“Great hotel esp. for extended stay” 5 of 5 stars

Free Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 47 hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Houston, Texas
“Great hotel esp. for extended stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Just got back from Arlington VA and a stay at the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View. This is a very new property (2 years) that is housed in the same building and with a Renaissance Hotel and both are owned by Marriott.

Thoroughly enjoyed the friendliness of the staff, great price, excellent and spacious hotel room with frig, stove, microwave...all the comforts of home. You can also cross over on the second floor to the Renaissance and enjoy their restaurants and other services.

Check it out, you won't be sorry. P.S. did I mention free breakfast and dinner included in their dining room and free shuttle service to and from DCA/Reagan!!!

Room Tip: 14 floors. I like the view from the higher floors myself but elevators are not speedy.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
I am pleased that you have been able to be a part of our "extended" family. We understand how difficult it must be to be away from home for long periods of time and we want to help make your stay as comfortable and convenient as possible. Thank you for recommending us to others. We look forward to serving them with the same great guest service that was shown to you. Your review is greatly appreciated.

326 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

This hotel is still new- built in 2011. Front desk people are so accommodating. Told us how to get to Washington, DC by Metro.Suggested places to go to. Free shuttle from hotel to Metro. Room is nice-love the little kitchen area and dining room plus huge refrigerator and with dish washer. The bathroom is bigger than the norm. Sink is outside the bathroom- which to me is more convenient. Bed is comfy. This hotel is just like your regular time share condo but cheaper and better service. Breakfast is included. Selection is ok. Had a long line to the buffet but it's ok. They opened the conference room to accommodate more seating. Parking and valet is cheaper compared to DC hotels. The only thing I would recommend is the bathrobe and To go boxes for breakfast. We were running late on Monday and we didn't have time to sit and enjoy our breakfast. Other than that, our stay was awesome. Perfect place- just 3 stops from DC. Will definitely come back :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your review with other TripAdvisor users. I am pleased that you feel the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View Hotel feels like a "home away from home" because that is truly how we want our guests to feel. Our staff genuinely cares for our guests and we know it's the little things that make all the difference. I also want to thank you for the feedback given in your review. This will be shared with our management team.
Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I chose this property based on the reviews and was extremely satisfied with the property itself. I was on a very important business trip where my contacts had to maintain contact with me via my cell phone. When I checked into the hotel, I made contact with those people via my Verizon account and everything was fine. After I did not receive certain calls later that evening, I attempted to use my cell phone and was unable to do so. Come to find out, all my calls were going to voice mail to which I could not reach. I reported it that night to the desk clerk who advised someone else had also complained so maybe the "tower" was down. I asked the clerk if they had the same problem when they stepped outside the hotel whereby she noted they did not. I stepped outside the hotel and was able to make the call. The next morning I had the same problem and again brought it to the attention of a desk clerk and was advised she had not been advised of a problem. She noted she would report it to "Engineering." When I returned from my meeting several hours later, the problem had been resolved. While I do not know what the problem was, I was very disappointed that the problem was not apparently escalated upon my initially reporting the issue. Based on this experience, I probably will not stay at this particular property again. That being said, I found the property to be well-cared for and the staff extremely courteous and professional. The household staff also did an EXCELLENT job. Even though the property is close to the airport, I was not disturbed by the airplanes taking off or landing. The "Metro" and another rail system also passes close to the property and I did hear a couple passing trains through the night but it was not unbearable. I probably would have rated the property higher if not for the cell phone issue. Great economic value, in my opinion.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a good clean property for a family type vacation, this would probably be an E...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We take your concerns regarding cell phone service seriously and are implementing measures to make sure our guests will be able to send and receive calls while they are at the hotel. We understand the importance of remaining in contact with the outside world. Our livelihood depends on it. We hope you will consider our hotel for another stay.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

My family of 5 stayed at the Residence Inn Arlingon Capital View for 2 nights at the end of our extended Easter Weekend. We had 2 studio rooms side by side (not connecting).

