“Great Hotel! Will absolutely stay again.” 5 of 5 stars

Free Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 48 hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great Hotel! Will absolutely stay again.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

This property is perfect for being close to Washington, but not spending a fortune on a place to sleep and park your car. Parking was ample and easily accessible with elevator to lobby. Our room was a city view studio with king bed. Plenty of room for a couple. Room was extremely clean. Staff is very friendly and helpful with information about getting around the DC area. The breakfast is more than cereal and yogurt. It is hot food prepared in a full service kitchen. The staff keeps the buffet clean and very well stocked. And it's free! We felt like the breakfast made up for the cost of parking a day which was $22. This location is new and connected to a new Renaissance Hotel. You have the convenience of a fabulous gym and a very nice restaurant without going outside. This came in handy during our stay because of weather due to Hurricane Irene that passed close to DC. Location is closest to Crystal City Metro and the hotel runs a shuttle every 20 minutes. Pick-up from metro is the only complaint. It doesn't run regularly for pick-up. If you don't mind walking it's a 15 minute walk. Very nice area to walk or run. Overall it is a great place to stay for work or vacation. The whole staff from managers to housekeeping is the best. We will be back!!!

Room Tip: City View overlooks Reagan Airport and Potomac. Never hear any planes though. Loved the views!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

274 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

So I travel alot for work to the DC area. I always stay at Residence Inn's because I like to keep life as normal as possible and having my regular food and workout options keeps me less stressed. This facility is back-to-back with the Marriott Renaissance Inn and shares a very large fitness center, complete with a pool. The staff are very friendly, the managers are very attentive. I usually stay the 3rd week of every month at the Residence Inn in Alexandria (Carlyle) which I LOVE!! However, this new facility partners on some fitness options with the Renaissance - including the use of bikes from the hotel bike stable. I had the best bike ride along the Potomac! It was great! Quite a nice way to finish a day after being in a meeting room all day!! Jeremy (Residence Inn) and Kate (Renaissance Inn), you all have got it together! David at the R.I. front desk was able to get me an early check-in so I didn't have to do a conference call from my car. Overall, a great experience!! Keep it up you guys! I just switched my reservation for next week over to your hotel (sorry Meagan and Myra!! You guys need to get some bikes!!).

Room Tip: Residence Inn...more for biz travellers. Renaissance Inn...more for families.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

The hotel is less than a year old. Rooms are outfitted very nicely. Full kitchen includes dishwasher, a countertop cooking surface and a full fridge.
The morning breakfast buffet is several notches above many hotels offering something similar. The evening receptions (only Mon-Wed) have real food, not just defrosted appetizers from Sam's Club , and free beer and wine.
The down side to this property for me is its location, especially if you don't have your own transportation. They have a shuttle to Crystal city Metro station every 20 mins. There are no other decent restaurants within a comfortable walking distance. There is a shopping center with a supermarket but it's about a 15-20 minute walk to the South across a bridge.
This wouldn't be a hotel I would recommend as a base for tourists visiting D.C. but would be a good choice if the rates were right for a stopover going to or from DCA airport.

Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Aberdeen, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

I had a wonderful hotel expereince, after the first hour.

It was confusing to park (shared parking with other hotels), but plenty of space (but too expensive.)

Checkin was easy and I had a nice room on the top floor. Room was well designed, although smaller than other cities (but good for DC.) Breakfast was good and dinner was provided on Mon/Tue/Wed.

Gym was good with plenty of treadmills. Pool looked small and no hot tub.

If I cannot find a hotel closer to the pentagon, I would stay here (except in the winter.)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Alabaster, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

Everything was great at this new Residence Inn. The staff was friendly, towels were soft and the bed was comfortable. The shuttle runs back and forth to the Metro stop every 20 minutes but you might have to wait longer if there are enough people ahead of you to fill it up. I was totally surprised to see a lifeguard on duty at the pool and the fitness center was very nice. The breakfast was similar to what you might see at a restaurant's breakfast buffet - hot items, waffle makers, oatmeal and great muffins. You can park in the underground garage for a fee or take your chances in a parking lot of unknown ownership across the street. Our room was perfectly quiet, didn't hear anyone ever. I definitely recommend a stay here.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Philomont, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

We stayed at the Residence rather than the Renaissance. We prefer the larger space and the kitchen facilities ... not that we cook but it's nice to have a microwave, a frig, utensils, etc. for that late night snack or breakfast in the morning. There is a breakfast buffet included with the room. The room was great, everything was working just fine, bed comfortable. Every single staff person we met was friendly and very helpful. We stayed the night before the DC Triathlon and I needed a black waterproof marker to redo my numbering. The front desk gladly found for me and gave it to me, telling me to just bring it back in the morning! Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Southwestern Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

We were immediately welcomed with the news that our room had been upgraded to a room with a view and what a view it was. It was on the top floor overlooking Reagan National Airport and the Potomic River. Even with the Metro, Train, and Airport so close we couldn't hear any of the noise. It was very quiet. We could also see the Capital Building from our room. The hotel and room were in immaculate condition... very clean and very comfortable. It's a little difficult to find but then again, we're not accustomed to navigating busy city streets. The area was well lit and seemed very safe and secure. The free shuttle service to the metro station was a life saver because it would have been quite a trek to the Crystal City Metro. The shuttle drivers were also very helpful in their suggestions for navigating the Metro and the museums. We took advantage of the free breakfast and the free dinner of the evenings and the food was very good. Not a lot of variety for dinner, but it was tasty and free! The staff was friendly and accomidating. We were very pleased with our Washington DC experience and a big part of that was our wonderful hotel! The only two downsides are the very noisy elevator (irritating beeping sound at every floor) and the hotel pool is very small. We would definately stay there again and plan to when we take family to DC next spring.

Room Tip: $110 per night for 3 nights via priceline.com
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn Arlington Capital View? Share your experiences!