Stayed at the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View this Thursday-Saturday. Wanted to book a hotel somewhat close to DC for my fiance's 30 birthday, as I had planned for us to do some sightseeing and dining.
-Booked through Orbitz with no issues. Everything was paid for prior to our arrival, so check-in was very easy
- Have stayed in a Residence Inn before and rooms are all very similar. Bed was comfortable, room clean.
- Staff was very nice and polite. The lobby is also very nicely decorated and inviting. TVs, fireplace, 24 hour coffee station, and I also noticed computers that let you print boarding passes (hotel very close to Reagan Airport)
- Their free breakfast had one of the nicest layouts that I've ever seen for a free hotel breakfast. And there were staff members keeping everything tidy throughout the scheduled time, so no sloppy spills and crusty food hanging around for those who came down on the later end of the scheduled breakfast time
- Close to the city, so heading in and out took no time
- Several restaurants within walking distance (BW3s, California Tortilla, Starbucks, local pizza place, etc)
- Parking is offered on-site but is a tad expensive, $24 per night. I've stayed in hotels in Alexandria and DC that had a better price on parking. There is street parking but honestly those spots never open up except for early in the day. We checked in rather late and I did not want to trek several blocks in the dark with our luggage, so I paid for parking. It was underground and we didn't have any issues ever finding a spot close to the hotel elevators.
- Towels are thin. Wish they were fluffier ( I know, minor details)
- As another review said, I thought there would be a better view of DC given the name of the hotel. Even saw a poster's pictures of the capital building from their room. Maybe on a higher floor. I called in advance to ask for a room with a view of DC. Our room was on the 5th floor but instead had a view of the airport. I was a little disappointed but my fiance loved watching the planes land and take off ( guess it's a guy thing), so it ultimately worked out.
Overall, very nice hotel for the price. Enjoyed our stay.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View for your celebration! We're glad you enjoyed the breakfast buffet and your comments will be shared with the team. I apologize for the disappointment for the anticipated view of DC, but am relieved to hear that the takeoffs and landings at Reagan National were just as amusing and entertaining. Perhaps you'll come back for a stay when it's time to celebrate your birthday!
Report response as inappropriate
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.