“Great new hotel in Crystal City” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and save 20%!
Ranked #1 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Great new hotel in Crystal City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Great staff, good location, great rooms. What else can you say. My only complaint is I don't particularly like the coffee they serve there! My girls loved their room, the location makes it easy to visit the attractions yet is just far away that when the sun goes down, the atmosphere relaxes.

Room Tip: No kids activities but nice pool
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Peter A
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. I am happy to hear that your girls loved the room. I hope you were able to do a fair amount of sightseeing while you were here, but as you know, DC is a big place and you'll probably have to come back again and again just to see and do everything the city has to offer. As for the coffee, you could go next door to our sister hotel, the Renaissance Arlington Capital View, and try an illy's coffee or, if you're a die-hard Starbucks fan, there is a Starbucks one block away. However, I will be sure to share your coffee grade with our team. Your feedback is very important to us.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay here . The staff were all very helpful. The room was very clean and up to date.It was great to have the kitchen and have it fully stocked. The refrigerator was a little too noisy for my taste so all I did was unplug it and the room was very quiet. I didn't have the best view but it was interesting to see planes, trains and automobiles outside my window.It was amazingly quiet and even though I was next to the elevator I didn't hear anything in the hallway.There are two shuttles, one to the airport and one to the metro and it will drop you near any restaurant on the way. I think the longest I waited for one was about five minutes. My only complaint was the breakfast on the first day was lukewarm but they had a lot of people and had to open up dining rooms on other levels.The other days the food was warm and tasty. There are a lot of restaurants within walking distance and the area is very upscale and safe.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank mggatorrn
Thank you for sharing your review of our hotel with other TripAdvisor users. We often hear our guests express how delightful it is to be able to see the trains and watch the airplanes from their guestroom windows, but not have the inconvenience of the noise. You have been added to that list. Since many of our guests are with us for extended stays, it is important for them to have a space where they can regroup, relax or get a bit of work done. This is what Residence Inn Arlington Capital View is all about.
Oak Park, Il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Our stay at this hotel over our 7-year old son's Spring Break was wonderfully memorable, and we can't wait to stay there again. Our room was clean, the bed was very comfortable and there was a sleeper sofa for Jude. Less than 2 miles from Reagan airport, we never heard the sounds of the aircraft landing and taking off that we could see from our eleventh-floor room. There was a full kitchen with pots and dishes and so on which we planned to use, but we never got around to it because of the free daily breakfast buffet: eggs, various breakfast meats, potatoes, cereals, bagels, rolls, toast, pancakes, waffles, milk, juices, coffee, yogurt, spreads; and on the weekday evenings we stayed there was also a "Manager's Reception" that was basically another free buffet-style spread of casual foods. Over the evenings we attended the food included chicken wings, beef or chicken tacos, salads, chips, fries, and other comfort foods. The hotel is part of a complex that includes other hotels, and several restaurants; including Socci's where I had a tasty bison burger for lunch one day. The staff was uniformly friendly and helpful. Their warmly welcoming demeanor was a refreshing contrast and respite for our big-city souls. Their was a nice family atmosphere at the indoor pool, and the hotel is located within walking distance of the D.C. Metro commuter rail system, but desk staff advised us that cab fare was more affordable for a group of three, so that's how we travelled mostly, though we did try the Metro once for the experience. Very different from the CTA in Chicagoland. Anyway, the hotel is located less than a 15 minute cab ride from Arlington National Cemetery, the National Mall, Georgetown, the White House, Capital, Library of Congress, and many more attractions. It far exceeded our expectations for a family vacation, and we will return to the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View when we go back to D.C.

Room Tip: I'm told that the corner rooms offered great views.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for selecting the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View Hotel for your recent stay. I am pleased that your stay met with your expectations and that you would gladly choose us again for another stay. Our Residence Inn staff are always anticipating the needs of our guests and look for ways to help them more comfortable. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed here for two nights in early April. This hotel is easy to get to either by personal car or by taxi from Reagan National or from any business you might have in the DC, Arlington, or Alexandria area. Check-in was easy and the staff polite. The parking garage always had a space available for me and it cost about $25 per day which is average for the area, however some other hotels nearby offer free parking. The room, a mini suite, was super clean, ultra quiet and thoughtfully designed for the business traveler or small family. The bed was comfortable which is not always the case any more so I was happy to see that. My only disappointment was with the free dinner. I know I probably shouldn't complain about anything free but here goes. The quality of the food was mediocre and if you didn't get there to be first in line, you stood the chance of not getting any food at all due to a ravenous bunch of folks that I wondered if they were even guests of the hotel. There were even signs displayed noting that you would be checked to determine if you were a guest but I never saw that occur. I closely watched what I believed were area families and workers from the airport, based on their ID's hanging around their necks,get in line for the free grub. After the first night of seeing this and being disappointed with the food, on the second night after I quickly surveyed the scene and the menu and decided to go out for a quality steak dinner down the street at Morton's. Overall you will not be disappointed with this hotel as long as you are not looking forward to the free meals.

