“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 47 hotels in Arlington
DeLand, Florida
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

My brother recommend this for me when I told him I was coming to visit DC. It is a very nice hotel, great breakfast. It is huddled into this quaint village of shops and restaurants. The parking garage was the only draw back. It is across the street and four floors up. I didn't know that when I got here. It is right near the Pentagon. Also it has a shuttle that takes you to the Pentagon City Mall, which is also the Metro Station, and a stop on the blue line for the big red bus which has the open air seating and tours all of DC. Te mall itself is four stories high and wonderful especially on rainy days. The shuttle will take you to the airport also. Check out is noon. They have a tiny lap pool and hot tub, that isn't open till 5 p.m. Because they have a lifeguard. It wasn't worth our while to get in a swim suit for a 4 ft deep pool, plus kids were playing in it. All in all, we thought it was splendid. Be sure to check out Busboys and Poets restaurant next door. Delicious food, and a fun place.

Room Tip: We were asked for a king, and were pleasantly surprised to get room 621 which was two queen beds and...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

504 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Yorktown, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Located in a quaint neighborhood(reminds me of European hotel locations). Five block circle consists of outdoor restaurants, small shops, etc. Hotel staff is first-class! Facility is clean and modern. Parking is located across the street on the fourth floor of a parking garage;very convenient and accessible. For you smokers request a sixth floor room for easy access to an outside deck-prevents taking elevator and going outside. ENJOY! RolltideYorktown.com

Room Tip: Higher the better
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Springfield, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We actually did not stay at the hotel but from the lobby the hotel looked very nice. My comments have to do with The Great American Restaurant in the hotel. Very slow service and awful food. We were 7 in our group dining Saturday, June 1st, before going down the block to the theater. We chose this restaurant because of our prior positive experiences with the Hilton brand. We had many other restaurants in the Shirlington area from which to choose.

Only 2 of us was satisfied with our dinner & even that was with very mild enthusiasm. Those of us who had the dinner steak salad and asked that the steak be cooked medium rare could barely chew the overdone chunks on our plate. One friend who ordered a simple burger said it was like shoe leather and another friend who ordered a pork and beef ragout said a form of, "Eh." The restaurant personnel certainly weren't overworked or busy as we were the only diners in the restaurant at 5:00 PM.

To our server's credit, she offered different dishes or dessert to those of us who were displeased with our meals, but because the kitchen was so slow even though we allowed 2 hrs. for dinner, there was no time for making restitution. Unfortunately, although we were hoping the restaurant would be great since it is so convenient to our local theater, we will not be back.

The restaurant needs a restaurant manager on duty who cares about safeguarding the Hilton reputation. They also need a new chef and a revamping of a rather lackluster menu. We felt very bad for our server who tried to make this a pleasant experience.​

Room Tip: I have no opinion on the rooms since we were only there for dining.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Richmond, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Overall this was a nice and clean hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful and they greeted me every time I walked pass the front desk whether I was leaving or returning. The only thing I do not like about this hotel is the parking. You have to park in a parking deck that is shared with residents in the area. Level 4 is designated to hotel guests however, it is not enough parking. If all of the space are full then you have to park on another level and run the risk of possibly being towed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Williamsburg, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I'm a frequest business traveler and probably spent 100 nights in a hotel yearly. Of those 100 nights, about 40 are spent at the Hilton Garden Inn in Shirlington. Coincidentally, I spend a total of 40 nights a year in the DC area...so it goes without saying that this is my go-to hotel.

Bottom line up front, this is my favorite overall hotel. The location is phenomenal, the hotel itself is very new, and most importantly the staff are just fantastic. When I check in, I'm greeted like I'm a returning friend. When I go downstairs and have breakfast, Tigi and company treat me like gold. (I don't know that I've ever seen Tigi NOT smiling. She is just awesome.) When I have encountered some minor issues (to be expected when on the road so often), they quickly address my concern and make it right.

I really can't say enough good things about this hotel. New fitness facility, super comfortable beds, friendly staff, excellent location, etc etc.

Kudos to all who make this property my favorite place to stay. It feels good to have a home away from home.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Thanks to Ali Ashkiani, Night Manager, for always being attentive to customer service and treating guest as they are the only person in the world at that moment. He is why I continue to return to the Hilton Garden Inn!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Spent Memorial Day weekend at this hotel. I was pleased with the hotel. Clean. Well appointed for this level of hotel. Yes, you pay for breakfast but this is not the typical lack luster hotel breakfast. This was actually a very good breakfast, omelets made to order, smoked salmon, pastries, and of course the staples such as bagels, scrambled eggs (properly done and not dry and overcooked). This is a GREAT location if you are visiting DC but want to stay across the Potomac in Arlington. A variety of good restaurants and shopping all within walking distance. Very safe. Very clean. Very up to date. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Arlington/Shirlington? Share your experiences!