“Would Stay Here Again” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Seattle, Washington
“Would Stay Here Again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Stayed here only one night but it was a good experience.

PROS: Fantastic desk staff during check-in. Very polite, friendly and professional. Hallways are well lit. Room was reasonably large, nicely lit (thank you!), especially the vanity area. Free internet (wired and wireless), full kitchen. Room was quiet (I had asked for a quiet room). Bed was comfortable. Everything was clean.Shuttle service to the airport was free. No fuss printing boarding pass as there are 3 computers.

CONS: Can't completely fault the hotel for this, but a bus load of guests arrived the same time I did, overwhelming the 3 elevators. Took several extra minutes just to get to my room, which was unfortunate since I had checked in late at night and was tired. If I hadn't been on the top floor, I'd have taken the stairs. Only real complaint was the quality of the towels in the bathroom. For ~$300/night, I was disappointed in how thin they were--something I'd expect in a lower-class, lower-priced property.

One recommendation: unless you plan to use it, turn the ice maker in the freezer OFF. It was a bit disturbing during the night when it dropped its frigid load into the empty tray!

Overall, good experience.

Room Tip: Get a room at the end of the halls away from the elevators if you want quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us at the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to let others know about our friendly staff and comfortable accommodations. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you come to the DC area.

320 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Parsippany, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We greatly enjoyed our stay here during the Cherry Blossom Festival. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. For example, during the breakfast they anticipated big rush and on our way down we were guided from the elevator to a separate room with breakfast arrangements. Thus we did not have to face the problems at all. Overall, the front-desk offers great tips and suggestions for your travel in DC. The shuttle to metro runs every 20 minute and we found that a great way to commute.
The room was very clean and the decor was attractive to us. It was great to have the kitchen and have it fully stocked. We enjoyed the view and our daughter was excited to see planes, trains and automobiles outside the window.It was amazingly quiet.
My only complaint is the pricey parking charge - 24 USD/day. There are some free public parkings but they were too far away for all practicality.
Finally I give it a 5 star despite this. Definitely recommended for a family visiting DC. You will enjoy your stay here.

Room Tip: Get the river view rooms, the corner rooms are better
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for recommending the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View Hotel to other travelers. I am glad you and your family had time to come and enjoy the Cherry Blossom Festival and that your accommodations and guest service here at the hotel met your expectations. Our friendly staff awaits your next visit with us!
Greenock
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We have thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Residence Inn, Crystal City, but have been forced to give a poor rating overall for the hotel due to the ineptitude of the staff member who thoroughly botched the billing for our 3 night stay. Essentially being charged twice for our visit and also billed twice for "incidentals" (a charge which we were not made aware of when checking in), we have been left with next to no funds to enjoy our visit to the nation's Capital.

We approached hotel reception about the problem but were given little satisfaction; simply being assured that the problem would be resolved in the next few days. Since that assurance, we were billed *again*! The entire issue has put a very disappointing burden on what should have been our stress-free, relaxing, honeymoon.

Room Tip: The King suites are very nice, and well equipped.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
While I am glad that you enjoyed the hotel itself, I am disappointed by the lack of service you felt you received from our staff regarding the billing for your stay. I understand that in these economic times, every penny is precious. Add to that the fact that you were on your honeymoon without the resources to enjoy yourselves, makes it obvious that you would be so disappointed with your experience at our hotel. We never want our guests walking away from the hotel feeling so let down. I hope you will accept my sincerest apology for the guest service failure. If you would like to contact me directly to discuss this further, I will be here for you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Great staff, good location, great rooms. What else can you say. My only complaint is I don't particularly like the coffee they serve there! My girls loved their room, the location makes it easy to visit the attractions yet is just far away that when the sun goes down, the atmosphere relaxes.

