“excellent value” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Bournemouth UK
“excellent value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights with the family. very modern and clean. spacious rooms wit good service.
Good location for bike rental. Reccomend to anyone.

Room Tip: all rooms seem good
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

We spent 4 nights at this hotel and were very pleased. From the front desk staff , to the housekeeping staff, to the shuttle drivers and the food service personnel, all were super friendly and helpful.
The rate we got at Marriottt.com was super low; this is especially true for a room with a kitchenette. The hotel is not in a "tourist" area but the hotel has frequent free shuttles to and from the airport and the Metro stop. From the Metro stop you can get around DC easily. Near the hotel, which is in the Crystal City area, are other hotels and an enclosed mall with businesses, botique shops and restaurants. There are also numerous other restaurants nearby. Also nearby is a multiuse trail along the Potomac river. You could walk to the trail entrance or the shuttle stops near that entrance. On Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evenings the hotel provides a free light meal and include beer or wine with that. A very large free breakfast is provided daily. This hotel connects to the Renissance Hotel. It has it's own restaurant. The two hotels share the fitness center and a small swimming pool.

Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

We love to travel with our 5 year old, but we enjoy hotel stays where we have some space to lounge, and separate bedrooms so it isn't lights out @ 8 for my husband and I. The room was great; clean and spacious. Like every Resodence Inn we have stayed at, they offer a nice buffet breakfast with hot and cold items. They keep the buffet well stocked and it is included with the price of the room. Speaking of price, it is very reasonable on the weekends, and is about a ten minute Metro ride from the heart of D.C.

We will definitely go back.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Park City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I'm a very frequent business traveler and stay at one Marriott brand or another nearly every week throughout the year. I don't frequent many Residence Inns (many are old and in need of renovation), but the rate I got at this hotel was too good to beat so I took a chance. I'm glad I did!

This hotel is brand new, well planned and perfectly located for business or vacation in the DC area. And did I mention its proximity to DCA? The Crystal City area features a multitude of dining and shopping options, and the Crystal City Metro is a quick 10-12 minute walk from the hotel. Don't want to walk? No problem! The hotel has its own shuttle to take you to DCA or the Metro, and they even have a great mobile web site so that you can track the current position of the shuttle and its ETA in real time! There's also a Capitol Bike Share station just a block or so away if you'd like to use the nearby trail system to get to Alexandria or (if you're feeling adventurous) Mount Vernon.

Our room was spacious, clean and well-appointed. My wife and I were very comfortable in the bed and our 15-year-old daughter gave good marks to the pull-out sofa bed. There were lots of hot and cold choices for breakfast (including turkey bacon/sausage for those who don't eat pork) and the coffee was pretty good too.

My only complaint is the price of parking, but with real estate at a premium and much higher parking prices in downtown DC, this is a minor issue.

I will definitely say here again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Boston area
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

Stayed here during a weekend in late March. I have to say that hotel is indeed nice and new, with lovely furnishings and comfortable rooms. Service, however, was hit or miss. Arrived late on a Saturday night and the guy checking us in was somewhat indifferent, not rude, but just not very welcoming. He also was not at all knowledgable about the area and didn't realize that Metro operated until 3 a.m. on weekends. He called for a taxi that never showed up so we just walked to Crystal City Metro station about a mile away. Also was not told that hotel automatically charges an additional 20.00 for incidentals per night per room. This really made me mad as I was not informed of this beforehand. Granted it did not appear on my bill, but did show up as pending on my credit card statement. Happy to say that hotel did make amends with extra reward points. They also promised to do a better job in training their guest services staff. If not for the service issues, this hotel would be five stars.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks National Airport and the Capitol, nice views.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Cohoes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

Just returned from a weekend trip to DC and stayed at this hotel - it was great ! Rooms were excellent, location was great - the neighborhood is perfect - 10 mins by subway to DC ( you do have to take a shuttle to the Crystal City subway stop or walk 15 mins or so to get to it). Best part of the hotel was the staff - they really set the place apart. From the moment we arrived we were treated so well! It was my husband's birthday so AJ ( the manager) upgraded us to a suite with a beautiful view of the airport & the city. All of the staff were friendly, helpful and always smiling. Only downside - parking lot is SMALL. Both nights we stayed, we took our car out at night and came back to a full lot. Decided to talk to the front desk and - problem solved. Literally, AJ - the manager - left the desk and went to the garage to find us ( and others) a spot. Can't say enough about how helpful he was. Will definitely stay again - love the DC area.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

We stayed over Easter weekend, and I booked this hotel because it was only $89/night. There are so many things we liked about this hotel - very quiet, comfortable size for 2 people, shuttle service to the metro, Crystal City neighborhood.

We were worried about the distance from the metro, but it's a leisurely 15 minute walk or a 10 minute shuttle ride (picking up people at the neighboring hotel). There are some good restaurants in the Crystal City Shops area, but we preferred to walk to Harris Teeter, which is a half-mile away on Glebe Rd (just follow the paved path along Jefferson David Hwy, and enter through the parking garage). We found it was a lot cheaper to eat meals from their deli and pick up breakfast items, especially since the hotel rooms have a fridge.

My husband and I both thought the bed and pillows were very comfortable. The curtains were good at light blocking, but I did kind of miss my blackout curtains at home. This is minor, but I love the complimentary Aveda bath products. I would not have brought my own shampoo & conditioner, if I had known.

I would definitely book this hotel again for a visit to DC!

Room Tip: We had a corner room, which had two walls of windows with lots of light. We heard no hallway noise...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn Arlington Capital View? Share your experiences!