“Great price, love larger room; didn't love not being closer to Metro” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Arlington Capital View

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #3 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Great price, love larger room; didn't love not being closer to Metro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Found this hotel for great price on hotels.com. Traveling with two small children loved having a larger room. Son stayed on pull out and daughter in pack n play with plenty of space. With two kids have a kitchenette was helpful- didn't cook but could make pb&j, keep milk, yogurt, bottle h2o, etc in full size frig. Breakfast in am was very good. Many hot and cold options. Plenty of seating too unlike other hotels I have stayed at. Only downfall was not in walking distance to metro. Had a shuttle to get to metro but with two small kids driving into dc was the better option. Would stay again! Very, very close to airport. Saw planes, helicopters, and trains but none were an issue when sleeping.

• Stayed April 2013
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View Hotel for your family's stay. I agree, the room size is perfect for families on the go and the convenience of having the kitchenette is a plus. I hope you were able to enjoy the sights in DC and will come back to stay with us again to see even more. It's a big city!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for two nights are were very impressed with everything from the staff to the beautiful rooms and comfortable beds. We understand that this is a fairly new property, but we couldn't have been more pleased with out stay. The shuttle was very handy and dropped us right at the Metro station for our trip into the city.
Was night to have the kitchen to put drinks and snacks in the fridge for our stay. Staff was super helpful with directions and advice about places to eat in the area and they allowed us to continue to park in the garage until 4pm even after we had checked out. Ended up saving us another parking fee in D.C. Will stay here for sure again next time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
We really appreciate your business and are pleased that you and your daughter enjoyed your trip to DC. Our staff does a tremendous job of taking care of our guests and helping them make the most of their time while they are here. There's lots to do and see here, so come back soon with your checklist and we'll help you cross off a few more. Thank you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed here by the reviews I read on trip advisor and they were correct...
The room was big and clean with a huge kitchen and everything you need in it.. oh... bring your own coffee and filters, don't supply much coffee or creamer.
The staff went out of there way to help.. they have a shuttle that runs from 6am to 11pm daily.
We road everyday to crystal city metro to visit museums.
The bed was great!!!!!
Parking 24.00 a day
Great breakfast bar with lots of hot and cold choices
Maritza was very helpful to my husband and I for all our needs.
Thank you..

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
I am happy to see that you relied on other TripAdvisor guest comments and chose to stay with us. Thank you for adding your feedback to the site. Please come back to see us again and recommend us to family and friends that are looking for a great place to stay and friendly guest service in the DC area.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Stayed here only one night but it was a good experience.

PROS: Fantastic desk staff during check-in. Very polite, friendly and professional. Hallways are well lit. Room was reasonably large, nicely lit (thank you!), especially the vanity area. Free internet (wired and wireless), full kitchen. Room was quiet (I had asked for a quiet room). Bed was comfortable. Everything was clean.Shuttle service to the airport was free. No fuss printing boarding pass as there are 3 computers.

CONS: Can't completely fault the hotel for this, but a bus load of guests arrived the same time I did, overwhelming the 3 elevators. Took several extra minutes just to get to my room, which was unfortunate since I had checked in late at night and was tired. If I hadn't been on the top floor, I'd have taken the stairs. Only real complaint was the quality of the towels in the bathroom. For ~$300/night, I was disappointed in how thin they were--something I'd expect in a lower-class, lower-priced property.

One recommendation: unless you plan to use it, turn the ice maker in the freezer OFF. It was a bit disturbing during the night when it dropped its frigid load into the empty tray!

Overall, good experience.

Room Tip: Get a room at the end of the halls away from the elevators if you want quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us at the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to let others know about our friendly staff and comfortable accommodations. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you come to the DC area.
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We greatly enjoyed our stay here during the Cherry Blossom Festival. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. For example, during the breakfast they anticipated big rush and on our way down we were guided from the elevator to a separate room with breakfast arrangements. Thus we did not have to face the problems at all. Overall, the front-desk offers great tips and suggestions for your travel in DC. The shuttle to metro runs every 20 minute and we found that a great way to commute.
The room was very clean and the decor was attractive to us. It was great to have the kitchen and have it fully stocked. We enjoyed the view and our daughter was excited to see planes, trains and automobiles outside the window.It was amazingly quiet.
There are a lot of restaurants within walking distance and the area is very upscale and safe.
My only complaint is the pricey parking charge - 24 USD/day. There are some free public parkings but they were too far away for all practicality.
Finally I give it a 5 star despite this. Definitely recommended for a family visiting DC. You will enjoy your stay here.

Room Tip: Get the river view rooms, the corner rooms are better
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for recommending the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View Hotel to other travelers. I am glad you and your family had time to come and enjoy the Cherry Blossom Festival and that your accommodations and guest service here at the hotel met your expectations. Our friendly staff awaits your next visit with us!
Greenock
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We have thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Residence Inn, Crystal City, but have been forced to give a poor rating overall for the hotel due to the ineptitude of the staff member who thoroughly botched the billing for our 3 night stay. Essentially being charged twice for our visit and also billed twice for "incidentals" (a charge which we were not made aware of when checking in), we have been left with next to no funds to enjoy our visit to the nation's Capital.

We approached hotel reception about the problem but were given little satisfaction; simply being assured that the problem would be resolved in the next few days. Since that assurance, we were billed *again*! The entire issue has put a very disappointing burden on what should have been our stress-free, relaxing, honeymoon.

Room Tip: The King suites are very nice, and well equipped.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
While I am glad that you enjoyed the hotel itself, I am disappointed by the lack of service you felt you received from our staff regarding the billing for your stay. I understand that in these economic times, every penny is precious. Add to that the fact that you were on your honeymoon without the resources to enjoy yourselves, makes it obvious that you would be so disappointed with your experience at our hotel. We never want our guests walking away from the hotel feeling so let down. I hope you will accept my sincerest apology for the guest service failure. If you would like to contact me directly to discuss this further, I will be here for you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Great staff, good location, great rooms. What else can you say. My only complaint is I don't particularly like the coffee they serve there! My girls loved their room, the location makes it easy to visit the attractions yet is just far away that when the sun goes down, the atmosphere relaxes.

Room Tip: No kids activities but nice pool
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us. I am happy to hear that your girls loved the room. I hope you were able to do a fair amount of sightseeing while you were here, but as you know, DC is a big place and you'll probably have to come back again and again just to see and do everything the city has to offer. As for the coffee, you could go next door to our sister hotel, the Renaissance Arlington Capital View, and try an illy's coffee or, if you're a die-hard Starbucks fan, there is a Starbucks one block away. However, I will be sure to share your coffee grade with our team. Your feedback is very important to us.

Been to Residence Inn Arlington Capital View? Share your experiences!