“Many Nice Features But Isolated” 4 of 5 stars

Free Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 47 hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Many Nice Features But Isolated”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

The hotel is less than a year old. Rooms are outfitted very nicely. Full kitchen includes dishwasher, a countertop cooking surface and a full fridge.
The morning breakfast buffet is several notches above many hotels offering something similar. The evening receptions (only Mon-Wed) have real food, not just defrosted appetizers from Sam's Club , and free beer and wine.
The down side to this property for me is its location, especially if you don't have your own transportation. They have a shuttle to Crystal city Metro station every 20 mins. There are no other decent restaurants within a comfortable walking distance. There is a shopping center with a supermarket but it's about a 15-20 minute walk to the South across a bridge.
This wouldn't be a hotel I would recommend as a base for tourists visiting D.C. but would be a good choice if the rates were right for a stopover going to or from DCA airport.

Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

320 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Aberdeen, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

I had a wonderful hotel expereince, after the first hour.

It was confusing to park (shared parking with other hotels), but plenty of space (but too expensive.)

Checkin was easy and I had a nice room on the top floor. Room was well designed, although smaller than other cities (but good for DC.) Breakfast was good and dinner was provided on Mon/Tue/Wed.

Gym was good with plenty of treadmills. Pool looked small and no hot tub.

If I cannot find a hotel closer to the pentagon, I would stay here (except in the winter.)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Alabaster, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

Everything was great at this new Residence Inn. The staff was friendly, towels were soft and the bed was comfortable. The shuttle runs back and forth to the Metro stop every 20 minutes but you might have to wait longer if there are enough people ahead of you to fill it up. I was totally surprised to see a lifeguard on duty at the pool and the fitness center was very nice. The breakfast was similar to what you might see at a restaurant's breakfast buffet - hot items, waffle makers, oatmeal and great muffins. You can park in the underground garage for a fee or take your chances in a parking lot of unknown ownership across the street. Our room was perfectly quiet, didn't hear anyone ever. I definitely recommend a stay here.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Philomont, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

We stayed at the Residence rather than the Renaissance. We prefer the larger space and the kitchen facilities ... not that we cook but it's nice to have a microwave, a frig, utensils, etc. for that late night snack or breakfast in the morning. There is a breakfast buffet included with the room. The room was great, everything was working just fine, bed comfortable. Every single staff person we met was friendly and very helpful. We stayed the night before the DC Triathlon and I needed a black waterproof marker to redo my numbering. The front desk gladly found for me and gave it to me, telling me to just bring it back in the morning! Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Southwestern Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

We were immediately welcomed with the news that our room had been upgraded to a room with a view and what a view it was. It was on the top floor overlooking Reagan National Airport and the Potomic River. Even with the Metro, Train, and Airport so close we couldn't hear any of the noise. It was very quiet. We could also see the Capital Building from our room. The hotel and room were in immaculate condition... very clean and very comfortable. It's a little difficult to find but then again, we're not accustomed to navigating busy city streets. The area was well lit and seemed very safe and secure. The free shuttle service to the metro station was a life saver because it would have been quite a trek to the Crystal City Metro. The shuttle drivers were also very helpful in their suggestions for navigating the Metro and the museums. We took advantage of the free breakfast and the free dinner of the evenings and the food was very good. Not a lot of variety for dinner, but it was tasty and free! The staff was friendly and accomidating. We were very pleased with our Washington DC experience and a big part of that was our wonderful hotel! The only two downsides are the very noisy elevator (irritating beeping sound at every floor) and the hotel pool is very small. We would definately stay there again and plan to when we take family to DC next spring.

Room Tip: $110 per night for 3 nights via priceline.com
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

Great Hotel - I stayed here for work the last week of June. The hotel is new so everything was very modern, clean, and neat. Upon arrival, the staff was very friendly and helpful. My room was very clean and I had a great view of the Reagan airport (my son loved watching the planes) and river from my eleventh floor window. I chose the one bedroom suite because the bedroom has a door. My family joined me midweek and this made it nice for the kids to sleep in the other room. The breakfast was good, they had at least 4 hot items each day as well as fruits, cereals and bread items. In addition they also have a dinner (not just snacks) Mon-Wed. I only got to take advantage of it one night, but it was very good. It included a main dish, vegetable, salad, and small desert. Drinks were also included. The hotel is in a nice area on the south end of Crystal City. It's two blocks to Harris Teeter (grocery) if you want a snack or want to take advantage of the full kitchen and cook a meal in your room. There is also a larger shopping center about 2 minutes (driving) south on US1 in Alexandria. There is a Target, TJ Max, Staples and many other stores there. I had to go to training in downtown DC all week. The first three days I drove in - it took me about 15-20 minutes to get to Vermont & L street. The last two days I took the metro, which might have taken a little longer, but at least I didn't have to park downtown. The hotel provides a free shuttle to the Crystal City metro stop every 15-20 minutes, so that worked well. Also included is free wired and wireless interent - both worked well during my stay. Hotel garage parking is $22 for overnight, which I found to be typical for most hotels in the area. I am very please with my stay at this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011 via mobile

Had my wedding reception here which was better than expected. Stayed in a suite for two nights and had numerous family stay in general rooms. Spacious , great service, and excellent staff. I couldn't recommend enough.

• Stayed June 2011

Been to Residence Inn Arlington Capital View? Share your experiences!