“I hate to say it. BUT THIS IS A HUGE WASTE OF MONEY!” 1 of 5 stars

888-471-4802
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Audience member solve a comedy murder mystery while enjoying a four course dinner. The dinner is served by a zany cast of suspects who all the while are providing clues to help solve the evening's crime. You guess whodunit!
Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“I hate to say it. BUT THIS IS A HUGE WASTE OF MONEY!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

It was so horrible. THAT It was funny. LOL!!! Like Im laughing now to prevent myself from being upset. Where do I begin?.
So I come to the location to find that its inside of the Marriott Courtyard Crystal City. I wonder why they left the Sheraton.. maybe they kicked them out. As soon as I found that it was in a rented space in a meeting room of the hotel and saw that the actors looked like those dorky kids you may have went to school with I was like oooohhh noooooooooooo's!!! I decided to bring my father there for Fathers day and remained quiet about my thoughts of how the play was going to be because I didnt want to spoil things I wanted to give it a chance and not be negative eventhough my gut feeling was that this is not going to go well. So we received our tickets and was shown to the small meeting room fit for about 80 people but with tables its really small. OMG there was no stage!!! I was like I've been Bamboozled! I PAID 60 BUCKS times 2. FOR THIS! I was so done! 120 dollars... by the way one of the actors showed us to our table speaking Jibber rish.and ohhka bookah cave man noises ohhh kaa bookah...THEN SAID "PEPSI PRODUCTS!!" Im like what in the hell! Im pretty openminded but I was expecting more than some elementary school antics. We sat and the show started and it quickly became a confusing odd plot and just really seemed like something for kids..small kids. The humor was very elementary. They passed food in between acts that was hurried and awkward. The food was passable but nothing spectacular at all. The audience was a part of the show but it just didnt make since how we related to the story and ...I mean I dont understand. There were no clues from the actors. There was not much of any intriguing mystery. The acting was horrid except for Ivanna. She seemed pretty good. The accents were pretty good. But again the plot and delivery and lack of a stage..lighting and props made this to be something some waiters put together. I mean it was in a MEETING ROOM of a average hotel. LOL. Im upset that the web page made it seem like it was something very professional but it's really not. The actors were nice and they tried. I had fun with the people sitting with us and the table and I made the best of it. But I really wanted to go by the time they served me my salad. So sad. It was painful to watch. There are some real laughs in there. It was just twice. I just smiled for the rest of the time. I didnt want the actors to lose energy by seeing my face full of discontent. So if you want something quirky to do.. Get boozed up first and go. Then you will have more fun because you will not take it so seriously. I know it was a comical mystery but its just needs to be smarter and better developed and a better script a stage and some lighting. By the way the meeting room is below the pool of the hotel so you will hear thundering noises. I could go on but I think you may have the picture by now. WOW. LOL! Its been a long time since I have experienced something like this. The actors did try hard and were very nice. So thats the nicest thing I can say. My father was very displeased kinda was a downer to an other wise great day. The up side is that he had fun with other theater goers at our table. If you like dinner theater. Try TOBYS Dinner theater. In columbia maryland and they also have a few other locations. Tobys was very professional and entertaining and it has its own venue. The price I spent for that was similar to this so that was the level of expectation that I had.

Visited June 2013

Leesburg, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Needs major overhall”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We've attended many dinner theaters (in another state). Those never had the acting troop waiting tables. This, and the quality of the play, leads me to believe that this is not an acting troop, but a wait staff required to also entertain. This lacked clues and even the play itself, that matched the plot. Food passable. Staff friendly.

I also feel it incumbent to add that prior to the show, my husband and I purchased drinks at the bar outside the restaurant. The alcohol selection was very poor and the prices rather high. $12 for a beer and cocktail. The bartenders were the same serving alcohol for purchase for the dinner play. The offerings on the bar menu was even more limited, although they did agree to make a Manhattan for a gentleman at our table. I ordered one, and my husband another beer, to be charged $12.54 for the Manhattan (served in a small cocktail glass with lots of ice).

This was a gift, given with wonderful intent and appreciated for the intention; however, this is not a place we'll ever return to.

Incidentally, they also ran about 30 minutes behind scheduled for the advertised times, thus, admitting patrons, beginning the play, and serving dinner.

Visited February 2013
Falls Church, Virginia
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“The venue is pretty disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Such a great idea and lots of fun. Their only downfall is the venue which is in what appears to be a meeting room with tables set up for dinner. Good food, fun atmosphere.

Visited July 2012
Piscataway, New Jersey
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“Fun way to spend an evening”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

The entire family laughed throughout the entire show; and we correctly guessed " who dun-nit." My 8 year old is asking to go to more dinner mystery shows now. The food is satisfactory, could have been better for the price.

Visited May 2012
Bellmore, New York
75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 110 helpful votes
“Terrible customer relations and no show!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

They cancelled our tickets just 5 hours before show time. Said they did not have enough patrons! Very poor customer relationms after traveling 300 miles. Be careful!

Visited March 2012