly service from our staff helps make the stay even more comfortable. We'll be here to welcome you back the next time you're in town.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I stayed here in June for a family reunion. The hotel is located in the Arlington within few blocks from the Crystal City station on the metro. It was walking distance from several restaurants and was located next door to another hotel that had a full service restaurant and bar. In addition there was free shuttle to the metro and to the airport. The Shuttle made it possible to avoid having a rental car. The staff including the drivers were very nice and where very helpful with directions etc.....We ate at the breakfast buffet every morning and there were plenty of options to eat. My son and wife used them gym and thought it was adequate. The room it self was large and very accommodating for our 4 night stay. I would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
I am delighted that you would come back to see should you ever come back to the DC area again. Our complimentary amenities such as our hot breakfast, Internet service, and shuttle services make a stay at the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View a terrific value, especially if you're traveling with the family. We can't wait to see you again. Enjoy the rest of the summer!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I have been in this hotel since May while in DC for work. The rooms are comfortable. The staff is amazing. I am greeted each morning by name during breakfast. The same is true each evening by the front desk staff.
I had a few stuffed animals in a bag in my room for my children. One of the housekeepers mistakenly threw them away. I notified the front desk. The agent there was very apologetic about it. She took a description of the stuffed animals. She then went to a local store and replaced them. The replacements were better than the ones that I originally had.
I am very happy that this is the hotel I am staying in for work. I truly feel as if the hotel staff care for the guests. I feel as they are friends and family.

Stayed July 2014
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
We're so glad you're staying with us, too. I'm glad that you feel you are part of a family at the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View because that's exactly how we want our guests to feel. We understand how difficult it is to be on the road and away from home and to have a comfort zone you can relax in and feel taken care of is essential to your well-being. Thank you for trusting us with your needs.
Aurora, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights and it is a fantastic hotel. The rooms were great, very clean and new. The beds were very comfortable. It was nice to have the kitchen but we were so busy we didn't use it much. The breakfast was also great but very busy, I would get there before 9am so that you can get a seat. They have a shuttle to the Metro station near by so that you can ride into DC to see the sights. The staff were extremely helpful and willing to answer any questions we had. The only negative comment I have is that the air conditioner was a little loud but it did drown out the noise from the halls.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
I'm so glad you chose the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View for your stay. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we're doing and please come back to see us for your next trip. We'd love to have you back.

Been to Residence Inn Arlington Capital View? Share your experiences!