Room Tip: No kids activities but nice pool
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us. I am happy to hear that your girls loved the room. I hope you were able to do a fair amount of sightseeing while you were here, but as you know, DC is a big place and you'll probably have to come back again and again just to see and do everything the city has to offer. As for the coffee, you could go next door to our sister hotel, the Renaissance Arlington Capital View, and try an illy's coffee or, if you're a die-hard Starbucks fan, there is a Starbucks one block away. However, I will be sure to share your coffee grade with our team. Your feedback is very important to us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay here . The staff were all very helpful. The room was very clean and up to date.It was great to have the kitchen and have it fully stocked. The refrigerator was a little too noisy for my taste so all I did was unplug it and the room was very quiet. I didn't have the best view but it was interesting to see planes, trains and automobiles outside my window.It was amazingly quiet and even though I was next to the elevator I didn't hear anything in the hallway.There are two shuttles, one to the airport and one to the metro and it will drop you near any restaurant on the way. I think the longest I waited for one was about five minutes. My only complaint was the breakfast on the first day was lukewarm but they had a lot of people and had to open up dining rooms on other levels.The other days the food was warm and tasty. There are a lot of restaurants within walking distance and the area is very upscale and safe.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for sharing your review of our hotel with other TripAdvisor users. We often hear our guests express how delightful it is to be able to see the trains and watch the airplanes from their guestroom windows, but not have the inconvenience of the noise. You have been added to that list. Since many of our guests are with us for extended stays, it is important for them to have a space where they can regroup, relax or get a bit of work done. This is what Residence Inn Arlington Capital View is all about.
Oak Park, Il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Our stay at this hotel over our 7-year old son's Spring Break was wonderfully memorable, and we can't wait to stay there again. Our room was clean, the bed was very comfortable and there was a sleeper sofa for Jude. Less than 2 miles from Reagan airport, we never heard the sounds of the aircraft landing and taking off that we could see from our eleventh-floor room. There was a full kitchen with pots and dishes and so on which we planned to use, but we never got around to it because of the free daily breakfast buffet: eggs, various breakfast meats, potatoes, cereals, bagels, rolls, toast, pancakes, waffles, milk, juices, coffee, yogurt, spreads; and on the weekday evenings we stayed there was also a "Manager's Reception" that was basically another free buffet-style spread of casual foods. Over the evenings we attended the food included chicken wings, beef or chicken tacos, salads, chips, fries, and other comfort foods. The hotel is part of a complex that includes other hotels, and several restaurants; including Socci's where I had a tasty bison burger for lunch one day. The staff was uniformly friendly and helpful. Their warmly welcoming demeanor was a refreshing contrast and respite for our big-city souls. Their was a nice family atmosphere at the indoor pool, and the hotel is located within walking distance of the D.C. Metro commuter rail system, but desk staff advised us that cab fare was more affordable for a group of three, so that's how we travelled mostly, though we did try the Metro once for the experience. Very different from the CTA in Chicagoland. Anyway, the hotel is located less than a 15 minute cab ride from Arlington National Cemetery, the National Mall, Georgetown, the White House, Capital, Library of Congress, and many more attractions. It far exceeded our expectations for a family vacation, and we will return to the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View when we go back to D.C.

Room Tip: I'm told that the corner rooms offered great views.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for selecting the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View Hotel for your recent stay. I am pleased that your stay met with your expectations and that you would gladly choose us again for another stay. Our Residence Inn staff are always anticipating the needs of our guests and look for ways to help them more comfortable. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed here for two nights in early April. This hotel is easy to get to either by personal car or by taxi from Reagan National or from any business you might have in the DC, Arlington, or Alexandria area. Check-in was easy and the staff polite. The parking garage always had a space available for me and it cost about $25 per day which is average for the area, however some other hotels nearby offer free parking. The room, a mini suite, was super clean, ultra quiet and thoughtfully designed for the business traveler or small family. The bed was comfortable which is not always the case any more so I was happy to see that. My only disappointment was with the free dinner. I know I probably shouldn't complain about anything free but here goes. The quality of the food was mediocre and if you didn't get there to be first in line, you stood the chance of not getting any food at all due to a ravenous bunch of folks that I wondered if they were even guests of the hotel. There were even signs displayed noting that you would be checked to determine if you were a guest but I never saw that occur. I closely watched what I believed were area families and workers from the airport, based on their ID's hanging around their necks,get in line for the free grub. After the first night of seeing this and being disappointed with the food, on the second night after I quickly surveyed the scene and the menu and decided to go out for a quality steak dinner down the street at Morton's. Overall you will not be disappointed with this hotel as long as you are not looking forward to the free meals.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
I appreciate the candor in the feedback given in your review of the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View Hotel. While there are many things that you enjoyed about our hotel, there are obvious other attributes that lacked appeal. Our guests are our most important asset and we are here to ensure that their expecatations are met on all levels of guest service. Your comments regarding the meal service have been duly noted and will be remedied at once. At no time is it appropriate for any staff member to place themselves above or in front of any of our guests who are waiting to be served. Please accept my apology and my assurance that this will be addressed.

Been to Residence Inn Arlington Capital View? Share your experiences!