“Great rooms, good location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #5 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Seattle
“Great rooms, good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2010

Traveled to DC for a long weekend with my two teenage sons. We had booked a two bedroom suite but when we arrived they didn't have any so they gave us two studio suites next door to each other for the same price...which was great! The rooms are very well appointed with a great kitchen area and large HD TV. The hotel is close to a Metro stop, so access anywhere in DC is just steps away and there are many very good restaurants in the plaza that surrounds the hotel. The Thai restaurant was exceptional. Staff was friendly but not overly helpful and the free breakfast in the morning was just OK. But hey.. it was free and was more than just rolls, juice and coffee. I will definately stay here again!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2010

My husband and our twin 11 year old boys stayed at Residence Inn 4/24/10 - 04/27/10.
This was our 1st trip to D.C. and Virginia. I felt I had to write a review because I always consider and trust the comments from Trip Advisor. The hotel was a wonderful place to start our day and come back to after long days of touring. We woke up to a hot/cold buffet breakfast that included Waffles, Oatmeal, Granola, Cereal, Eggs, Bacon, Sausage, Yogurt, Fruit, Tea, Coffee, Apple Juice , Orange Juice, Bagels, Toast, Muffins, Potatoes and Donuts. I was so glad to see such a variety because I don't eat pork . (The Hotel provides breakfast every morning. During the week They provide a nice dinner. Monday Night we had Salisbury Steak and Potatoes, Nachos, cookies ,chips and more that I can't remember.) After eating breakfast each morning we caught the Metro which is only a few feet away from the court yard of the hotel. The Metro takes you practically everywhere without the hassle of trying to find a parking spot. I would love to talk about our fabulous trip but I will stay focused on the Subject at Hand "the hotel". :) I was so glad to see that the bedding was completely white. I am really funny when it comes to hotels so seeing that the sheets, comforter and bedspread was white really relieved a lot of unnecessary stress that I have from being in Hotels. The Exercise room had everything that we needed but after so much walking in D.C. we didn't have to use the equipment. We did use the Hot Tub a couple off nights and my kids enjoyed the pool every night. The Hotel is located walking distance to a Movie Theater, CVS, GNC, Starbucks, WholeFoods. The GNC and Starbucks are right outside the court yard. The staff was excellent. We didn't have to pay for WiFi. They had 2 computers in the Lobby/lounge Area to use. Parking was $14 a night. Which we thought was a bit much until we noticed that we saved because we didn't have to move our car. We are looking forward to planning another trip without the kids and yes we will be staying here. Our rate was $129 weekend and $250 weekday we booked on Marriot.com

Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2010

We really enjoyed our stay at the Residence Inn Courthouse. The staff was very friendly and it is a nice safe neighbour with lots of choices in restaurants and a grocery store just up the street.

It is only a few steps to the Metro which will take you to anything you want to see in the area.

We would definately stay there again.

• Stayed April 2010
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2010

Unable to get a room at the rate we had allotted in DC, we decided on staying in Arlington and found this quite new Residence Inn. The immediate plus is that the hotel is on the same plaza as the Court House metro stop on the Orange line, making it easy to fly into National Airport and take the train. Also in that plaza are quite a few restaurants and shops, and even more are within a short walk. No need for a car for anything. Also, if you're actually in need of the place for what it is (a long-term stay), there is a Whole Foods very close by. Anyway, back to the hotel...

The elevators require a key swipe to go to any of the room floors, which takes some getting used to. The rooms are clean, modern, and even the studio rooms have plenty of space. I never heard any noise from other rooms nor from outside. Breakfast in the morning is a true buffet (although I thought it was odd that the exact same items were served two mornings in a row, I thought they usually rotated the hot foods.

The only real drawback with these rooms is the climate control. The air vent in the studio rooms blows directly onto the bed, and not in the direction of the thermostat. Thus, it takes massive effort to get the temperature as noted by the thermostat to budge. The first night I woke up freezing cold in the middle of the night, and the second night it felt like a blowtorch was hitting me. That's my only complaint though.

Great staff...great location...I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Bridgewater, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2010

We stayed in a 2 bedroom king suite. Rooms were clean. Lots of drawer space for clothes. It was very quiet even though the hotel was full. Breakfast in the morning had a nice variety of hot & cold foods but was crowded. Pool & spa were great to relax in after a day in DC. Close to metro. Walking distance to many restaurants & shops. Great place on Wilson Blvd for gelato - across the street from Whole Foods. The only minor annoyance was the broken ice maker in the freezer. Would definately stay again.

Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2010

Although the hotel was new, and fresh, it appeared to have, what can only be called "teething problems!"
Our room was absent a laundry bag, which appeared on the third day of our stay, despite a call to housekeeping within minutes of check-in.
Not all channels were available on TV until another call to housekeeping.
Ice maker in freezer was broken and was never repaired/replaced despite calls to housekeeping and talk with front desk staff member.
Breakfast area is too small to accommodate all guests!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel after reading the wonderful reviews. I am happy to say that the terrific reviews are all true!. We arrived at the hotel very early around 9am never thinking we would be able to check in. The manager personally checked us in and had a room available. He was very friendly! The king suite with full kitchen is very roomy and comfortable. The entire room was spotless (and believe me I looked around). The hotel is a few blocks away from the metro. Plenty of places around to eat including the Cheesecake Factory which we ate at our first night. The morning complimentary breakfast has plenty of hot and cold foods and the staff keeps it well stocked. Employees are all very friendly and more than happy to assist you if they can. We didn't use the pool or exercise room but both looked nice. I felt safe in the neighborhood and the underground parking garage is well lit. We will be returning to DC next spring and will definitely be staying at ths hotel !

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse? Share your experiences!