“Fantastic Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Salt Lake City, UT
“Fantastic Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

My mom and I stayed here for a girls-only vacation last spring. It had recently opened and was absolutely beautiful. The staff were friendly, helpful and welcoming. The room was standard for a Residence Inn, but more than adequate. The hotel was very clean and the location was fantastic. Close to shopping, eating, and all the local attractions. The restaurants on sight were yummy with a cool vibe. I was not hesitate for a minute to recommend this hotel to people visiting Washington DC.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
We are pleased that you would recommend us to anyone visiting DC. We are close to all of the major attractions and only minutes away from the DCA airport. Keep us in mind for your next girls-only vacation. We'll be waiting for you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Night shift front desk staff are not expected to be extremely patient, kind & go out of the way to solve your problem if you have one or to check you inn in few moments with a big & welcoming smile. Ms. Grace at this hotel, did all of that to me and even more when she realized how tired I am she helped me with my bags which is never her job, Something went wrong with my reservation during check in, I was frustrated as I was extremely tired. To my surprise, this lady was graceful enough to sort this out for me smartly in less than 5 minutes. She called the reservation office without me noticing anything and asked me to just go to my room & relax. I will always return back & I do (stayed for more than 6 times). Also, I have to thank Mr. Reza, who checked me inn politely & nicely during the storm and when everybody in the hotel is super busy. Ms. Ch'ekat, Ms. Tiffany and all of you, Thank you guys!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your review. We will share your accolades with our team and we can't wait until you come back to see us again!
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stayed here overnight and could not have been more pleased. The hotel appears to be brand new with a welcoming lobby, very friendly employees (at the front desk and at the breakfast buffet) and just generally gives off a cool, hip vibe. The room was standard Residence Inn, although I was surprised at just how roomy my one-bedroom suite was. There is a well-equipped fitness center, shared with the Renaissance next door, as well as a tiny pool and gorgeous lanai.

The hotel is served by a shuttle to National Airport, which runs every 20 minutes, and also has a shuttle to the Crystal City Metro stop (also every 20 minutes I think). There's free wifi. There are a couple of places nearby to eat as well. The free breakfast is phenomenal (how many free hotel buffets offer Eggs Benedict?).

For those visiting NOVA, I could not recommend this hotel with more enthusiasm!

A hint: my friend who picked me up had a hard time finding this hotel using her GPS, I think this place is so new many don't know where it is so do some research before you go.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Not only do we appreciate that you wrote about your stay at the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, we are also thrilled that you are recommending our hotel to others. Thank you very much!
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Fairly modern, clean and quiet - a good night's rest. Staff seemed a bit more pleasant than normally found at business hotels - in a genuine way, as if they enjoyed woking there. Breakfast buffet of good quality & variety. Excellent fitness center (shared with adjacent Renaissance), much better than average and something that makes a big difference for me. Shuttles to the Metro & airport operate every 20 minutes.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
We know you have a choice when staying in Crystal City, so thank you very much for choosing the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View Hotel. There's no doubt about it, the fitness center is superb. Where else can you work out on the highest rated equipment while enjoying the view of the green roof through the large picture windows? Thank you for recommending us to other Trip Advisor users. It was a pleasure to serve you.
Dairyland, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

This place is great. Friendly employees, great service and location. Easy to the metro and city, and easier to the airport. Will certainly be back and would stay here for work or pleasure. While it was nice to have it be mostly adults, this property would be good if you were traveling with children too.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for the review and for your business. We appreciate it very much. I have to agree with you. The Residence Inn Arlington Capital View is a perfect fit for every guest. Whether you are traveling for business or vacationing with the family, it's all here at the Residence Inn. Come back soon. Our friendly staff will be here to welcome you.
No. California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Large room, efficient kitchen.
The Residence and Renaissance are side by side in this location. We were dropped off at the Renaissance by mistake by the van from the airport. The lobby is very fancy and futuristic. I wondered whether I had chosen wrong by going with the Residence, and not the Renaissance. That evening, while I was wandering, I inadvertently got into the Renaissance 'side' (through the gym that they share). The elevator took forever to arrive. It was jam packed, and when I got to the 7th floor, which was my floor in the Residence, the carpet was shabby, and I could hear partying from the elevator foyer.
I was really happy to retrace my steps back to my room on the Residence 'side'. Although the lobby is not ostentatious, my floor (7th) was clean and well cared for, and quiet. The wait for the elevator was minimal.
The staff is exceptional.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View Hotel for your stay. I apologize for the shuttle driver error upon your arrival at the hotel. Although the two hotels are located next to each other, the name of each hotel should be clarified with guests using the shuttle in order to provide a smooth check-in process.

While there are times when either or both hotels are housing a large number of guests, we are always striving to deliver the kind of service our Marriott guests have come to expect. We are very proud of our hotel and of our staff. We hope you will return for another visit.
Arlington, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I am a platinum elite Marriott member with well over 100 nights this year so far - I've been in every variety of Marriott brand, and many different hotels in the chain in the Washington DC area. I've even stayed immediately next door (well, same building even) at the Renaissance Capital View, and several other Residence Inns in the area over the past 6 months.

Walking into this hotel felt more like a best western, certainly at the reception area. The rooms are typical of a Residence (I am in a studio) - stocked kitchen, etc. One of the failures I often see in the lesser Residence Inns is a lack of trash baskets. Even in the studios, usually there are 3 - one in the rest room, one under the sink, and one by the desk. Not at this one - if you are working at the desk, you have to get up to dispose of trash. Seems silly, but live in one of these for a while -- it will get to you quickly.

Even though the hotels are attached, you need a separate key card for parking. The attached Renaissance uses the room key. Odd.

You are given a cheesy business card to show at breakfast and the evening reception, I've never seen this at a Residence Inn - I guess there are lots of people cruising the area looking for a free breakfast??

But what really deserves the lower rating is the stains on the sheets. Apparently housekeeping isn't really on the ball.. Stain on the carpet - ok, people spill things. Stain on the sofa - same. Stain on freshly laundered sheets? Maybe at Super 8 or Best Western -- this shouldn't happen at Marriott. How do they solve the problem? Send up new linens, but you have to change them yourself. Wow.

What else is overlooked in the cleanliness department?

Room Tip: Stay at the Renaissance next door. May seem like it would just be the same, but really, it's fa...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Let me begin by saying "thank you" for your patronage. As a Platinum Elite Marriott Rewards member, we value and appreciate your loyalty to the Marriott brand. I am dismayed to hear that your experience at the Residence Inn Capital View was underwhelming as this is not our goal. Our staff is comprised of caring members who strive to create a pleasurable stay for all of our guests. If there is ever a need for anything, we are here to help, whether it is for an extra trash bin or for fresh linens on the bed, our team is here for you and I sincerely apologize if you did not receive the level of service that was expected. The feedback you have shared will be addressed with the appropriate departments and we will diligently continue our efforts to become the landmark extended stay hotel in DC.

Been to Residence Inn Arlington Capital View? Share your experiences!