“Great Rooms - Plenty of Treadmills” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Ivins, Utah
“Great Rooms - Plenty of Treadmills”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Stayed here for 5 Nights and would highly recommend it. Good things about this place: a) shuttle every 20 minutes to/from the Airport (DCA), and regular shuttles to/from the Metro stop which was a 10 to 15 minute walk otherwise, Soundproof rooms - I had a view overlooking the Potomac, the airport, AMTRAK, Metro and did not hear any noise through the night. Nice lobby and Breakfast Area. One Glitch - My room key never worked right, I had to make extra trips up and down the elevator to have new keys made on 2 out of 5 nights.
Fitness center was larger than many hotels, good treadmills for when it is raining, I prefer running on the Mt. Vernon Trail which is easily reached from this location.

Room Tip: I asked for an upgrade to a City View room.
Green Features: I liked that everything was recycled from the breakfast.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
It sounds like the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View has just what you were looking for. Thank you for the positive review and for sharing it with other TripAdvisor users. We hope you will come back to see us again when you're ready to run the trails!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We stayed here on our most recent visit to Washington DC and we loved every minute of it. Amelia is the Buffet Manager and Nitesh the Server Supervisor extraordinaire made this stay a very pleasant experience. They truly know how to make a person and his family welcome and feel VIP with their services. Every single day that we come down for breakfast or for the social hour at night, they have the best smiles to greet every hotel guests. I have been to several hotels with breakfast service offered, but this is the BEST duo I have ever seen. The hotel is also located close to the Metro Train that takes us to DC. There is a bus shuttle that picked us up from the Reagan International Airport (DCA) and also a shuttle to take us to the Crystal City Metro Station. The shuttle service starts from 5 a.m. until 11 a.m. daily and the drivers are so helpful. The gym was also excellent place to work out. There are several running tracks that you can take avail of around Crystal City.

Room Tip: Room over looking the Capitol have superb view without the sun hitting your windows. 14th Floor was...
Green Features: I think that the hotels environment awareness practices were excellent. They sort out all trash during the buffet and social hour. They have recycling trash cans all over the place.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Thank you so much for coming to stay with us at the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View. I am so glad you were able to take advantage of some of the amenities we have here at the hotel like our complimentary breakfast and our shuttles to the airport and to the Crystal City Metro station. I hope you will think of us again the next time you come to the DC area.
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Very attractive hotel on the inside and out with good facilities. While not opulent the hotel is tastefully decorated and detailed. Entrance to the hotel immediately brings you to a large lobby and reception space (where breakfast is served) which is especially spacious and open.

Enormous gym/workout space with a huge array and diversity of equipment. Some nice touches in the the gym such as a multifunctional water cooler and ear buds. Included in the gym is a small but very nice and very well-maintained pool.

Hotel also features a large laundry room with several washers/dryers.

Location is mixed. The hotel convenient for DCA – the hotel is right across a street interchange from the airport – we had the pleasure of watching planes take off and land the entire weekend (aircraft noise is minimal). The hotel is a longish – close to 1 mile walk to the Crystal City Metro.

The hotel does offer a shuttle service – supposedly every twenty minutes but it certainly didn’t operate that frequently while we were there. It is quick Metro ride into DC once you get to the Crystal City Metro. Just about a mile south of the hotel on S. Potomac Ave. is a shopping plaza with a grocery store, Target and several other useful stores. Lots of places on Jefferson Davis Hwy as well. Crystal City itself is pretty much a ghost town on weekends.

Breakfast buffet was good – a good selection of food items, but while the breakfast space is quite large, it was quite crowded on a busy weekend.

