“Great place to stay while in Arlington” 5 of 5 stars

Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 48 hotels in Arlington
Madisonville, Kentucky
“Great place to stay while in Arlington”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We traveled to Arlington to meet with family. We all stayed in the Residence Inn, a great decision. It is very close to the metro, restaurants and a wonderful Trader Joe's and Whole Foods (where we ate several times). You can park your car in the garage and walk everywhere. The rooms were well-appointed and very comfortable with good space for family. Breakfast was wonderful and the staff were more helpful than anywhere we have ever been. The workout room was also good. All in all an outstanding experience.

Room Tip: The suites are large and the one-bedroom is worth the extra $20.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
RIArlCourthouse, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
We are glad to hear you had an outstanding experience. We are very fortuante to be in a neighborhood that's within walking distance of many dining and shopping options. I'm also gld to hear our staff was helpful throughout your stay. Please come back and see us again soon!

260 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Arkansas City, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

My family and I just completed a week long stay at the Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse and will be recommending this property to all of our friends and coworkers traveling to the DC area. The property was clean, well maintained, and offered a really nice breakfast daily and evening meals several times during our stay. Staff members went out of their way to accomodate our needs and this was appreciated. The pool and jacuzzi area are very nice and Brian, one of the lifeguards, goes above and beyond to ensure guests enjoy a pleasant and relaxing swim or hot tub and that the water temperatures and chemical balances are correct. Kudos to Brian and all of the staff for providing us with an outstanding stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
I'm glad you and your family enjoyed your stay and we were able to enjoy the meals and indoor pool. We hope you and your family visit us again soon. Thank you for your feedback about your stay.
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

A good choice for a stay in the Washington area. Room is a good size and kitchen facility is complete. Included breakfast is ample and well served. Miss a hotel bar though for an evening drink. Good shopping close by and good restaurants are all around. Will enjoy your stay.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments about yout stay. We are glad you enjoyed the suite layout and breakfast. Unfortunately, Residence Inns aren't typically designed with a hotel bar. We hope you were able to enjoy the restaurants in the area as another option and come back and see us again soon!
San Antonio, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Nice room with excellent facilities. Breakfast was standard but never disappointing and the kitchen staff would add flexibility for vegetarian diatary needs. Only problem was with ordering a taxi ... I had a standing 8 AM order and they never showed up ... not once. The subway was an option but a distraction on a busy presentation day. Also, the hotel caters to business travelers on Monday - Wednesday evenings but not Thursday or Friday.

Room Tip: Never had a bad room ... out of a dozen stays.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
RIArlCourthouse, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay. I'm glad you enjoyed some of the vegetarian options available during our manager's receptions. I can understand you wanting to have additional amenities for the additional nights you were here. I would like the opportunity to speak with you further. My direct line at the hotel is 703-312-2104. I will look forward to hearing from you soon.
Portland, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We just spent three nights here and had a great time. The hotel is steps away from restaurants, metro, and in a nice neighborhood. The rooms were very clean which was a huge bonus as our son has asthma and he often gets sick in hotels where they don't change air filters. My only complaints are the heat, which seems to constantly reset itself to 68-70, leaving it too hot to sleep without opening the windows, and the ice cube maker in the freezer dropping ice throughout the night. Other than that I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments about your reccent stay. I'm glad your son was comfortable during the stay as well. I can understand your concerns regarding the heat and ice maker in the freezer. We would like the opportunity to discuss this with you more. Please feel free to call me directly at 703-312-2104. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for presidents weekend. Room was great. Had kitchenette, in case you wanted to bring food. We just used the fridge to store wine. Breakfast was included and was very good. It is located convenient to Metro station with easy access to DC. Staff were helpful. We ate at the Fire Works Pizza place that is attached to the hotel. Great selection of Beers of draft.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments about your stay with us over President's Day weekend. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of the kitchen area in the suites. I'm glad you enjoyed breakfast as well. We are fortunate to sit in the great Courthouse neighborhood of Arlington. Fireworks is always an excellent choice for lunch or dinner! We hope you will come back and be our guests again soon!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Let me start this by saying that I have stayed at this hotel multiple times over the past few months. This is a very modern Residence Inn. Great rooms with an excellent location. It was also my last time to stay here.

There were a few problems with the facilities. Only one elevator was working, so it was an eight to ten minute wait to get downstairs. Equipment in the fitness center was not working. This is not what I expect out of the number one rated hotel in a city with plenty of hotels.

The icing on the cake was when the front desk notified me upon check-in that my rate was going to be higher than the booking rate. I booked the room at the authorized government rate for Arlington for 5 days. Upon checkin, I notified them that I would be staying a shorter period of time. The desk clerk then notified me that he was going to change my rate to the "Best Available Rate" since my booked rate was for the 5-night stay. I told him that it was booked at the government rate, he asked who I worked for, I told him and then he responded that it did not matter. I thought about getting my computer out and booking a room at another hotel, but six members of my party were staying at this hotel.

This hotel got their higher room rate for two nights, but will get no future business from me.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments about your stay earlier this month. We would like the opportunity to discuss your experience as well as how our rates are structured. Please feel free to contact our front offce manager directly at 703-312-2102.

Been to Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse? Share your experiences!