“Terrible customer relations and no show!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 21 Activities in Arlington
Type: Dinner Theaters, Performances
More attraction details
Owner description: Audience member solve a comedy murder mystery while enjoying a four course dinner. The dinner is served by a zany cast of suspects who all the while are providing clues to help solve the evening's crime. You guess whodunit!
Bellmore, New York
40 attraction reviews
“Terrible customer relations and no show!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

They cancelled our tickets just 5 hours before show time. Said they did not have enough patrons! Very poor customer relationms after traveling 300 miles. Be careful!

Visited March 2012

Washington DC, District of Columbia
167 attraction reviews
“Avoid wasting your money!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

It was a few years ago we went to this, so maybe it's upgraded by now, but it's put me off dinner-theater forever. Very mediocre food served hurriedly and then a comedy act where they make fun of the audience and then I can't remember what the play was it was so intolerable.

Crofton, Maryland
“A different kind of fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

I thought this sounded different and fun so I made sure to check reviews and thought it was a good choice.

I was cautiously optimistic based on some of the reviews, but we did have a good time and laughed quite a bit. It was fun and different - just as I thought it might be. The food was not 5-star restaurant quality but was better than Applebees.
The soup and salad were good, the salmon was a little salty for me but good, the rice and veggies were tasty and the cheesecake was your standard (its hard to mess up cheesecake). Let's just say I didn't leave hungry! As for the show it wasn't clear if the clues you're receiving are to help you weed out "who done it" or to help you figure it out, or if its referring to a different person each time or not...which made it a little confusing. The actors were pretty good - no Broadway material, but you have to keep the venue in mind. They were mostly funny, and improvised well when needed. The old ladies at our table made it very difficult to hear every once in a while so we missed of the "important" info. At the end I thought the plot was kinda cheesy, but whatever...isn't that the point?!

If you're looking for a different and fun evening out with a significant other or some friends I would recommend this. Remember to park on the street and walk over - the garage was closed for us, but I've heard others say it was expensive.

Visited November 2011
Reston, Virginia
“Fun way to spend a Friday night!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

As the last minute we decided to try out the mystery dinner and are we glad we did attend! While the setting seemed a bit odd using a closed restuarant, it actually ended up being and ideal setting due to the scene changes. We were sat at rounds of 8 with other couples which was part of the entertainment to me! Always fun getting to know other couples. The event began just after we sat down and the best part is the servers are the actors and the whole play revolves around dinner and the environment. Just a really, really clever way of using the audience! The food and wine were actually quite good. I had assumed it would be bad food, but my salmon was really good and my husband's chicked was as well. Over all it really was a fun way to spend a Friday night!

Visited August 2011
Alexandria, Virginia
“Laughed my -- off. Best fun ever!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

My girlfriends and I go out every 3-4 months just to get away from our daily responsibilities and to have a good time. We are an ethnically diverse group of single, divorced, and married ladies ranging in age from 25-75. On September 10, 2011 we chose the Mystery Dinner Playhouse in Arlington, VA as our venue. There were 17 of us total and we all had the best time ever. The actors/waitors were very accomodating and friendly. The service was good. The food was delicious and the show was hilarious. We couldn’t stop laughing. All the characters were portrayed well, but we especially liked ”Pupi Pastorini”. The key to having a good time at this venue is your willingness to participate and be silly. The actors play off of the audience members so you have to be open and willing to make fun of yourself, otherwise you won't enjoy yourself. This is not a broadway production; there are no props and you are required to use your imagination, but if you are looking for a good laugh then Murder Mystery Dinner Playhouse is definitely the place for you.

Visited September 2011