“Great location plus large clean room” 4 of 5 stars

Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 48 hotels in Arlington
VA
“Great location plus large clean room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I stayed here overnight with my family (myself, husband and 3 kids aged 5, 4, 1). We found the location excellent, very close to everything you could need or want. The room is large with a nice kitchen area, appointed like a studio suite. There was a king sized bed and then a pull out sofa. My husband and I shared the king bed, two small boys on the sofa bed and a portable crib for the 1 year old. I requested a portable crib when I made the reservation but they had forgotten it when I got to the room. Called the desk, asked for it and 4 pillows (for the kids on sofa bed plus the child in the crib) plus sheets for the crib. A gentleman came up with only 2 pillows and a blanket. I then remembered to check the closet for the sheets and there were some there. Parking was $15. I was not thrilled about that, but I guess it is standard for the area. Beware if you have a visitor, my friend came for an hour and they charged my room another $15 for her because she parked in the lot. Breakfast was better than average for a hotel of this kind with plenty of hot and cold choices. Overall, I would definitely stay here again if I was in the area.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

260 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

The hotel is in a great location - very close to the Metro stop, Whole Foods, lots of fantastic restaurants and several stores like Crate and Barrel, Pottery Barn etc.
The rooms are nicely appointed. Nothing fancy (it is a Residence Inn after all) but very comfortable. We were given a room on the 2nd floor even though we requested a high floor. There was a restaurant located beneath us but the noise wasn't bothersome.
We will stay here again on future trips to the DC area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
RIArlCourthouse, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for your comments about your stay with us this month. I'm glad you enjoyed the neighborhood surrounding the hotel. We are fortunate to be within walking distance of many shopping and dining options. I can understand your disappointment about a request for a higher floor. We do our best to accommodate all guests request, but unfortunately sometimes it's not possible depending on the availability in the hotel. I apologize for any inconvenience. I would like to hear more about your experience with us. Please feel free to contact me directly at 703-312-2104. We appreciate your feedback and hope to hear from you soon.
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

This is by no mean much better than any Marriott hotels in the region. I picked this particular location because it is very close to the metro and they accepted government rate. Oh and of course, they offered daily hot breakfast, and FREE dinners three nights a week.

The room is nice and clean but the air condition doesn't work properly. When we called the front desk at 10pm, she immediately offered to move me to another room, and keeping all my stuff in the current one until the AC can be looked at the next morning. She had me at 'hello.'

The breakfast is okay, they have good options: fresh fruits, waffles, oatmeal and different hot items each day. We only attended one dinner, which was also okay. They offered salad and hot items with potatoes or rice.

The only negative comment I have is the PARKING, they charge $15 per night - they could have earned another star with FREE parking. You can park on the street for free after 6pm until the next morning, 8am. We stayed seven nights, and worth every pennies.

Room Tip: We were in 914, next to the elevator, but it was quiet. Great view of the courtyard.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
RIArlCourthouse, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay. I'm sorry to hear about your experience with the air conditioning. We are glad the front office staff provided a quick temporary solution. We can also understand your concern about the cost of parking. The hotel tries to provide a competitve parking fee with other hotels in the nearby area. We hope you will come and be our guests again soon.
Upstate NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We recently stayed at the Residence Inn Courthouse with two children, ages 12 and 9, and our dog. The hotel is located in a nice, residential location with many little shops and restaurants as well. The hotel was very clean and bright (except for the back stairwell) and the staff was friendly and attentive. (Minor complaint-I used the stairs several times over three days, to take the dog for a walk. Areas of the stairwell were littered with take out menus and other garbage that was never cleaned up during our stay.) Upon arrival, our dog received a little welcome bag, and we found the area around the hotel very dog friendly. We had a suite with king size bed and pull out sofa. The bed was very comfortable, but the sofa bed mattress was thin and uncomfortable to sleep on. The kitchen area was great to prepare sandwiches and snacks. The hotel provides dinner a few nights a week and a large breakfast buffet each morning. The breakfast buffet had a good variety and the staff kept everything well stocked. There was plenty of seating as well. When you exit the back door of the hotel, you are in Courthouse Plaza with restaurants, shops, a Starbucks and even a movie theater. The metro station is located near the end of the plaza- just a short walk from the hotel. We used it several times to travel the 10-12 min trip into DC. We really liked the hotel, and the location and would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay. I'm glad you enjoyed the suites and food and beverage offerings at the hotel. We will further investigate your feedback regarding the stairwell and make sure we prevent a similar situation from happening in the future. Please come back and see us again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here recently and it was fantastic! The location can't be beat, the service was great and the rooms were clean and spacious. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful guiding us to sights we wanted to visit.
Although we didn't really use the kitchen in the suite, it was nice to have extra counter space and a fridge.Parking is a deal and it was nice to have a pool on sight. The metro is literally right outside and there are plenty of restaurants and entertainment options close by. The short metro trip into the city was a nice surprise. I would stay here again in a heartbeat .

• Stayed July 2013
RIArlCourthouse, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the location and our team provided great service. Our goal is to provide an experience that exceeds our guests expectations. We hope you will come back and stay with us again on your next sight seeing trip to to the DC area.
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

My spouse and I just spend six nights here during a move from our apartment nearby in Clarendon abroad. This place was exactly what we needed. Large, clean rooms that feel more like an apartment and an excellent location make this place an easy choice if you need to stay in the area for an extended period and do not want to break the bank of a fancier hotel. This place is low maintenance and very comfortable. The only shortcoming that I could detect was that it does not have room service, but with so many restaurants nearby, this was never really a problem. I highly recommend this hotel if you need to stay in this area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the feedback about your recent stay. We are glad we were able to help you make the transisiton during the move to Arlington. We try to provide our guests will all of the conforts of home and we are fortunate to be in a neighborhood within walking distance of many shopping, dining and entertainment options. One unique feature the hotel does offer is room service provided by Fireworks Pizza, the restaurant that is adjacent to the hotel. We apologize regarding any miscommunication about that information. Enjoy Arlington and your new home!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with husband and teenage son whilst husband was working. We found check in and the staff very easy going. Room was on front corner on top floor so had a bit of a view . Breakfast was complimentary and plentiful .
Location for us was crucial as we did not have a car. Managed very easily to get to pentagon city mall by subway and also managed on my own to get to the mall nr Tysons corner by subway and a bus !
Didn't feel at all threatened and walked everyday to and from the stores at Clarendon . Plenty of food outlets especially (we are from uk ) Cheesecake Factory , fireworks pizza at bottom of the hotel and Rays the steaks for a great meal and wonderful wine list.
Wouldn't hesitate to book again if in the area.

• Stayed April 2013
We appreciate your comments about your recent stay. Thank you for making us your hotel of choice when visiting the area. We are glad you found the staff to be gracious as we strive to exceed the expectations of all of our guests. Come back and see us again soon!

Been to Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse? Share your experiences!