“My Most Favorite Hotel EVER!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 47 hotels in Arlington
Indiana
“My Most Favorite Hotel EVER!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2010

This hotel was by far and away the best I've ever stayed at! It seemed brand new, clean, and very fashionable. We stayed in a King studio and were so happy to have the kitchen to re-heat our Cheesecake Factory leftovers (just a few blocks away). There was wonderful wireless internet and cable. The breakfast was full of wonderful options. It got very crowded around 8 each morning but the hotel can't really control when people want to eat. 1/2 block walk to the metro station which was perfect, we got in and out of DC everyday really easily. The parking was underground and very secure. When we got into our room, the person before us had left their bill and had paid $207/night but we got a steal from marriott.com and only paid $89/night! I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone that I know!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

278 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Lititz, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2010

We wanted to take our 3 kids (ages 4-8) to the Smithsonian museums, zoo, and national landmarks in D.C. We found a $99/night deal on the Marriott website during the last week of December. My husband asked if an upgrade was available for free and we ended up in a beautiful and spacious 2-bedroom/2-bath suite including full kitchen (we have Marriott Silver level status - not sure if that mattered or not). When you consider that we also enjoyed a buffet breakfast and light dinner each night as well as use of the pool, hot tub, and fitness center, it was quite a bargain! Parking is a reasonable $12/day in the underground hotel garage. Our kids LOVED the pool and were impressed with the 3 flat-screen TVs in our suite. The hotel is a very short walk (through a courtyard, not a street) to the Court House metro stop (about 15 minute ride to Smithsonian/Federal Triangle stops). We highly recommend this hotel to families with children. They loved it more than many of the DC attractions!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2009

New hotel in a great location. Front desk was great and always smiling. Walking distance to dinning and Whole Foods. Rooms are new and we found some minor problems such as kitchen drawers not opening. Wireless internet was a problem in our room and we heard this from others as well. LAN worked fine except we had 3 computers. Wireless worked down in the lobby. Staff may want to consider different routers as this was a complaint the week we were there. Would stay there again. 15 minute metro to Federal Triangle. Avoid renting a car if possible as parking is tight below the hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Fairfax, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2009

I travel to the area every few weeks and metro accessibility is a must! The hotel is just a few minutes from the metro line. It's a nice area with a lot to do ... shopping, dining, etc. My suite was spacious and comfortable. The staff was able to help suggest good places for dinner. I will definitely stay the next time I need to travel to DC.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2009

I found this hotel to be one of the nicest Residence Inns I've stayed in. It is conveniently located to major highways and there are plenty of restaurants in walking distance of the hotel. My only complaint is that I found it difficult to regulate the temperature in the room but it could have been I wasn't working the thermostat correctly. Very up-to-date room with large flat screen TVs, etc. I would have liked an oven in the room but there was a microwave and two eye stove top.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2009

This place was much cheaper than surrounding hotels of the same level. Upon entering, you find a kitchen, comfy sofa, and flat screen tv awaiting you. This was much more than I was expecting to get for $127/night. I stayed on a weekend when most local hotels were full due to the Marathon and got this rate less than a week before coming out. It's also great since it's near the metro, you get complimentary hot buffet breakfast, and it's brand new (opened in Aug 2009). Couldn't ask for a better stay. Very friendly staff. LEED certified (bonus in my book!). Free wireless. I'll definitely come back here next time I'm in the area!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

This new hotel is up to Marriott’s standards. Rooms were clean and spacious with flat screen monitors. Bed was comfortable. Front desk and service still seemed to be learning but was pleasant and helpful. Hotel is in a more urban environment than expected. The downside is that there is only a small area to park and check-in, and "city type" driving in the area. The upside is that there are many restaurants within a mile or so. Also, location is near the metro station which is very convenient for those visiting DC.

• Stayed September 2009

Been to Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse? Share your experiences!