“A nice new hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“A nice new hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Residence Inn – Washington DC
I stayed here for four nights in April. It is a typical Residence Inn for the longer term traveler with lots of amenities including a complete kitchen. The room was very clean and well attended each day. It was also very quiet even though it is directly across from the Metro tracks and Reagan Airport. I did not really hear them. There is a shuttle to take you to the airport and other places although it seemed to have great difficulty in picking us up. The front desk was quick and helpful. The hotel is connected to the Renaissance Hotel on the second floor which offers a great passage to the Hyatt across the street for conferences. The Renaissance also has a first floor restaurant called Socci which I cannot find in Trip Advisor.
I ate at this restaurant twice in April while attending a conference across the street. I am a critical eater, but I was very impressed by the offerings of this restaurant. They have a great Caesar salad and minestrone soup. I had chicken and fish and both were excellent. The service was very attentive except for the second night when I had trouble getting a bill. One worker noticed that my waiter was busy with a large group and handled getting my bill paid. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View Hotel. We appreciate your business and your review. I apologize for any delay caused by our shuttle service. We are reviewing the current procedures and are adopting new approaches to enable our guests to get to where they want to go in a timely manner. I also want to thank you for the positive review of our restaurant, SOCCi Urban Italian Kitchen + Bar. You can find other reviews for SOCCi on Trip Advisor listed under Socci at the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel.

314 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I went to DC on business and this was a great choice. I got a shuttle from the airport to the hotel. There was also a shuttle to the metro stop which was where our meetings were. They had a good breakfast and satisfactory dinner. It was very convenient for me because I wasn't feeling well and I didn't have to leave the hotel after I got back from my meetings. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room seemed to be nicer than some other Residence Inns I have stayed at.

Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View Hotel. I hope you are feeling better and are back to your normal routine. Your comments regarding our staff are appreciated and will be shared with them. We want everyone to know that friendly service and comfortable rooms are what our guests can expect when they stay with us. Thank you for your review.
Triad, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

A new location (less than 1 year old), so the crispness and newness is evident. My room was assesible prior to the check-in ttime. Also, I know there there is commercial and passenger rail service passing by, so don't be afraid to request a room away from the rail lines. My request was graciously accomodated.

The room is open, bright and clean!!!! And I like clean.

Of course, Residence Inns provide a breakfast and evening food service. If you're traveling with familes, this could save you a ton. The food is okay and typical for Residence Inn.

My rating of 4 reflects the quality of the food, which I consider part of the nightly lodging cost. Without the food, perhaps a 5. A bit pricey for this location, but cleanliness and newness deserve a premium in this case.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the commercial and passenger rail lines.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Although we are the new kid on the block in Crystal City as far as new hotels go (we celebrated our first anniversary in March), we are dedicated to maintaining that fresh, crisp, clean feeling that comes with a new hotel, for many years to come. Thank you for giving us a high rating and for submitting a review of the hotel to Trip Advisor.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

My family and I prefer the Marriott chain and we were not dissapointed with this property. The location is great and the staff was very helpful. They offer shuttle service to metro station-even though we normally walked back from metro station to stop at eateries along Crystal City Dr. Hubby & kids enjoyed the full breakfast bar.

• Stayed June 2012
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Thank you for your loyalty to the Marriott brand. We appreciate your business and also the time you took to submit a review of our hotel. We hope that we will become a favorite stop whenever you are in the area.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

It is nice and new. The usual Residence Inn model. Only down side is parking is 22 and dinner is only Monday through Wednesaday.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View for your stay. We hope you'll come back and visit us again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

We are in DC this weekend with 200k other Girl Scouts for the 100th Anniversary celebration. Our town's GS leaders chose this hotel and negotiated a great group rate. Considering how busy this weekend was, we are all quite happy with how things went here at our home base! Rooms are scrupulously clean, spacious, and equipped with full kitchens. Staff is very helpful and pleasant without exception. Shuttle service to the Metro stop is dependable and pleasant. Restaurant was excellent for dinner, and the buffet breakfast is pretty good (for a buffet breakfast!) Could not be happier, and would absolutely return to this hotel next time we visit!

• Stayed June 2012
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Dear JoanneS98,

Thank you for the positive review of the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View Hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and we were honored that your group chose our hotel as part of the celebration experience. Our team is constantly striving to provide the kind of service you would expect from a Marriott property, and it would seem by your comments, that we are succeeding. We look forward to your next visit!
Vlaardingen, netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

Checking in went well we where on the top floor (14). The room had a full kitchen and separate living room. Room was large, clean and comfortable. Wifi was free and fast. Breakfast was included also. Self parking was $ 22,00 per day.

Hotel is not in the heart of crystal city and it restaurants but a free bus shuttle service was provided by the hotel. It also takes you to the closest subway ( metro ) station. Which we think is the easiest way around DC. For under 10 dollar you can
use the subway unlimited for one day.

Hotel staff was friendly overall but couldn't handle a almost fully booked hotel with girl scouts. Breakfast was packed, supplies of cups, orange jus and donuts was low or out on both days.

We had to wait 15 to 20 minutes to use one of the only 3 elevators in the hotel because of a line with people.
Usage of stairs was not allowed, they tried getting security to release the service elevator but didn't succeed.

While waiting in line I asked the front desk if the breakfast was going to be as hectic as this morning tomorrow, I was told that most of the scouts would be out to the mall before 7 so it should be ok.

Unfortunalty that wasn't the case, seating was packed again and supply of food and cups was even lower then the day before. We didn't even trie the hot breakfast because of the line.

We found a somewhat more quiet place in the hotel lobby to eat. During our breakfast they opened up a extra room for breakfast that helped in part but there where clearly to little staff to keeping the stock up.

On checking out I was asked how the stay was I told that the room was great but breakfast and elevator lines weren't.
He clearly wasn't expected it and just said sorry.

All in all great rooms at a good price not a lot in walking distance but once at the subway station you got Washington in reach.

Might we ever return to dc we again will consider this hotel. We do hope they will be better prepared if there's a large crowd in the hotel. The hectic reception area and breakfast room really was a downer for us.

Dear mafootje,

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View for your stay. We appreciate the compliments you gave us on our rooms and free shuttle service. I can also understand the frustration you shared in your review regarding the service at breakfast time when so many guests arrived at the same time. We want all of our guests to be able to start their day off right with a good breakfast and we are taking measures to ensure that adequate food and beverages, supplies, space, and staff is readily available at all times--even when we have a full house.

Been to Residence Inn Arlington Capital View? Share your experiences!