“Breakfasts were unbelievable in price and quality!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #25 of 693 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Ava
“Breakfasts were unbelievable in price and quality!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Wonderful pastries!! Check out their breakfast menu. You can get many different kinds of bread, all whole grain, and eggs cooked to order. Very friendly Ethiopian establishment. There is also a restaurant serving true Ethiopian dishes a couple of doors down. Each serving could feed at least two people. SPICY, but fresh and delicious!

Visited August 2012

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“It's the only Ethiopian restaurant I really like in DC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

There is a fantastic bakery, but the adjacent restaurant is great too. They're known for their kitfo (raw beef drenched in spices and butter). I usually take my friends here to try Ethiopian food if I'm on a budget (Dukem in DC is a bit better but expensive). I order the veggie combo, kitfo, and tibs. I guess I should mention that I am Ethiopian as well.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
MA
“An off the beaten path gem, worthy of the trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2009

While visiting DC for a weekend, I searched for a bakery that sold first rate pastries and birthday cakes at justifiable prices. After checking out 3 VERY well know, trendy bakeries, where prices for a cake for 6 people started at $45 (and same size carrot cake, $85), I gave up. Next day, upon checking out of the Sheraton National Hotel in Arlington, I was directed to the Dama Bakery, 1/2 block away. What I discovered there, was so divine I could have wept with joy, and relief! The pastry chef/owner was Clinton's pastry chef in the White House! The cakes looked absolutely spectacular and the price for a cake for 12, was $28 incl. the beautiful b'day message they happily added while I waited. The quality was out of this world - everyone at the brunch swooned over it, and I only wish I lived closer to the DC area! The bakery/cafe also serves breakfast and has an impressive menu of specialty coffees, and more!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere