“Nice place to stay.” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
San Francisco
“Nice place to stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed just one night before my scheduled departure. I drove my rental car to the hotel, checked in, took my bags upstairs (they let me just park outside of the hotel for a few minutes), and returned the rental car thus avoiding the $24 parking fee. The shuttle service from the airport was a very short wait. Later on, the shuttle to the Metro from the hotel was no more than a 3 minute wait.
The check-in process was easy and when I asked if I could have more of a view of the city, I was given a corner room on one of the higher floors. The young woman who checked me in was friendly and a pleasure.
The room was clean, felt like new, and very spacious. The kitchen area was fully stocked with all one would need for easy, light cooking. Loved the one bag of microwave popcorn with the coffee amenities. The little market downstairs also had a decent variety of snacks, microwave foods, etc.
It is a bit isolated, all in all, but with the shuttle service you can get dropped off at several locations for dining out, shopping, Metro, etc.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
We are in a great location for travelers who wish to be close to the Reagan National airport. As you indicated, we offer well-appointed, clean rooms and friendly guest service...details that make our guests comfortable during their stay. Perhaps you will be able to stay with us a little longer the next time and explore the rest of the hotel and the local area. Thank you for your business and for taking the time to let other travelers know about our hotel.

322 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Glenside, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Spent two nights at the Residence Inn, primarily because it was a block from where I was meeting with fellow managers from around the country. Not sure what I expected but what I found certainly exceeded my expectations. Could not have been a better stay. Staff at check in and out were very efficient, friendly and accommodating. Although I was not able to take advantage of the hotel's hospitality, I was offered free hot breakfast that looked quite good and a free cocktail hour including two beers or wine and food of some sort (Italian night). The fitness center which appears to be shared with the Renaissance Inn (located immediately next door) was amazing -- good number and variety of well maintained cardio options, weights, pool, etc. The room was actually a suite -- well designed,immaculate and quiet. Good restaurant options located in the vicinity. Shuttle to and from Crystal City metro stop.

Green Features: would have liked to have had a recycle bin in the room but perhaps they separate trash after collection
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Exceeding our guest's expectations is our goal at the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View. Thank you for choosing us for your stay in Crystal City. I certainly hope you'll be back soon!
Ocean, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Had a lovely stay at this fairly new Residence Inn property - the staff made it great though because they were nice, down to earth, and helpful. Breakfast was very good and the hotel gym facilities were way above expectation!

Room Tip: stroll next door to the sister hotel for a cute bar; Starbucks is just down the road or there's...
Green Features: LEED hotel - enough said :) the hotel seemed to be recycle friendly.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for your patronage at the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View and thank you for the many wonderful comments about our hotel. Please recommend us to family and friends. We would love an opportunity to show them our hospitality, too.
Sherman Oaks, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I'll admit, I'm not really a "Residence Inn" kinda gal. But we were planning to visit family in the Arlington area for several nights, and wanted our son to have his own "room"...and this hotel fit the bill.

Before arrival, I called the hotel to request a room with a view of the airport and train tracks. I know, that sounds kind crazy, right? Not when you have a 5-year-old who's obsessed with trains! I was told by the staff member that the 8th floor corner room would be ideal, and that she was blocking it out for us so that nobody else could take it. Great! I called again on the day of arrival to let the hotel know we'd be coming in late in the evening, and that we were looking forward to the room that was blocked for us. However, we were then told that the 8th floor room was no longer available. We were told that we could have the 7th floor instead, still with a wonderful "train view".

When we arrived late that night, we went up to our 7th floor corner room. The room was very clean and new looking, and the layout and view were great. However, the cigarette smoke smell was overwhelming, and there was no way we could stay in there. The front desk staff member did not seem sympathetic (annoyed more than anything else), and told us that there were no other train view rooms available. We moved to the 10th floor, with a hysterical 5 year old (he wanted trains) and no corner room (terrible layout in the non-corner room).

We asked to have the sofa bed made up. They sent a staff member who brought 2 sheets with him. He asked if I wanted to make up the bed, and I said no thanks...he should do it. He started to lay the sheet on top of the couch. I told him that we wanted it made up like a bed, not a couch. He had no idea what I was talking about...no idea at all that the sofa opened up into a bed! I called to get him some help. They sent up security and engineering, and they figured out how to make up the bed. It was comical.

I was convinced that we would switch hotels the next day.

The next morning, I called and spoke with a great staff member named Shawnic. Unlike the staff the previous night, Shawnic was very sympathetic and sorry to hear about our problems. She said that we could be moved to the 6th floor corner room, and that she comp breakfast for us at the Renaissance next door (we had missed the free breakfast because of time zone issues). The new room was fantastic. The corner room layout was 1000 times better than the other room...so much more spacious. My son loved the view...he thought it was the best hotel ever! Once we were moved, we were really happy in this hotel. Shawnic really saved the day for us.

The free breakfast was what you would expect, and the staff working there were very friendly. It was not crowded, and there was something for everyone.

