“Residence Inn Arlington was a very enjoyable stay” 5 of 5 stars

Save up to 15% off
Ranked #1 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Residence Inn Arlington was a very enjoyable stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

My family of three stayed at the Residence Inn-Arlington for 4 days while visiting the Washington, DC area. Every minute of our stay was wonderful. From the check-in process (the front desk staff couldn't have been more helpful) to the convenient in-facility Market, to the reliable shuttle service, to the room itself. The room was very functional with a king bed and pull out couch for our 6 year old. The full kitchen came in handy to heat up leftovers and have a bedtime snack. The complimentary breakfast was one of the best "free" breakfasts--the menu changed every morning but always included either bacon, sausage, or ham, some kind of potato, pancakes or french toast, a waffle maker, cereal, warm oatmeal, fruit, juices and soft drinks. The shuttle will drop you off at the restaurant center as well as the Crystal City metro stop. The drivers were always very nice and willing to make recommendations. The pool area was also a nice way to relax after a full day of walking around the city. The pool is a bit small (and is shared between the Renaissance and the Residence Inn) and there is no hot tub. But there is an outdoor sitting area that was a very nice touch. The lifeguards should enforce the rules a little more (children without adults should not be unsupervised, however this was the case on several occasions and the kids were so rowdy that my 6 year old was nervous to be in the pool at the same time with them). The lobby of this hotel was beautiful . All in all, I would highly recommend staying here and would definitely be a return customer if we visited DC again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
I am glad you chose Residence Inn Arlington Capital View for your stay and had a chance to explore some of the great amenities the hotel has to offer. Thank you for your suggestions regarding the supervision of young guests using the pool. We appreciate and value your input.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Naples
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Checkin was friendly, professional....and believe it or not....enthusiastic...I think the young man's name was A.J. The room (actually a mini suite) had every need met for a brief or extended stay. Everything was super clean and most comfortable. The free Wi-Fi was appreciated. The breakfast, also included in the rate, was exceptional...one could not ask for more. Every staff member with whom I came into contact had a smile and a greeting. Also, the shuttle service (airport and metro) was far better during this visit then previous visits to Marriott properties in this area. One issue.....it would be good to have at least one ice machine on the property. If one wants/needs ice upon arrival and does not want to wait until the ice-maker in the frige 'does its thing'....no Ice. I had to visit the front desk and the desk clerk had to go into the bowels of the hotel....I believe I heard that even that location was locked....so I waited and waited....bummer. That misstep aside, it was a great hotel experience!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking time out of your hectic day to commend our staff members for doing a great job. Your comments will be shared with them. Our vison at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View is to become the landmark extended stay hotel of Washington, DC. Excellent guest service will help us achieve this goal.
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

I was "upgraded" to this hotel (from their sister property) during my business trip in June 2012. My check-in was initially sketchy, as the hotel was not prepared for their sister property sending me over there (not a fault of the Residence Inn), but the manager was able to pull some magic and find me a room, even though they were entirely full for the weekend I was there. The staff is very friendly and helpful, hotel and rooms are clean and nice, and the free breakfast & wi-fi are nice bonuses! The only small complaint I have is the noise level (shrieking and door slamming) due to the hotel being overrun by girl scouts during my stay, but things quieted down during the overnight hours.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review and for highlighting some of the many perks associated with a stay at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View. We hope our friendly service has earned a repeated stay from you in the near future.
Edmond, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

We recently stayed there for five nights on vacation. The rooms are very nice with a living room open to the bedroom. Our son stayed on the sofa bed. We had a great view of the DCA airport and Washington DC (including the capital in the distance). Despite the proximity to the aiport, we never heard any of the airplanes. We could barely hear the train in front of the hotel, but it wasn't particularly bothersome. The lobby area was very upscale and the front desk staff was extremely nice and helpful. Breakfast was OK, but there were several things during the trip that were a bit of a challenge with 400 Girl Scouts in the hotel and 400,000 Girl Scouts in the Washington DC area. Fitness center was nice and shared with the Renaissance next door. The hotel van to the airport and metro was very convenient. Overall this hotel was an excellent choice for our vacation and met our needs perfectly.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View for your family's stay. While our hotel houses large groups from time to time, we will always strive to make each guest feel welcomed and create an atmosphere that is both relaxing and comfortable. Your review is appreciated.
Andalusia, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Paid $109/night. This hotel was almost new and very clean and up to date. When I reserved the room it showed free parking, but they were not aware of it when I checked in. I volenteered to pay, but it was not on my bill. Free breakfast was quite good. Only issue was it was about 10 blocks to the Metro stop, and the shuttle was full when we needed it.

Room Tip: I was told all rooms have one king bed and one fold out bed. Our room had a little kitchen area, I g...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your business. You will be happy to know that we are taking extra measures to monitor our occupancy rates more closely so that we can anticipate our guests need for the shuttle service during peak times of the day and adding an additional shuttle to transport guests to the Metro station.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Residence Inn – Washington DC
I stayed here for four nights in April. It is a typical Residence Inn for the longer term traveler with lots of amenities including a complete kitchen. The room was very clean and well attended each day. It was also very quiet even though it is directly across from the Metro tracks and Reagan Airport. I did not really hear them. There is a shuttle to take you to the airport and other places although it seemed to have great difficulty in picking us up. The front desk was quick and helpful. The hotel is connected to the Renaissance Hotel on the second floor which offers a great passage to the Hyatt across the street for conferences. The Renaissance also has a first floor restaurant called Socci which I cannot find in Trip Advisor.
I ate at this restaurant twice in April while attending a conference across the street. I am a critical eater, but I was very impressed by the offerings of this restaurant. They have a great Caesar salad and minestrone soup. I had chicken and fish and both were excellent. The service was very attentive except for the second night when I had trouble getting a bill. One worker noticed that my waiter was busy with a large group and handled getting my bill paid. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View Hotel. We appreciate your business and your review. I apologize for any delay caused by our shuttle service. We are reviewing the current procedures and are adopting new approaches to enable our guests to get to where they want to go in a timely manner. I also want to thank you for the positive review of our restaurant, SOCCi Urban Italian Kitchen + Bar. You can find other reviews for SOCCi on Trip Advisor listed under Socci at the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I went to DC on business and this was a great choice. I got a shuttle from the airport to the hotel. There was also a shuttle to the metro stop which was where our meetings were. They had a good breakfast and satisfactory dinner. It was very convenient for me because I wasn't feeling well and I didn't have to leave the hotel after I got back from my meetings. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room seemed to be nicer than some other Residence Inns I have stayed at.

Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View Hotel. I hope you are feeling better and are back to your normal routine. Your comments regarding our staff are appreciated and will be shared with them. We want everyone to know that friendly service and comfortable rooms are what our guests can expect when they stay with us. Thank you for your review.

Been to Residence Inn Arlington Capital View? Share your experiences!