“Great hotel and convenient to DC” 5 of 5 stars

Free Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 47 hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Philomont, Virginia
“Great hotel and convenient to DC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

We stayed at the Residence rather than the Renaissance. We prefer the larger space and the kitchen facilities ... not that we cook but it's nice to have a microwave, a frig, utensils, etc. for that late night snack or breakfast in the morning. There is a breakfast buffet included with the room. The room was great, everything was working just fine, bed comfortable. Every single staff person we met was friendly and very helpful. We stayed the night before the DC Triathlon and I needed a black waterproof marker to redo my numbering. The front desk gladly found for me and gave it to me, telling me to just bring it back in the morning! Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

320 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Southwestern Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

We were immediately welcomed with the news that our room had been upgraded to a room with a view and what a view it was. It was on the top floor overlooking Reagan National Airport and the Potomic River. Even with the Metro, Train, and Airport so close we couldn't hear any of the noise. It was very quiet. We could also see the Capital Building from our room. The hotel and room were in immaculate condition... very clean and very comfortable. It's a little difficult to find but then again, we're not accustomed to navigating busy city streets. The area was well lit and seemed very safe and secure. The free shuttle service to the metro station was a life saver because it would have been quite a trek to the Crystal City Metro. The shuttle drivers were also very helpful in their suggestions for navigating the Metro and the museums. We took advantage of the free breakfast and the free dinner of the evenings and the food was very good. Not a lot of variety for dinner, but it was tasty and free! The staff was friendly and accomidating. We were very pleased with our Washington DC experience and a big part of that was our wonderful hotel! The only two downsides are the very noisy elevator (irritating beeping sound at every floor) and the hotel pool is very small. We would definately stay there again and plan to when we take family to DC next spring.

Room Tip: $110 per night for 3 nights via priceline.com
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

Great Hotel - I stayed here for work the last week of June. The hotel is new so everything was very modern, clean, and neat. Upon arrival, the staff was very friendly and helpful. My room was very clean and I had a great view of the Reagan airport (my son loved watching the planes) and river from my eleventh floor window. I chose the one bedroom suite because the bedroom has a door. My family joined me midweek and this made it nice for the kids to sleep in the other room. The breakfast was good, they had at least 4 hot items each day as well as fruits, cereals and bread items. In addition they also have a dinner (not just snacks) Mon-Wed. I only got to take advantage of it one night, but it was very good. It included a main dish, vegetable, salad, and small desert. Drinks were also included. The hotel is in a nice area on the south end of Crystal City. It's two blocks to Harris Teeter (grocery) if you want a snack or want to take advantage of the full kitchen and cook a meal in your room. There is also a larger shopping center about 2 minutes (driving) south on US1 in Alexandria. There is a Target, TJ Max, Staples and many other stores there. I had to go to training in downtown DC all week. The first three days I drove in - it took me about 15-20 minutes to get to Vermont & L street. The last two days I took the metro, which might have taken a little longer, but at least I didn't have to park downtown. The hotel provides a free shuttle to the Crystal City metro stop every 15-20 minutes, so that worked well. Also included is free wired and wireless interent - both worked well during my stay. Hotel garage parking is $22 for overnight, which I found to be typical for most hotels in the area. I am very please with my stay at this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011 via mobile

Had my wedding reception here which was better than expected. Stayed in a suite for two nights and had numerous family stay in general rooms. Spacious , great service, and excellent staff. I couldn't recommend enough.

• Stayed June 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

Great new hotel, but a lot of new issues to work out. Phones did not work, the buffet was not very organized, the pool is way to small for 2 hotels, the hotel needs a lot more signs especially in the parking garage and outside the main door of the hotel lobby. The parking should have been about $10 for the location. The hotel staff was not prompt to hadle request. This will be a great place to stay when the hotel works out all the new issues. The building is impressive.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

This is a beauitful hotel. From the minute you entered you are greeted by some awesome team members. Jeremy and Emilia part of the management team just a delight. This hotel is clean great location they shuttle you to the airport and the metro a big plus. Everyone
is so friendly, courteous, and willing to assist. Continue to provide GRACIOUS SERVICE.
Warm Regards,
Angela Boca Raton Florida

Room Tip: Just ask the Front Desk Team
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

Stayed here for a long weekend with my wife and young son. Hotel is very nice - it's new and has several amenities. Our room was clean and spacious with everything we needed. The hotel is connected to the renessaince hotel and shares the pool and fitness center. The pool was small and indoor only, but we enjoyed it. A huge plus was the free buffet breakfast every morning. It provided enough to get us started with hot food, coffee and waffles.

Despite all the positives, there were a few things I was disappointed with. First, in our room , some of the carpet tacks at the edge of the carpet could but felt if walking barefoot. Unfortunately I forgot to complain to the front desk, so I'll have to call them about it. Not sure if it was just our room or if the contractor they hired to build the rooms out were sloppy. Either way, this was annoying.

The other disappointment was the cost of daily parking ($22). I knew about it going in, but I think it's a little excessive. I understand if it was deeper in the city with less room for a parking lot but this was a remote area that you had to park at. There was also barely any street parking as an alternative. At least there were in and out privileges.

Overall, the nightly rate was good and I was a happy with the location. Wish the parking fee didn't make my stay more expensive but I can live with it.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Arlington Capital View? Share your experiences!