“GREAT MARRIOTT ADDITION TO CRYSTAL CITY!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Portland, OR
“GREAT MARRIOTT ADDITION TO CRYSTAL CITY!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I always stay in Crystal City when visiting DC because of the great hotel rates here on the weekend. This Residence Inn, together with the Renaissance next door (same building), are the two newest hotels in this area (opened 2011.) The great reviews here are accurate and I would stay here without hesitation, especially for a longer stay, when you can take full advantage of the complete kitchen, free breakfast and weekday dinners.

PROS:

--clean, modern, functional rooms with full kitchen, free wired or wireless HSIA, room safe.

--large TV channel line-up with HD programming

--free shuttle service to DCA and CC Metro every 20 mins till 11pm

--extremely quiet despite being next to DCA; did not hear any planes over a 5-night stay, though I heard the train a few times.

--abundant restaurant within 1 mile radius of hotel: you can walk or be shuttled to 23rd St and Crystal Drive

--very friendly and polite staff; I especially appreciated Tiffany (front desk + shuttle), who located a lost item miraculously and promptly mailed it to me at home; she is a wonderful staff member!

--large fitness center shared with the Renaissance, always open, rarely crowded

--nice hot food selections at breakfast and dinner time

CONS:

--dining area can get quite full at breakfast and dinner; I suppose you can always take it back to your room if there are no tables.

--no mugs at breakfast, just styrofoam cups, even though there are real plates and silverware

--while weekend room rates are super, the weekday rates are in the $200's, still lower than downtown DC

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View Hotel for your stay and for pointing out all of the great reasons to other guests who are looking for a place to stay while in the DC area. We hope you will come see us again whenever your travels bring you to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed here for our anniversary. The room was wonderful, the breakfast delicious and the staff was just charming! Knowing that it was our anniversary they even had a surprise bottle of wine for us in our room! How thoughtful. The breakfast was fresh, varied and plentiful allowing us to eat a hearty breakfast prior to touring the city. The walk to the metro rail station was ~.7miles but we walked some of it underground in the Crystal City plaza.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View for your stay. It was a pleasure to share in your joyous occasion and wish you many more years of wedded bliss. We hope you will think of us for another stay whenever you are in the area.
Salt Lake City, UT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

My mom and I stayed here for a girls-only vacation last spring. It had recently opened and was absolutely beautiful. The staff were friendly, helpful and welcoming. The room was standard for a Residence Inn, but more than adequate. The hotel was very clean and the location was fantastic. Close to shopping, eating, and all the local attractions. The restaurants on sight were yummy with a cool vibe. I was not hesitate for a minute to recommend this hotel to people visiting Washington DC.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
We are pleased that you would recommend us to anyone visiting DC. We are close to all of the major attractions and only minutes away from the DCA airport. Keep us in mind for your next girls-only vacation. We'll be waiting for you.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Night shift front desk staff are not expected to be extremely patient, kind & go out of the way to solve your problem if you have one or to check you inn in few moments with a big & welcoming smile. Ms. Grace at this hotel, did all of that to me and even more when she realized how tired I am she helped me with my bags which is never her job, Something went wrong with my reservation during check in, I was frustrated as I was extremely tired. To my surprise, this lady was graceful enough to sort this out for me smartly in less than 5 minutes. She called the reservation office without me noticing anything and asked me to just go to my room & relax. I will always return back & I do (stayed for more than 6 times). Also, I have to thank Mr. Reza, who checked me inn politely & nicely during the storm and when everybody in the hotel is super busy. Ms. Ch'ekat, Ms. Tiffany and all of you, Thank you guys!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your review. We will share your accolades with our team and we can't wait until you come back to see us again!
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stayed here overnight and could not have been more pleased. The hotel appears to be brand new with a welcoming lobby, very friendly employees (at the front desk and at the breakfast buffet) and just generally gives off a cool, hip vibe. The room was standard Residence Inn, although I was surprised at just how roomy my one-bedroom suite was. There is a well-equipped fitness center, shared with the Renaissance next door, as well as a tiny pool and gorgeous lanai.

The hotel is served by a shuttle to National Airport, which runs every 20 minutes, and also has a shuttle to the Crystal City Metro stop (also every 20 minutes I think). There's free wifi. There are a couple of places nearby to eat as well. The free breakfast is phenomenal (how many free hotel buffets offer Eggs Benedict?).

For those visiting NOVA, I could not recommend this hotel with more enthusiasm!

A hint: my friend who picked me up had a hard time finding this hotel using her GPS, I think this place is so new many don't know where it is so do some research before you go.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Not only do we appreciate that you wrote about your stay at the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, we are also thrilled that you are recommending our hotel to others. Thank you very much!
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Fairly modern, clean and quiet - a good night's rest. Staff seemed a bit more pleasant than normally found at business hotels - in a genuine way, as if they enjoyed woking there. Breakfast buffet of good quality & variety. Excellent fitness center (shared with adjacent Renaissance), much better than average and something that makes a big difference for me. Shuttles to the Metro & airport operate every 20 minutes.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
We know you have a choice when staying in Crystal City, so thank you very much for choosing the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View Hotel. There's no doubt about it, the fitness center is superb. Where else can you work out on the highest rated equipment while enjoying the view of the green roof through the large picture windows? Thank you for recommending us to other Trip Advisor users. It was a pleasure to serve you.
Dairyland, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

This place is great. Friendly employees, great service and location. Easy to the metro and city, and easier to the airport. Will certainly be back and would stay here for work or pleasure. While it was nice to have it be mostly adults, this property would be good if you were traveling with children too.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for the review and for your business. We appreciate it very much. I have to agree with you. The Residence Inn Arlington Capital View is a perfect fit for every guest. Whether you are traveling for business or vacationing with the family, it's all here at the Residence Inn. Come back soon. Our friendly staff will be here to welcome you.

Been to Residence Inn Arlington Capital View? Share your experiences!