“Very nice hotel and staff” 5 of 5 stars

Save up to 15% off
Ranked #3 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Very nice hotel and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Stayed here for 2 days and was treated very well and the rooms are nice and clean. There is shuttle service every 20 minutes to the subway and also to the airport. Breakfast was very good. This hotel is busy, yet quiet in the evening. Overall, a very nice Residence Inn! Highly recommended!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for recommending the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View to others. We appreciate it very much. Please come see us again when you're in town!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Manassas, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Stayed at the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View this Thursday-Saturday. Wanted to book a hotel somewhat close to DC for my fiance's 30 birthday, as I had planned for us to do some sightseeing and dining.
Pros
-Booked through Orbitz with no issues. Everything was paid for prior to our arrival, so check-in was very easy
- Have stayed in a Residence Inn before and rooms are all very similar. Bed was comfortable, room clean.
- Staff was very nice and polite. The lobby is also very nicely decorated and inviting. TVs, fireplace, 24 hour coffee station, and I also noticed computers that let you print boarding passes (hotel very close to Reagan Airport)
- Their free breakfast had one of the nicest layouts that I've ever seen for a free hotel breakfast. And there were staff members keeping everything tidy throughout the scheduled time, so no sloppy spills and crusty food hanging around for those who came down on the later end of the scheduled breakfast time
- Close to the city, so heading in and out took no time
- Several restaurants within walking distance (BW3s, California Tortilla, Starbucks, local pizza place, etc)

Cons
- Parking is offered on-site but is a tad expensive, $24 per night. I've stayed in hotels in Alexandria and DC that had a better price on parking. There is street parking but honestly those spots never open up except for early in the day. We checked in rather late and I did not want to trek several blocks in the dark with our luggage, so I paid for parking. It was underground and we didn't have any issues ever finding a spot close to the hotel elevators.
- Towels are thin. Wish they were fluffier ( I know, minor details)
- As another review said, I thought there would be a better view of DC given the name of the hotel. Even saw a poster's pictures of the capital building from their room. Maybe on a higher floor. I called in advance to ask for a room with a view of DC. Our room was on the 5th floor but instead had a view of the airport. I was a little disappointed but my fiance loved watching the planes land and take off ( guess it's a guy thing), so it ultimately worked out.

Overall, very nice hotel for the price. Enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View for your celebration! We're glad you enjoyed the breakfast buffet and your comments will be shared with the team. I apologize for the disappointment for the anticipated view of DC, but am relieved to hear that the takeoffs and landings at Reagan National were just as amusing and entertaining. Perhaps you'll come back for a stay when it's time to celebrate your birthday!
OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

The Capital View was almost perfect for our trip to DC. The staff could not of been more helpful. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable. The shuttles to the Metro were always on time. The Capital View is worthy of its #1 ranking on TA.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
We are proud to be No. 1 on TripAdvisor! Thank you for the wonderful comments. Since our opening in 2011, we have worked hard to become the choice hotel for travelers coming to the DC area. We'll warmly greet you at the door and extend our guest service to you throughout your stay. It's what our loyal Marriott guests have come to expect and it's what they deserve. We appreciate your feedback and your business and hope you will come by again soon.
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on our recent trip to DC. I picked it thinking that with the name - Capitol View - we might have a great view of DC. Nope... too far away. But, it was a nice hotel. This is in the Crystal City area with lots of shops and places to eat. We used the hotel shuttle to the Metro each day and took the easy ride into DC. My husband would have preferred a closer hotel but the prices sky rocket as you get closer to DC. This hotel was expensive but a good value in the expensive DC market. We had breakfast each day and did enjoy dinner on Wednesday evening. Everyone was super nice and offered assistance when asked. The hotel is new and the rooms were very nice and clean. We stopped one day at Pentagon City and loved that area. The mall was great and the Metro stop is easy to use.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View and for sharing your feedback with other TripAdvisor users. While we are on the other side of the Potomac, across from DC, it is possible to get a glimpse of the city views from the upper floors, especially at night when the city is lit up. It is more of a Capital view (city) and not so much of a Capitol view (the Capitol itself). I apologize for any disappointment. However, it is wonderful to know that you still enjoyed your stay and that our staff was attentive and friendly. I hope you will return for another stay with us soon and enjoy a little more of what our locale has to offer. Until then...safe travels.
Kansas City, Kansas, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Nice new property with spacious rooms, great lobby and modern amenities. Some kinks still to be worked out -- the 'every 20 min shuttle' doesn't run that often to DCA. The room service kitchen and the front desk don't connect efficiently (room service is served by adjoining Renaissance). The breakfast and dinner buffets were 'ok' but not exceptional. In the overpriced DC market, this hotel represents a good value.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
I appreciate your feedback and want you to know that we care about what our guests have to say about us on TripAdvisor. We want to make sure that guests return to us for the quality of our guest service and not just because it's a good value compared to other hotels in the area. I apologize that your experience with us did not meet your expectations, but I want you to know that your concerns will be addressed with my team and we will continue to strive for excellence throughout our hotel. We want to be your "go-to" hotel and we will continue our efforts until we have achieved this goal. Thank you for your business and we hope you will come back soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

First of all I want to say Majda at the front desk was amazing! She greeted me upon my arrival and made me feel welcome from the moment I walked in. The staff is very flexible - For example, they told me that if I needed a spare mattress for the pull-out couch, they could bring that up for me - AND THEY DID - no hassle! They answered my questions and provided me with information about the nearby Crystal City area. They gave me info on the free shuttle that took you to and from downtown Crystal City, as well as the Crystal City metro. There is also a free shuttle to take you to and from National Airport. Bonus! They have a little market downstairs that you can buy water, soda, snacks, wine, and beer. Oh - they have free microwave popcorn in the room. That was a great bonus! There is a pool and a fitness room, but I didn't use them, so I can't speak to them, but if they're like the rest of the hotel, then I'm sure they're top notch!
Free breakfast too! :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback about the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View on TripAdvisor. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and that our staff helped you and your family feel welcomed. Our staff truly cares about guests who stay with us and it's the attention to the finer details that sets us apart from other hotels in the area. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of some of the amenites we offer and perhaps the next time you stay with us, you'll be able to squeeze in some time for the pool and fitness center. We'd love to have you back!
Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This hotel is new so it's very clean. The bed is super comfortable and rooms are very specious. Staff is very friendly. There's lots of restaurants a block away on 23rd street, walking distance. Definitely recommend it for business or family.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for telling others how "awesome" our hotel is. We are the perfect choice for anyone coming to the DC area on business or traveling for leisure. The Residence Inn Arlington Capital View welcomes you with friendly service and extends all of the comforts that make a stay with us memorable. We appreciate your TripAdvisor review.

Been to Residence Inn Arlington Capital View? Share your experiences!