“Consisently a Good Choice” 5 of 5 stars

Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 48 hotels in Arlington
Asheville, NC
“Consisently a Good Choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Business travel takes me to the DC area a few times a year, and the Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse has become my hotel of choice. The location is very convenient to both the Court House Metro (about a block away) and Clarendon (6-8 blocks away). Between is about every sort of restaurant one could ask for at about any price range.

The hotel is always clean and well kept. The staff has always been friendly and helpful to me. I've only eaten the breakfast a couple of times (I'm usually on my way to the office or meetings by then), but it was decent. The rooms are clean and have everything I need when I stay in the area.

Because it sits on the Orange Line Metro, the location is very convenient to DC and National Airport.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
RIArlCourthouse, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for your comments about your experience at the Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse. I'm glad to hear our location an neighborhood provides you with many dining options. We hope you will continue to be our guest when you are the area. I'm sorry you haven't been able to take advantage of breakfast all of the time. We would be more than happy to prepare you something to go if you let us know. Please feel free to contact me directly and let me know the next time you will be our guest. I can be reached at 703-312-2100 x 7104.

288 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Novi, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for three nights while in town for a wedding. We had reserved a two bedroom room and we were very impressed with the size, cleanliness, and amenities that came with our room. To add to that, the service and breakfast were excellent. The restaurant that's attached to the side is a great choice for dinner. The metro station and other stuff are very close by. If I was in the D.C./Arlington area again, this would be my #1 choice in hotels.

• Stayed October 2012
RIArlCourthouse, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for your comments about your stay last weekend. I'm glad you enjoyed the two bedroom suite. I'm glad you enjoyed breakfast and service provided by the staff. Fireworks is a great choice for lunch or dinner as well. We hope you will come back and stay with us the next time visit the area!
Cheltenham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I chose this hotel because the other reviews were so good. My husband and I were in Washington being tourists for the weekend. In short, I could not find fault with this hotel.
It is a short walk to the metro and then a short metro ride into Washington. We parked in the basement car park. Again, very easy and efficient and realistically priced ($14 per night)
There were a variety of restaurants and places for brunch in Arlington and we didn't feel the need to go back into Washington for dinner in the evening.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and got one. I didn't hear a thing. And I'm a light sleeper!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
RIArlCourthouse, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your weekend visit. I appreciate all of your comments and glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel. It's nice to be in a neighborhood just a few minutes from the Courthouse Metro stop and several options for dining. We hope you will come back and visit us again soon!
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

Clean, new and quiet. Breakfast was ok, great location. Free wifi, the way it should be. Only down side to the hotel was the lazy girl checking us in on our arrival. Did not set a good first impression for us. Blaming the guest when she fails to complete all the check in process is not the best way to treat folks on arrival.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
RIArlCourthouse, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay. I am dissapointed to hear we could have made a better first impression upon check-in. I would like to hear more about what happened so we can use this experience to improve for next time. My direct line at the hotel is 703-312-2104. I will look forward to hearing from you soon.
Allentown, Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a long weekend to tour DC, and this hotel was perfect. Our room was spacious, clean, quiet and very comfortable. We slept great every night. The Metro is nearby, and the area between the Metro and the Hotel is decent, with a few good restaurants and a convenient CVS. We enjoy walking, so we actually walked to the Marine Corps Memorial and Arlington Cemetery. This was quite a walk (maybe 4-5 miles round trip) so it wouldn't be for everyone. But you could always take the Metro to get closer. I was concerned about the parking from reading a few negative reviews, but we had no issues. There are other parking garages nearby, so I didn't think it would be that huge of an issue even if the garage was full. We only took the car out one night (a very enjoyable evening to the Village at Shirlington, which is not on the Metro) but otherwise we rode the Metro everywhere we wanted to go.

We found the breakfast to be better than average - a good variety of options including scrambled eggs, pancakes, waffles, bagels, various breakfast meats, with a few things changed up each day. The staff was great, and we saved hundreds of dollars off what we would have spent staying in D.C.

The hotel feels like it's designed primarily for business travelers. We met some people who were staying at the hotel for weeks or even months for long-term business assignments. But even so, the hotel works great for anyone. I wouldn't hesitate to return with the kids - in fact we are planning to do so.

