“Great Staff and Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Free Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 47 hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Boiling Springs, South Carolina, United States
“Great Staff and Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

My husband and I met my sister-in-law and 2 nieces (8 and 12) for a long weekend in Washington to explore all the sites this summer - July 2012. We stayed at this Residence Inn in Arlington Capital View - what a great experience. Clean, bright, large rooms and a fantastic staff. I have stayed at many, many Marriott properties, but not very often at Residence Inns. I was not quite sure what to expect, but we used Marriott points and liked the location. The hotel was a good surprise and delight. Shuttle service to and from the metro was great and frequent, making it very easy to get into DC to see the sights. Breakfast was fine, but always busy - but well stocked. The big plus for us was the Staff. Just terrific - helpful, friendly and just great to deal with. We had lots of questions upon arrival and AJ was tops. So willing to answer all our questions, ensured we had rooms next to each other - lots of details about how to get everywhere - Just all around super. He set the bar high, and we found that all the staff were just like him. They know that they are a tourist focused hotel and they ensure their guests have as much help as they need. I highly recommend this Residence Inn - especially if you are planning to see the sites in DC. I have found that the staff can make or break an experience and this team helped make our staff fun and easy.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for submitting a review of your family's experience at our hotel. It is always great to hear how our guest service not only meets, but exceeds our guests expectations. Your feedback is very important for our staff members and we will be sure to share your comments with them. We will continue to strive to provide the utmost in guest satisfaction and become the landmark extended stay hotel in DC.

320 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Disney World, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Stayed here this past weekend and the hotel was beautiful. The staff was very friendly and they were always able to answer questions about the area and hotel. The location of the hotel was decent... It was about a 15 minute walk to the Metro. No walgreens or any other store for room essentials located around the hotel :(

The shuttle was an absolute mess. The website they give you for tracking never worked and the girl at the front desk said that most of the time it is tracking an off duty or parked shuttle. I dont understand what the point of having a tracker is if it doesnt help. The shuttle driver forgot to drop us off at 23rd street so when he finally stopped, we had to walk all the way back. The hotel told us to wait in front of the steakhouse on 23rd to get picked up and of course no shuttle ever showed to pick us up. We walked all the way back to the hotel. That same night we got off the metro and the tracker showed the shuttle would be at the stop in 11 minutes and 30 minutes later it finally showed up.

Overall, it was a very nice stay but if you are planning to use the metro for most of your travel, consider walking to the metro station because many times it is quicker,

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View Hotel and for taking the time to submit your review of the hotel. While I am pleased that you were satisfied with the hotel and our staff, I can certainly understand your frustration with the shuttle when we failed to meet your needs in a timely manner. It is my hope that you will accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience we caused during your stay. We are currently working on our tracking system in order to improve its functionality and to eliminate the issues you mentioned going forward. It is my hope that you will consider our hotel for a future stay. We would love to have you visit again.
Portland, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I always stay in Crystal City when visiting DC because of the great hotel rates here on the weekend. This Residence Inn, together with the Renaissance next door (same building), are the two newest hotels in this area (opened 2011.) The great reviews here are accurate and I would stay here without hesitation, especially for a longer stay, when you can take full advantage of the complete kitchen, free breakfast and weekday dinners.

PROS:

--clean, modern, functional rooms with full kitchen, free wired or wireless HSIA, room safe.

--large TV channel line-up with HD programming

--free shuttle service to DCA and CC Metro every 20 mins till 11pm

--extremely quiet despite being next to DCA; did not hear any planes over a 5-night stay, though I heard the train a few times.

--abundant restaurant within 1 mile radius of hotel: you can walk or be shuttled to 23rd St and Crystal Drive

--very friendly and polite staff; I especially appreciated Tiffany (front desk + shuttle), who located a lost item miraculously and promptly mailed it to me at home; she is a wonderful staff member!

--large fitness center shared with the Renaissance, always open, rarely crowded

--nice hot food selections at breakfast and dinner time

CONS:

--dining area can get quite full at breakfast and dinner; I suppose you can always take it back to your room if there are no tables.

--no mugs at breakfast, just styrofoam cups, even though there are real plates and silverware

--while weekend room rates are super, the weekday rates are in the $200's, still lower than downtown DC

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View Hotel for your stay and for pointing out all of the great reasons to other guests who are looking for a place to stay while in the DC area. We hope you will come see us again whenever your travels bring you to the area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed here for our anniversary. The room was wonderful, the breakfast delicious and the staff was just charming! Knowing that it was our anniversary they even had a surprise bottle of wine for us in our room! How thoughtful. The breakfast was fresh, varied and plentiful allowing us to eat a hearty breakfast prior to touring the city. The walk to the metro rail station was ~.7miles but we walked some of it underground in the Crystal City plaza.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View for your stay. It was a pleasure to share in your joyous occasion and wish you many more years of wedded bliss. We hope you will think of us for another stay whenever you are in the area.
Salt Lake City, UT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

My mom and I stayed here for a girls-only vacation last spring. It had recently opened and was absolutely beautiful. The staff were friendly, helpful and welcoming. The room was standard for a Residence Inn, but more than adequate. The hotel was very clean and the location was fantastic. Close to shopping, eating, and all the local attractions. The restaurants on sight were yummy with a cool vibe. I was not hesitate for a minute to recommend this hotel to people visiting Washington DC.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
We are pleased that you would recommend us to anyone visiting DC. We are close to all of the major attractions and only minutes away from the DCA airport. Keep us in mind for your next girls-only vacation. We'll be waiting for you.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Night shift front desk staff are not expected to be extremely patient, kind & go out of the way to solve your problem if you have one or to check you inn in few moments with a big & welcoming smile. Ms. Grace at this hotel, did all of that to me and even more when she realized how tired I am she helped me with my bags which is never her job, Something went wrong with my reservation during check in, I was frustrated as I was extremely tired. To my surprise, this lady was graceful enough to sort this out for me smartly in less than 5 minutes. She called the reservation office without me noticing anything and asked me to just go to my room & relax. I will always return back & I do (stayed for more than 6 times). Also, I have to thank Mr. Reza, who checked me inn politely & nicely during the storm and when everybody in the hotel is super busy. Ms. Ch'ekat, Ms. Tiffany and all of you, Thank you guys!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your review. We will share your accolades with our team and we can't wait until you come back to see us again!
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stayed here overnight and could not have been more pleased. The hotel appears to be brand new with a welcoming lobby, very friendly employees (at the front desk and at the breakfast buffet) and just generally gives off a cool, hip vibe. The room was standard Residence Inn, although I was surprised at just how roomy my one-bedroom suite was. There is a well-equipped fitness center, shared with the Renaissance next door, as well as a tiny pool and gorgeous lanai.

The hotel is served by a shuttle to National Airport, which runs every 20 minutes, and also has a shuttle to the Crystal City Metro stop (also every 20 minutes I think). There's free wifi. There are a couple of places nearby to eat as well. The free breakfast is phenomenal (how many free hotel buffets offer Eggs Benedict?).

For those visiting NOVA, I could not recommend this hotel with more enthusiasm!

A hint: my friend who picked me up had a hard time finding this hotel using her GPS, I think this place is so new many don't know where it is so do some research before you go.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Not only do we appreciate that you wrote about your stay at the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, we are also thrilled that you are recommending our hotel to others. Thank you very much!

Been to Residence Inn Arlington Capital View? Share your experiences!