“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Virginia Beach, VA, USA
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Really enjoyed our stay here. My husband was on business and I played the tourist. He travels to DC frequently and it's now his place to stay. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom had good facilities. The sitting area had a recliner w/ottoman and a sofa (this could be more comfortable - one end too low to sit comfortably). There was a nice kitchen - fridge, microwave, real glass wine glasses and china coffee mugs (no styrofoam stuff). Included a full breakfast and food on Monday - Wednesday evenings (we didn't eat there in the evening). Really close to the Metro (a plus for me).Within government per diem ( a plus for my husband).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
RIArlCourthouse, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay. I'm glad you were able to accompany your husband on his trip and had a chance to enjoy the hotel and the area. We hope you will join
your husband again on his next trip to Northern Virginia and we see you as our guests again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Marion, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for the Cowboys/ Redskins game this past weekend... Oh, what a clean hotel!! The rooms are in good conditions with all the comfort one would need, especially like the outlets on the bedpost. Breakfast is great!! Would stay again!!

• Stayed December 2012
RIArlCourthouse, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for your feedback about your stay while you were in town for the game. I will share your feedback with the housekeeping team. They take a lot of pride in keeping the hotel clean everyday. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed breakfast as well. We hope to have you back as our guest again soon!
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

NIce accomodation but total lack of service from disinterested front desk person, though no one else was waiting. Tried to set the heat but it stays at 70. FIgured out later should have opened a window. Food at free breakfast plentiful but tasteless. Pancakes were gruesomely raw.

Room Tip: Ask for quiet room. Agent immediatley crossed out original room and gave me another one.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay last weekend. I can understand your frustration about your experience. I would like to hear more about your expereience with the heat in the room and further details about your experience at breakfast. Please feel free to contact me directly at 703-312-2104. I will look forward to heairng from you.
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Service and decor of the hotel was awesome. I stayed here a week for work at the end of Novemeber 2012. The staff was friendly and helpful. I love the decor of the rooms and it is very clean. Free breakfast every morning and free dinner monday to wednesday. Food is not bad either. Love the security of the place because only guest with key cards can access hotel room floors. It is very convenient too with so many local restaurants within walking distance. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I had a choice of the Hilton Garden Inn or this place when I was booking and many coworkers recommend this place over the Hilton Gardens Inn due to the free breakfast and dinner. And I have to agree with them because it's a great value for the money. Only minor downside is that I drove to the hotel and when I was looking for it, I missed it twice before finally spotting it. I got lost walking one day getting food and asked many locals and they did not know where the hotel was. It is a little hidden.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
RIArlCourthouse, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay. I'm glad you enjoyed all of the amenities, but I am sorry to hear that if was challenging finding the hotel. I would love the opportunity to find out more about your experience traveling to the hotel. My direct line at the hotel is 703-312-2104. We hope you will come back and be our guest again soon.
Woodbridge, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

This is the only place we will ever stay when we visit DC! The Metro is a block away, they serve a free breakfast of everything you could think of. They also have dinners three nights a week. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are immaculate. We asked the front desk have a taxi pick us up one morning at 9:15 and they were there right on time. They also have a gym. Several terrific restaurants within a half a block. There is also a Whole Foods two blocks away which is handy because there is a fully equipped kitchen in the suite with a full size fridge! The only recommendation I would make is to bring saline nasal spray in the winter months since the air tends to get very dry.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the main street can be noisy in the summer months and the garbage trucks start rolli...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
RIArlCourthouse, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for your feedback about your second stay at the hotel. I'm glad you are enjoying the amenities such as breakfast. We are fortunate to be within walking distance of many dining options as well as Whole Foods. We hope to see you on your third visit very soon!
Dallas, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This is a very nice hotel at convenient location. They had every night free dinner - nothing special but eatable - and nice hot breakfast. Room had lots of space and was clean. Metro station is 3 minutes from the hotel and Starbucks right in front of the main door. Only disappointment was that our kinds could not use the hot spa (the lifeguard was did not allow it) and the pool was cold.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay. We do try to provide a variety of options that will meet the needs of all of our guests and are always open to suggestions. I can understand your concern about your children using the spa. We do allow children to use the spa with parental supervision. I apologize for the confusion. We would love to further discuss the details of your stay. Please feel free to contact me directly at 703-312-2104. We hope you will come back and stay with us again as well.
Fairfield, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Great staff. Great location if you're going into DC. The metro is a block away. Love the free breakfast.

My husband and I had an excellent experience here after a long, miserable day where the front desk clerk of a nearby Marriott property was rude to us. (We went to the wrong hotel. There are quite a few Marriotts in Arlington.)

The manager of this hotel heard about my bad experience at the other hotel and emailed me personally to apologize. I really appreciated that.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
RIArlCourthouse, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you for feedback about your stay with us. I am sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience, but glad we were able to provide you with an excellent stay. We hope you will come be our guests again very soon!

Been to Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse? Share your experiences!