Likes:
- Brand new hotel with beautiful decor - extremely clean and very well designed rooms
- Pillows and beds were comfortable
- Great price (compared to DC downtown)
- Free WIFI, breakfast and dinner was a huge plus

Dislikes:
- Our room was on the 5th floor facing the airport, metro and train tracks - it was a little noisy for me.
- Location is a bit far from Metro station - even though they have a free shuttle, the shuttle was packed around dinner time.
- Hotel was full of families...so you can hear a lot of kids running down the halls and slamming doors (really not the hotels fault)

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the airport, Metro and train tracks
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for submitting a review of the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View Hotel to TripAdvisor. Easter weekend proved to be a busy weekend for us with many families staying at our hotel, hence the noise. Hopefully, you will return for another stay and you'll see that we are actually pretty quiet here. The comfy beds are calling you!
Muncie, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I chose this hotel after about a month of endless internet searches and reading many a TripAdvisor Review. I Chose to go with the one hotel I could find with the most consistently positive Reviews. I booked a one bedroom Suite for Spring Break in DC with our 12 year old son. Upon arrival, we were greeted with enthusiasm and were assured we had a beautiful river view from our 11th floor corner room. Indeed, the view was great; my son was thrilled with the fact that he could watch the planes land and take off from Reagan. Our room ended up being a Studio Suite rather than the one bedroom I booked. A few concessions were graciously made by the management which ended up being an acceptable band-aid for the room mix-up. The property is only 2 years old so everything was new, clean, comtemporary, and comfortable. The King Size bed was, in my opinion, very comfortable. The Sleeper Sofa mattress was...well, a typical sleeper sofa mattress...okay for a child. It was nice to have the convenience of a full size fridge, stove top, microwave (free popcorn provided), and dishwasher. The daily breakfast buffet is abundant and we chose to take advantage most of the days along with the Mon-Tue-Wed evening dinners. The dinners are just okay but the 2 glasses of wine or beer that are included are a nice touch. Now...for the shuttle service...Really fantastic...loved using the DCmarriottshuttle.com application so we knew exactly when the shuttle would arrive. What a wonderful employee they have in "Dean"...lovely gentleman who drove the shuttle most nights. Service to the Metro Station was great and the shuttle runs up until 11pm so we had plenty of time to get our sightseeing in and then back to the hotel for dinner or a shuttle to the restaurants off 23rd Street (Mortons, Ted's Montanta Grill, The Good Stuff (Great Burger Place), Noodles & Co., Starbucks, Caribou Coffee, etc.) We did enjoy dinner one night in the adjoining Renassance Hotel (Socci/Italian/Delicious) and if you are a coffee person, "Illy" Espressemente is also located in The Renaissance. The room in which we stayed was very peaceful (1151)...it is located in the corner, at the furthest point from the elevators. Although, in close proximity to the airport, no disturbance from aircraft....occassionally, you may hear a train. No loud guests in the hallways, slamming doors, etc. Overall, I would choose to stay here again...it was an excellent value and the staff was outstanding.

Room Tip: Ask for a Room with a River/Airport View...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for such a wonderful review of our hotel! I am sure other readers will find your details enticing and they will want to come for a visit. I am happy you chose us for your stay.
ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Just returned from a weekend stay at The Residence Inn. It was a perfect location with shuttle service if you don't want to take the ten minute walk to the Metro.

Beautiful rooms and friendly staff. Will certainly be back!

Thanks for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
I am pleased you enjoyed your stay at the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View Hotel. We are counting on you to come back. Our friendly staff awaits!
Rochester, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I was very pleased with my stay at the Residence Inn. We stayed in a one bedroom suite with a kitchenette and had plenty of room. Breakfast was great each morning. The hotel offered a shuttle every 20 minutes that went to 23rd Street (where the restaurants are) and the metro (public train transportation). During the weekday nights the shuttle was smaller than on the weekends, so people would have to wait around another 20 minutes to catch the next one, if the shuttle was full. One of the days the lifeguard staff had to turn swimmers away from the pool because it was at the capacity. On the last morning of our stay, a small dog was staying across the hallway and was barking. The staff was always very accommodating.

I would certainly recommend this hotel and would stay at this hotel again, in a heartbeat.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel. We understand your frustration regarding the wait time for a shuttle and have implemented measures to ensure that extra shuttles are put into service when needed. We know our guests have busy schedules, with places to go and things to do and we don't want them to miss a minute of it!

Been to Residence Inn Arlington Capital View? Share your experiences!