I would highly recommend this hotel, but if you have more than 1 (or two?) people in the room, I'd suggest a corner.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have the best layout and much more space. However, if you are a light sleeper, you migh...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Whenever our guests request a room type, it is always in our best interest (along with that of our guests) to do everything we can to honor the request. We truly want our guests to enjoy their stay so they will keep coming back! I can certainly understand your frustration and disappointment when a suitable room with a particular view was not readily available to you upon check-in. Your son must have been so sad!! What a damper to a stay that was anticipated so much! Your feedback is being taken seriously and the many issues that were addressed will be discussed at length with our managment and staff. We have worked hard to receive the reputation of being a clean hotel with a friendly and helpful staff, so when we are made aware of a service failure such as you described, rest assured that measures will be taken to retrain our staff in order to meet the expectations of our future guests. I am happy to hear that everything worked out in the end and that you would recommend our hotel to others, but I hope you will accept my sincerest apology for the inconveniences caused during your stay. I do hope we will see you again soon.
Hanson, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I stayed ay the The hotel for 3 nights..Thursday to Sunday so we missed out on the Managers cocktail party.... The place still has a new feel. The free breakfast buffet was excellent. The staff was so friendly and responsive to our requests. The free shuttle to and from the airport was very convenient.Free shuttle to the Crystal City Metro was every twenty minutes. The rooms were clean with great TV's on a swivel so you can watch in bed or on the coach. It is connected to the Renaissance Hotel where the pool and fitness center are located as well as a bar. Not much around the immediate area but close by... The staff there were outstanding and friendly. Got a great deal on Priceline . 289 for 3 nights and round trip air on US Air from Boston. Quite a bargain in my mind...... Highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for recommending us to others. We appreciate the review and I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in the DC area.
Eden, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

When traveling to DC, I always like to stay in Arlington because it is a very clean city and the hotels are significantly less expensive. This was my first stay at the Residence Inn Capital View, but from this point forward, it will be my first choice in the city.

What I liked:

1) Great rooms: The rooms were very modern and very clean. Everything seemed very new. The rooms had a large flat panel TV, and the rooms had a full kitchen.

2) Breakfast: I've eaten a lot of free hotel breakfasts. This is the best free one ever. Instead of cereal and waffles, they had real cooked food. It was great.

3) Value: This hotel is a bargain.

What I Didn't Like:

1) Location: It is not within walking distance of the metro. However, they compensate by running a shuttle every twenty minutes. They also pick up at the metro station. I didn't wait more than five minutes the whole weekend.

2) Parking: $24 dollars a night for parking is more than I like to pay. They do, however, have a little free parking on the street. Just check on the road past the hotel. It looked like late night was the best time to find a spot, so at worst go down after midnight and you won't have to pay for more than one night. I found a spot the first night down, so I didn't have to pay.

3) Room Layout: All the rooms seem to have a king bed in the bedroom and a pull out couch in the sitting room. I'd have liked to have seen a two queen option. It's not a big deal, but be aware of that when you are room shopping.

Conclusion: A great stay at a great price. The staff is welcoming, and great amenities. A few travelers might be better served in other hotels, but overall it's a great place.

Room Tip: The pool is on floor three. Rooms that end in 68 are right next to the elevator.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
I am happy to see that we have earned the #1 spot on your list of "go-to" hotels in Arlington when you travel to the DC area. We are a newer hotel, built in 2011. However, we personify the Marriott brand name by delivering service that our guests have come to expect whenever they stay at any Marriott hotel. A friendly staff, ample amenities, and wonderfully appointed guest rooms will keep our customers coming back time and time again. We look forward to seeing you soon. Thank you for your business and thank you for the review.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

What a nice stay. While most of the TA reviews were positive, I wasn't quite sure. I was pleasantly surprised. I'm glad I went with my gut (and price) to select this hotel.

My stay started on the wrong foot when I went to the wrong Residence Inn. Note there are two in the Crystal City area. Save yourself a little heartache and make sure you're going to the right one. I was stunned when the gentleman couldn't find my reservation. It wasnt until he looked up the reservation by my confirmation number did he realize that I was at the wrong location. He was very nice and provided directions to the right place (a short 5 minute drive away).

The hotel is tucked away behind the Courtyard hotel and attached to a Renaissance - a Marriott trifecta on one block - so it may be a little difficult to locate. Also, the parking garage is a little confusing so I passed it a couple times. Parking is $24 a day with in/out privileges so be prepared. Parking was at a premium, but it was due to sold out hotels; there are plenty of spaces.

Check-in was painless and quick which allowed me to get to my room quicker. The room is well appointed and nicely decorated. I was in a studio king and it was sufficient space. I did not use the kitchen, but it was adequate. The bed was comfortable and the swivel tv stand was great for viewing from the sofa or the bed.

Other highlights: in room safe and a good breakfast. There are many choices and even with a full house, the staff kept the area well stocked. My only complaint was a dirty light plate which I had to wipe down. It could easily be missed so I'll give a slight pass, but it was disgusting nonetheless.

I will consider this property again in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for your business and for sharing your experience with other TA users. I will share your feedback with our staff in order to capitalize on our strengths and improve on our weaknesses. Please think of us whenever you are in the DC area. We would love to earn your repeat business.

Been to Residence Inn Arlington Capital View? Share your experiences!