“Residence Inn Arlington” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Residence Inn Arlington”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Quick check in, beautiful and clean room, comfy bed, roomy fridge.

My husband and I stayed in the master bedroom, the kids slept on the pull out in the other room. The internet was easy to use and fast!

Breakfast in the am was great. My kids enjoyed the waffles and goodies while I enjoyed some eggs, fruit, and an english muffin. All of the hotel employees were friendly and helpful.

Convenient to the metro and restaurants

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
RIArlCourthouse, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with your family. I'm glad we were able to provide some good breakfast options for everyone. I hope you come back and see us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Pascagoula, Ms
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We have stayed here on several occasions while visiting our extended families. The rooms are very comfortable with full size frig (with icemaker) kitchenette and king size bed. Pets are welcome, though not mandatory. The staff is very friendly and courteous. Very convienient to many good eating establishments as well as numerous well stocked bars within easy walking distance. Sufficient breakfast buffet.

Room Tip: Be careful when booking as the rates Sun-Thurs are $289 and Fri-Sat $189. If you try to book online...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
RIArlCourthouse, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for your comments about being a guest at the hotel multiple times. I'm glad your family enjoyed the amenities and service. We are lucky to be within walking distance of so may great restaurants and bars. We hope that you come back and visit us again soon!
Asheville, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Business travel takes me to the DC area a few times a year, and the Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse has become my hotel of choice. The location is very convenient to both the Court House Metro (about a block away) and Clarendon (6-8 blocks away). Between is about every sort of restaurant one could ask for at about any price range.

The hotel is always clean and well kept. The staff has always been friendly and helpful to me. I've only eaten the breakfast a couple of times (I'm usually on my way to the office or meetings by then), but it was decent. The rooms are clean and have everything I need when I stay in the area.

Because it sits on the Orange Line Metro, the location is very convenient to DC and National Airport.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
RIArlCourthouse, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for your comments about your experience at the Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse. I'm glad to hear our location an neighborhood provides you with many dining options. We hope you will continue to be our guest when you are the area. I'm sorry you haven't been able to take advantage of breakfast all of the time. We would be more than happy to prepare you something to go if you let us know. Please feel free to contact me directly and let me know the next time you will be our guest. I can be reached at 703-312-2100 x 7104.
Novi, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for three nights while in town for a wedding. We had reserved a two bedroom room and we were very impressed with the size, cleanliness, and amenities that came with our room. To add to that, the service and breakfast were excellent. The restaurant that's attached to the side is a great choice for dinner. The metro station and other stuff are very close by. If I was in the D.C./Arlington area again, this would be my #1 choice in hotels.

• Stayed October 2012
RIArlCourthouse, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for your comments about your stay last weekend. I'm glad you enjoyed the two bedroom suite. I'm glad you enjoyed breakfast and service provided by the staff. Fireworks is a great choice for lunch or dinner as well. We hope you will come back and stay with us the next time visit the area!
Cheltenham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I chose this hotel because the other reviews were so good. My husband and I were in Washington being tourists for the weekend. In short, I could not find fault with this hotel.
It is a short walk to the metro and then a short metro ride into Washington. We parked in the basement car park. Again, very easy and efficient and realistically priced ($14 per night)
There were a variety of restaurants and places for brunch in Arlington and we didn't feel the need to go back into Washington for dinner in the evening.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and got one. I didn't hear a thing. And I'm a light sleeper!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
RIArlCourthouse, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your weekend visit. I appreciate all of your comments and glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel. It's nice to be in a neighborhood just a few minutes from the Courthouse Metro stop and several options for dining. We hope you will come back and visit us again soon!
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

Clean, new and quiet. Breakfast was ok, great location. Free wifi, the way it should be. Only down side to the hotel was the lazy girl checking us in on our arrival. Did not set a good first impression for us. Blaming the guest when she fails to complete all the check in process is not the best way to treat folks on arrival.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
RIArlCourthouse, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay. I am dissapointed to hear we could have made a better first impression upon check-in. I would like to hear more about what happened so we can use this experience to improve for next time. My direct line at the hotel is 703-312-2104. I will look forward to hearing from you soon.
Allentown, Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a long weekend to tour DC, and this hotel was perfect. Our room was spacious, clean, quiet and very comfortable. We slept great every night. The Metro is nearby, and the area between the Metro and the Hotel is decent, with a few good restaurants and a convenient CVS. We enjoy walking, so we actually walked to the Marine Corps Memorial and Arlington Cemetery. This was quite a walk (maybe 4-5 miles round trip) so it wouldn't be for everyone. But you could always take the Metro to get closer. I was concerned about the parking from reading a few negative reviews, but we had no issues. There are other parking garages nearby, so I didn't think it would be that huge of an issue even if the garage was full. We only took the car out one night (a very enjoyable evening to the Village at Shirlington, which is not on the Metro) but otherwise we rode the Metro everywhere we wanted to go.

We found the breakfast to be better than average - a good variety of options including scrambled eggs, pancakes, waffles, bagels, various breakfast meats, with a few things changed up each day. The staff was great, and we saved hundreds of dollars off what we would have spent staying in D.C.

The hotel feels like it's designed primarily for business travelers. We met some people who were staying at the hotel for weeks or even months for long-term business assignments. But even so, the hotel works great for anyone. I wouldn't hesitate to return with the kids - in fact we are planning to do so.

The only potential negative I could find is this... if you stay in Rosslyn, you have access to both the blue and orange Metro lines. So you can ride the blue toward the Pentagon and Arlington Cemetery (at Courthouse you'd have to ride the orange to Rosslyn and change trains). On the way home from DC, you could catch the blue or orange to get home to Rosslyn but at Courthouse you'll have to wait for the orange. But while we noted these facts, they didn't really affect us negatively. The Metro is so convenient... so you might have wait another 5 minutes for orange - no big deal. Right now it looks like there's a lot of construction at Rossyln so maybe Courthouse was a smarter move anyway.

In any event, you really can't go wrong with this hotel. We've stayed in lots of places, and this hotel ranks up there with the best.

Room Tip: The 10th floor was very quiet - even close to the elevators.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
RIArlCourthouse, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for your comments about your stay with us this week. I'm glad you were able to enjoy some of the restaurants in the neighborhood. We are fortunate to be just a few steps away from the Courthouse Metro stop. I'm glad you were able to navigate around via car and on foot. You were adventurous walking to the memorial, but sounds like fun! Yes, the metro would be a good option for those not as adventuresome. We hope you and your family come back and stay with us again soon!

Been to Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse? Share your experiences!