Disappointments – first, the hotel could have been cleaner. For example, we noticed room service items were left in hallway all night along with other debris that should’ve been cleaned up in a night-time sweep. The guest room itself and most other areas were otherwise clean. Second, parking is a serious problem. Both when we initially arrived at the hotel and when we left the hotel to find parking it was extremely hard to find parking – each time we had to wait several minutes waiting for a space to open up. Given that the price of parking seems pretty steep for Arlington ($26/day), this was especially annoying. We mentioned this at the front desk, they didn't have much advice except to say that the hotel was pretty busy. Other services also fell below promised. For example, the hotel offers an electronic notification service showing arrival/departure times for the DCA/Metro hotel shuttle (there is also an accompanying app displaying the information). However, this service didn't work the entire time we stayed at the Hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us. We really appreciate all of the feedback you gave and want to apologize for the frustration you encountered with the lack of parking availability in the hotel while you were here. I also want to thank you for letting us know that there was a problem with the shuttle app. We are looking into this and will resolve it in a timely fashion. Perhaps the next time you're in the DC area, you will think of us for another stay. We would love to have you back with us.
Bear, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a weekend away in March and again this weekend with a friend's family (4 adults and 4 kids in tow). We requested 2 rooms with one being accessible. The room was equipped with exactly what we needed. Our friends have stayed in Disney and stated this room was better equipped than the disney one. Our van was larger than the parking garage could accommodate. Again the hotel took care of us and had a place to keep the van. We took the metro into DC and it was an easy walk to and from the hotel. There is a shuttle available as well if needed/preferred. The hotel even has an app to follow the shuttle to see where the bus is currently located. It comes around every 20mins (or more frequent if there is a high need). The kids enjoyed the pool on two occasions. There are towels provided in the pool area. Also the fitness room is larger than what I'm used to in most hotels. Many machines and even complimentary water, fruit and headphones (as each treadmill offers a tv). Breakfast was great and offered many options beyond a simple bagel/ bowl of cereal (great when there are dietary restrictions). The kids thought it was neat to have popcorn (complimentary in the tea/coffee basket) each night as a snack. The hotel offers a grocery service if that is something you'd need as well. We really enjoyed being close to DC and Arlington attractions without the DC price tag and noise. The hotel is close to the airport (can watch planes land at night) and train line but we didn't hear either. There are Crystal city shops nearby (an underground mall) which provide many eateries, and stores. I will say the area is quieter on the weekends than during the week so some of the shops are not open or close early (but we prefer it that way).

Room Tip: Ask for a high odd number room to have great views of the water and airport (planes landing).
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thank you for giving such a thorough review of the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View. We really appreciate all of the time spent adding so many details about the amenities at the hotel and the benefits of the surrounding locale. We would be honored if you would choose us again for a future stay and I'm sure your review will inspire others to come see what the Residence Inn is like for themselves.
St. Augustine FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

This is a great place to stay that is close to the airport. Pick-up at the airport (DCA) only took a few minutes. Check-in was fast and easy and my room was excellent. Everything looked new and the bed was very comfy.

They also have a good pizza place called Sicilian Pizza that delivers to the hotel.

Overall a nice stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn for your stay. I'm glad you found our location and amenities convenient during your stay and we appreciate the wonderful comments you made about our hotel. Please come back to stay with us again soon.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I originally made a reservation with the Renaissance hotel next door, but was somehow booked with the Residence Inn, which was no comparison but the hotel suited my needs. Check-In was easy and convenient.

The price was ok...$118 excluding taxes, but including breakfast! There a pool and gym, and internet is free...another plus! The rooms were better than average, which also included a mini kitchen, which is nice for extended stays, or if you just like to cook.

The location is very accessible to retail & grocery shopping, restaurants and the metro - for transit travel. Parking is $26/day, but you can search for street parking. Street parking is free M-S/6pm-8am, and all day Sun & Holidays - good luck though!

My only real complaint I have is the missing watch from my room. I had to have security unlock my safe at the beginning of my stay, which was locked. Unfortunately, I neglected to store my watch in the safe and as luck would have it...the watch came up missing on the only day I asked for my room to be cleaned. I called the hotel and of course, was informed that the watch has not been recovered. I really didn't think it would be turned in, the watch was expensive and I took the lost because I should have locked it away with the rest of my valuables. However, I still complimented the hotel very well, and my suggestion to future guests...lock your valuables!

Oh well...I hope someone enjoys their new present, compliments of a very sad vacationer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view! I prefer higher floors, away for the elevator.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I have met with our Loss Prevention department about any reports for a missing watch, but there was nothing reported in our system. If you would please contact us so we can do a proper investigation, we will be happy to assist.
Cary, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My family and I did a one day turn around on Memorial day. Upon check in, the staff was friendly and very helpful. As any Marriott, the room was clean and spacious. I wish we were staying longer than just one day so that we could have enjoyed more of the amenities. This hotel is less than five minutes away from the Reagan Airport. They have a shuttle that will pick you up take you to the hotel. There is also a shuttle that will take you to the Metro. I would stay here again and also recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for recommending our hotel to others. We're glad you liked the location and convenience to Reagan National. We appreciate your review and hope you will think of us the next time you're in town.

Been to Residence Inn Arlington Capital View? Share your experiences!