The hotel was chosen through business arrangements, which is normally not the way I travel. Situated in the Shirlington area, the hotel is not near any Metro lines. However, the hotel does provide complimentary shuttles between DCA and to the Pentagon Mall. I was fortunate that the shuttle was waiting at the curb when I arrived since I called them when the plane landed at DCA. Upon check-in, I was not greeted warmly and was informed that my preferences as a Hilton Honors member could not be fulfilled since the hotel was full. Fortunately, I was situated in a room next to my travel partner. The lobby area was well-lighted and furnished with a flat screen TV and complimentary cookies and coffee service. There were also a selection of wines although the bottles were empty for my entire 3 day stay. The room was ample with an extremely firm king bed and a proportionally small flat screen TV. Fortunately, there was free wifi through the Hilton or ATT hotspot. The bathroom was small although adequate with the usual array of Neutrogena products. Although I did not use the facilities due to time constraints, there was a well-equipped gym and spa, a business center, and a restaurant. Nearby, there was a reasonable selection of restaurants, a market, and a movie theatre. Apparently, there was a great bakery but unfortunately, I was adhering to my diet. My travel companion and I enjoyed a nearby Thai restaurant late one evening.
I was informed by another person in our group that upon her late arrival, she was told that her pre-paid room was given to someone else. When she insisted, they gave her room that was apparently occupied as she noticed someone sleeping on the bed. Finally, they offered her a room that was assigned to someone else that had not arrived yet. She also had tremendous difficulties with her shuttle driver who was a new and unfamiliar with the area. The remainder of our stay was pleasant and the other staff members were cordial and accommodated to my needs.
Having travelled to DC for other business related events, I prefer to stay closer to the capitol. Overall, the hotel is a decent option for those with a desire to remain in the Shirlington area.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Arlington/Shirlington Hotel
- Hilton Garden Inn Arlington/Shirlington Hotel Arlington
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Shirlington Virginia hotel is conveniently located just off I-395, minutes from The Pentagon, Washington, D.C. and only 10 minutes from Reagan National Airport. Situated in trendy Shirlington Village - one block from the US Patent and Trademark Office and within walking distance from Shirlington Station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Hilton Hotels, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Arlington/Shirlington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.