“Great hotel and friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #2 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Great hotel and friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed here for our anniversary. The room was wonderful, the breakfast delicious and the staff was just charming! Knowing that it was our anniversary they even had a surprise bottle of wine for us in our room! How thoughtful. The breakfast was fresh, varied and plentiful allowing us to eat a hearty breakfast prior to touring the city. The walk to the metro rail station was ~.7miles but we walked some of it underground in the Crystal City plaza.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View for your stay. It was a pleasure to share in your joyous occasion and wish you many more years of wedded bliss. We hope you will think of us for another stay whenever you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Salt Lake City, UT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

My mom and I stayed here for a girls-only vacation last spring. It had recently opened and was absolutely beautiful. The staff were friendly, helpful and welcoming. The room was standard for a Residence Inn, but more than adequate. The hotel was very clean and the location was fantastic. Close to shopping, eating, and all the local attractions. The restaurants on sight were yummy with a cool vibe. I was not hesitate for a minute to recommend this hotel to people visiting Washington DC.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
We are pleased that you would recommend us to anyone visiting DC. We are close to all of the major attractions and only minutes away from the DCA airport. Keep us in mind for your next girls-only vacation. We'll be waiting for you.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Night shift front desk staff are not expected to be extremely patient, kind & go out of the way to solve your problem if you have one or to check you inn in few moments with a big & welcoming smile. Ms. Grace at this hotel, did all of that to me and even more when she realized how tired I am she helped me with my bags which is never her job, Something went wrong with my reservation during check in, I was frustrated as I was extremely tired. To my surprise, this lady was graceful enough to sort this out for me smartly in less than 5 minutes. She called the reservation office without me noticing anything and asked me to just go to my room & relax. I will always return back & I do (stayed for more than 6 times). Also, I have to thank Mr. Reza, who checked me inn politely & nicely during the storm and when everybody in the hotel is super busy. Ms. Ch'ekat, Ms. Tiffany and all of you, Thank you guys!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your review. We will share your accolades with our team and we can't wait until you come back to see us again!
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stayed here overnight and could not have been more pleased. The hotel appears to be brand new with a welcoming lobby, very friendly employees (at the front desk and at the breakfast buffet) and just generally gives off a cool, hip vibe. The room was standard Residence Inn, although I was surprised at just how roomy my one-bedroom suite was. There is a well-equipped fitness center, shared with the Renaissance next door, as well as a tiny pool and gorgeous lanai.

The hotel is served by a shuttle to National Airport, which runs every 20 minutes, and also has a shuttle to the Crystal City Metro stop (also every 20 minutes I think). There's free wifi. There are a couple of places nearby to eat as well. The free breakfast is phenomenal (how many free hotel buffets offer Eggs Benedict?).

For those visiting NOVA, I could not recommend this hotel with more enthusiasm!

A hint: my friend who picked me up had a hard time finding this hotel using her GPS, I think this place is so new many don't know where it is so do some research before you go.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Not only do we appreciate that you wrote about your stay at the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, we are also thrilled that you are recommending our hotel to others. Thank you very much!
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Fairly modern, clean and quiet - a good night's rest. Staff seemed a bit more pleasant than normally found at business hotels - in a genuine way, as if they enjoyed woking there. Breakfast buffet of good quality & variety. Excellent fitness center (shared with adjacent Renaissance), much better than average and something that makes a big difference for me. Shuttles to the Metro & airport operate every 20 minutes.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
We know you have a choice when staying in Crystal City, so thank you very much for choosing the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View Hotel. There's no doubt about it, the fitness center is superb. Where else can you work out on the highest rated equipment while enjoying the view of the green roof through the large picture windows? Thank you for recommending us to other Trip Advisor users. It was a pleasure to serve you.
Dairyland, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

This place is great. Friendly employees, great service and location. Easy to the metro and city, and easier to the airport. Will certainly be back and would stay here for work or pleasure. While it was nice to have it be mostly adults, this property would be good if you were traveling with children too.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for the review and for your business. We appreciate it very much. I have to agree with you. The Residence Inn Arlington Capital View is a perfect fit for every guest. Whether you are traveling for business or vacationing with the family, it's all here at the Residence Inn. Come back soon. Our friendly staff will be here to welcome you.
No. California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Large room, efficient kitchen.
The Residence and Renaissance are side by side in this location. We were dropped off at the Renaissance by mistake by the van from the airport. The lobby is very fancy and futuristic. I wondered whether I had chosen wrong by going with the Residence, and not the Renaissance. That evening, while I was wandering, I inadvertently got into the Renaissance 'side' (through the gym that they share). The elevator took forever to arrive. It was jam packed, and when I got to the 7th floor, which was my floor in the Residence, the carpet was shabby, and I could hear partying from the elevator foyer.
I was really happy to retrace my steps back to my room on the Residence 'side'. Although the lobby is not ostentatious, my floor (7th) was clean and well cared for, and quiet. The wait for the elevator was minimal.
The staff is exceptional.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View Hotel for your stay. I apologize for the shuttle driver error upon your arrival at the hotel. Although the two hotels are located next to each other, the name of each hotel should be clarified with guests using the shuttle in order to provide a smooth check-in process.

While there are times when either or both hotels are housing a large number of guests, we are always striving to deliver the kind of service our Marriott guests have come to expect. We are very proud of our hotel and of our staff. We hope you will return for another visit.