“Overall great, but working out some kinks” 4 of 5 stars

Free Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 47 hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Kansas City, Kansas, USA
“Overall great, but working out some kinks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Nice new property with spacious rooms, great lobby and modern amenities. Some kinks still to be worked out -- the 'every 20 min shuttle' doesn't run that often to DCA. The room service kitchen and the front desk don't connect efficiently (room service is served by adjoining Renaissance). The breakfast and dinner buffets were 'ok' but not exceptional. In the overpriced DC market, this hotel represents a good value.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
I appreciate your feedback and want you to know that we care about what our guests have to say about us on TripAdvisor. We want to make sure that guests return to us for the quality of our guest service and not just because it's a good value compared to other hotels in the area. I apologize that your experience with us did not meet your expectations, but I want you to know that your concerns will be addressed with my team and we will continue to strive for excellence throughout our hotel. We want to be your "go-to" hotel and we will continue our efforts until we have achieved this goal. Thank you for your business and we hope you will come back soon.

320 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

First of all I want to say Majda at the front desk was amazing! She greeted me upon my arrival and made me feel welcome from the moment I walked in. The staff is very flexible - For example, they told me that if I needed a spare mattress for the pull-out couch, they could bring that up for me - AND THEY DID - no hassle! They answered my questions and provided me with information about the nearby Crystal City area. They gave me info on the free shuttle that took you to and from downtown Crystal City, as well as the Crystal City metro. There is also a free shuttle to take you to and from National Airport. Bonus! They have a little market downstairs that you can buy water, soda, snacks, wine, and beer. Oh - they have free microwave popcorn in the room. That was a great bonus! There is a pool and a fitness room, but I didn't use them, so I can't speak to them, but if they're like the rest of the hotel, then I'm sure they're top notch!
Free breakfast too! :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback about the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View on TripAdvisor. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and that our staff helped you and your family feel welcomed. Our staff truly cares about guests who stay with us and it's the attention to the finer details that sets us apart from other hotels in the area. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of some of the amenites we offer and perhaps the next time you stay with us, you'll be able to squeeze in some time for the pool and fitness center. We'd love to have you back!
Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This hotel is new so it's very clean. The bed is super comfortable and rooms are very specious. Staff is very friendly. There's lots of restaurants a block away on 23rd street, walking distance. Definitely recommend it for business or family.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for telling others how "awesome" our hotel is. We are the perfect choice for anyone coming to the DC area on business or traveling for leisure. The Residence Inn Arlington Capital View welcomes you with friendly service and extends all of the comforts that make a stay with us memorable. We appreciate your TripAdvisor review.
Fairfax, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

n short this is one of the best hotels in Arlington. The rooms are awesome, the service is outstanding and the location is superb. The one thing I'd change is breakfast options. The buffet was great but lacked bacon. We were there Friday and Saturday mornings and neither time did the buffet include bacon.

Also if you plan on having ice when you get to your room you should ask them to turn on the ice maker before you arrive., there are no ice makers in the hotel because there's one in the fridge in each room.

Overall we had an awesome time!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us at the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View. I'm sure your feedback will encourage others to give us a try and we thank you for the review. Come back and see us soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I just stayed for 3 nights at the Residence Inn Capital View in Arlington. It was a great value! The folks at the front desk were all very helpful and friendly. Was here during the shutdown so they had a list of all the attractions that were still open available at check-in. They let me check in several hours early and called up to my room after a few minutes to make sure I had everything I needed. The room was very clean and had a great kitchen area. The bed was very comfortable. The hotel has a complimentary hot breakfast every morning that has several choices. They also offer complimentary dinners a couple of evenings during the week if you want to take advantage of that. I didn't use the fitness room or pool but it looked nice and had lots of machines. It is located conveniently close to Reagan airport and they offer an all-day shuttle to and from the airport as well as a shuttle to the Crystal City Metro station and shops every 20 minutes. I would definitely stay here again in the future.

Green Features: The hotel has a recycle bag located in the kitchen area of the room which makes it easy to recycle paper, newspaper, bottles, cans, etc.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
We appreciate your business. Thank you for staying with us at the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View Hotel. In today's economy, we feel the Residence Inn has a lot of value included in the room rate. With a complimentary hot breakfast buffet, internet, and a shuttle service to the Metro and DC Reagan National Airport, our guests can enjoy their stay without having to worry about emptying their pockets. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the DC area.
Gilbertsville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed for an overnight at this hotel and I have to say I was impressed. Check-in went smoothly for our two rooms. Rooms were nice, modern and clean. Kitchen area was substantial. We went out for the evening and when we returned we went to park our car in the lot that is shared with the neighboring Marriott. We were told the lot was full. We parked out front of our hotel went to the front desk and told Gabriel and Majda (who were working the front desk) what had happened. Both were sympathetic to the situation and immediately contacted the garage. Within seconds the Parking manager appeared and confirmed what we had been told. Gabriel then offered his spot in the lot to us. We truly appreciated the gesture but opted for Valet parking instead. How nice it was though to see an employee really step up to fulfill the needs of the guest. The beds in this hotel were truly "heavenly". Buffet breakfast the next morning was fabulous and the staff there was impressive as well. I would stay at this hotel again and again while visiting Alexandria or Arlington. Great Job!

Room Tip: If you truly care about the view choose a city view room. Our room faced the train tracks but we we...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
First, I would like to thank you for your business. We know travelers have a choice of hotels in the DC area and we understand that our guest service sets us apart from our competition. Secondly, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you encountered when you tried to enter the parking garage only to discover that it was full. Gabriel's response is indicative of how our team members find solutions by thinking "outside the box". It's amazing how creative we can get when it comes to making the impossible...possible. I will share your comments with our staff. They will enjoy hearing how their efforts are making an impression (and a difference) with our guests. We hope you will consider another stay with us in the future. We would love to have you stay with us again.
Johnstown, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

This hotel is located in very close proximity to Reagan National Airport. We stayed over there one night prior to a very early morning flight out of Reagan. It is only a 5 minute drive to Reagan. The hotel has its own internal parking garage. It was a very nice, functional and clean place to stay for this purpose (to fly out of Reagan). We actually drove and parked in one of the garages at Reagan, but you could keep your car parked at this hotel, and use the hotel shuttle back and forth. Our departure time from the hotel was about 4AM and the return was about 12:30AM, and the shuttle did not operate at those hours. It was also slightly cheaper to park at Reagan than to keep your car in the hotel parking garage.

This hotel could make a reasonably nice base for exploring Washington DC. It is much less expensive than virtually any hotel choices right around the White House and Capitol areas. It was a good hotel experience. I would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
It's true! We are in the heart of everything DC except when it comes to price. We are in a prime location for anyone wanting to explore DC or for anyone who wants to be nearby the Reagan National Airport. Thank you for staying with us and please remember us for future stays.

Been to Residence Inn Arlington Capital View? Share your experiences!