1 Thank ImATravelinFool
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
I appreciate the candor in the feedback given in your review of the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View Hotel. While there are many things that you enjoyed about our hotel, there are obvious other attributes that lacked appeal. Our guests are our most important asset and we are here to ensure that their expecatations are met on all levels of guest service. Your comments regarding the meal service have been duly noted and will be remedied at once. At no time is it appropriate for any staff member to place themselves above or in front of any of our guests who are waiting to be served. Please accept my apology and my assurance that this will be addressed.
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great new hotel with comfortable standard Residence inn rooms. Good breakfast, a
little chaotic due to morning rush! Breakfast closes at 10am sharp! Hotel staff very helpful most of the time, just one extremely rude shuttle driver who was very condescending to older gentleman on the shuttle and drove like a jerk! Tips: if a light sleeper try to stay away from the side facing the railroad on South Potomac Ave right in front of hotel lobby, multiple trains pass at night and could wake you up.

1 Thank swiftfireman
Thank you for your business. It is greatly appreciated. I also value your feedback concerning the shuttle driver and invite you to contact me directly at the hotel to discuss this. Rudeness in any form will not be tolerated from our staff and I will share your review with our team and address this concern in detail. It is my hope that you will accept my sincerest apology for this incident and that it will not deter you from ever wanting to stay with us again.
NYC northern suburbs, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Based on other reviews, I chose this hotel for a weekend stay at the beginning of April 2013. While Washington was super crowded on this particular weekend because of the Cherry Blossom Festival, the best thing for us was that we enjoyed a great stay here - nice to get away from the big crowds. We had a huge (almost 500 sq ft) 1 Bedroom King Suite on the corner of the 11th floor with 3 big windows in the bed/bath area facing east and south, and a south facing window in the living room. Almost as big as my first apartment was!! This hotel is about 2 years old so everything is really new - nice new stainless steel kitchen, granite, marble bath. Although our room faced Reagan National Airport and overlooked the train tracks, we heard absolutely no noise. The south facing view was of the Potomac, but directly below was a parking lot with what looked like construction vehicles. No biggie. There is no door to the bathroom sink area (around corner from bedroom), but there is a door to the tub/shower/toilet room - in case you are a family with kids, the bathroom is through the bedroom. There are 2 TVs, however, so that's great for a family. Ample buffet breakfast (complimentary) which is great considering other options are not close to the hotel. Crowded due to full hotel (Cherry Blossom Festival again), but the hotel opened up rooms for extra seating to accommodate everyone easily. Free shuttle 3x/hour to/from Metro, will also drop you off near local restaurants and pick you up. Eg., Legal Seafood is about 1/2 mile away - very good. There is an Italian restaurant in the next door Renaissance Hotel, but we did not try it. Staff is cheerful and helpful. Only wish we had brought gym gear, so we could have used the fitness center instead of dodging crowds on the streets of DC. Recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for the wonderful review! Cherry Blossom season was later than usual this year, but it's still great to see so many people taking the time to come to DC and enjoy the splendor of the blossoms. It's fascinating to hear the different perspectives shared by our guests in the lobby over breakfast or a casual conversation taking place in the seating area. Guests from all over the world come for an experience they will never forget and we are honored that they choose to stay with us to make it happen.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

My wife and i had to fly to DC with my 15 yr old daughter to visit Corcoran school of arts,so i was looking for a hotel that was close to the airport and the metro.being we were there for just 1 day.I don't think i could have made a better choice than the Residence Inn at Capital View.we received excellent customer service from my first call to check out,I wanna say thanks to Stephanie A. for going above and beyond,We dropped by around 9:30 am just to drop off our bags before going downtown but she informed us that she could put us in our room which was a pleasant surprise!We wanted to get a bite to eat before going to the campus so she suggested we take the shuttle to the area where the restaurants were,and to take a cab to the campus,which would cost the same or cheaper than the blue line..she also offered to call the cab for us in which she did,and called me back to let me know when it would be there and left the cab's phone number with me..I happen to work for a major airline and have spent a few years in the hotel business,so believe me when I say, I know how Great customer service should look,and I was looking at it face to face!! Oh yeah..the breakfast Yummy! will I be back again? what do you think??

• 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for submitting your review for other readers. Our staff understands the importance of not only meeting our guest's expectations, but exceeding them as well. We are absolutely positive that a great stay will turn into a repeat stay. Our business depends on it and you can rely on it.