The only potential negative I could find is this... if you stay in Rosslyn, you have access to both the blue and orange Metro lines. So you can ride the blue toward the Pentagon and Arlington Cemetery (at Courthouse you'd have to ride the orange to Rosslyn and change trains). On the way home from DC, you could catch the blue or orange to get home to Rosslyn but at Courthouse you'll have to wait for the orange. But while we noted these facts, they didn't really affect us negatively. The Metro is so convenient... so you might have wait another 5 minutes for orange - no big deal. Right now it looks like there's a lot of construction at Rossyln so maybe Courthouse was a smarter move anyway.

In any event, you really can't go wrong with this hotel. We've stayed in lots of places, and this hotel ranks up there with the best.

Room Tip: The 10th floor was very quiet - even close to the elevators.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
RIArlCourthouse, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for your comments about your stay with us this week. I'm glad you were able to enjoy some of the restaurants in the neighborhood. We are fortunate to be just a few steps away from the Courthouse Metro stop. I'm glad you were able to navigate around via car and on foot. You were adventurous walking to the memorial, but sounds like fun! Yes, the metro would be a good option for those not as adventuresome. We hope you and your family come back and stay with us again soon!
boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I have to question management here. This hotel is very well situated, close to Metro courthouse stop and many good eating and sightseeing places. But something here is always amiss. This time, the fire alarm went off at 3:30AM - evacuate the building, etc. Quite the headache. But hey things happen, right? Well, it went off again at 5:15AM. No excuse for a double. have to wonder how many other times it has gone off.

The rooms are nice, large for DC area and newer. Elevators OK, a little slow with only two to service 10 floors. houskeeping no issues. You can thank the state of VA for no beer or wine at the managers recerption, but breakfast and dinners are routinely very good. Also, there is a lifeguard at all times in the pool, which is great for some, sort of wierd if you can stand up and arent used to direct supervision in 4 feet of water.

Gym is small, a couple machines and some dumbell free weights. TVs on machines dont work reliably but that may have been a temporary issue. Desk staff is OK, better than in the past. overall an adequate stay, but expect the unexpected.

Room Tip: Top floor away from the street are quietest, but you will have to wait for the elevator longer. Sta...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay. I can understand your frustration about the fire alarm going off. I have had to deal with this situation myself while traveling. I'm glad you enjoyed your food and beverage offerings. We would like the opportunity to discuss your comments further. Please feel free to contact me directly at 703-312-2104. I will look forward to hearing from you soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

This is the best hotel I've stayed in. My company placed me here for two weeks while my boyfriend, dog, and I got relocated to the area for our jobs. The staff has been the most excellent, amazing, helpful staff I've ever dealt with. They are all very helpful and polite. The hotel serves free hot breakfast every morning from 6-9:30 I believe...and it's GOOD! Oatmeal with walnuts, raisins, brown sugar, cinnamon, etc.. Yogurt, parfaits, waffles, eggs, awesome burritos, bagels, cereal, juice, and so on! The staff is polite and timely when stuff runs out. This morning the orange juice ran out and I say down to begin eating while they changed it and the woman filled a glass and brought it to me! I wasn't expecting that, and it didn't go unnoticed! Also, Monday's-Wednesday's they serve dinner with complimentary beer and wine! Tonight was Mexican night! Salad, chicken fajitas, and soup! Housekeeping had been wonderful as well when they've come in while we are working. There is a shuttle that takes you to the metro every morning! We are roughly a 30 minute walk to the pentagon city metro. My boyfriend and I are working at the pentagon city mall and walk home after work. Awesome gym, laundry isn't free (but still convenient. $3 to wash, free to dry). They even offer free grocery delivery! You give them a list before 9am and they go shopping for you and have it back to you the same day! Everything is charged to the room! This has been an absolute pleasure to stay here! I 100% highly recommend it!

• Stayed October 2011
Thank you for your recent review of Residence Inn. It sounds like you are staying at the Pentagon City location and not the Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of all of the amenities that Residence Inn has to offer.

Been to Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse? Share your experiences!