“Thumbs up to JESSICA!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina
“Thumbs up to JESSICA!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I just want to say me and my husband really enjoyed our stay here and Jessica the front desk agent was so very nice, polite and helpful. Everytime she spoke to us she greeted with a smile. The whole staff overall was just onpoint so whenever me and family travel to the DMV my stay will be with this hotel. Thanks for everything.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Englewood, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is beautiful and in a great location where everything is in walking distance. The hotel offers a great shuttle service to the metro that will take you into D.C, and will pick you up when done. They offer a great breakfast which is a bit pricey but delicious. The complaint is the beds. It was the hardest bed I've ever slept in and so sleep was horrible. When I went to check out there was a sign on the desk that said you choose your beds comfort...really wish they would put that sign on the bed itself!

• Stayed October 2012
Wharton, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We arrived at Reagan National Airport fairly late in the evening on 10-28-12. I made reservations at this hotel because I didn't want to have to drive a long distance to other hotels on unfamiliar roads. The staff was very accommodating at a late hour. I managed to get the last parking space in the parking garage located about 1/2 block away.
The room was very comfortable and well kept.
The only issue I had was with the breakfast buffet. Our room was a B&B reservation. By the time we got down for breakfast, the buffet, particularly the eggs, were dry and overcooked. I wish I had ordered from the menu.
All in all, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Convenient, new and very clean Hilton Garden Inn located in a section that is lined by great restaurants and shops outside the hotel. Great if you want to grab a bite/drink or take a walk in the evening. Shuttle to DCA for early morning flights [takes about 10 minutes]/ Good hotel if you travel often to the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

September 2012 I stayed off and on here during a three week period when I had to vacate my home for repair work. Although I selected this hotem for its location: close to my home and surrounded by good restaurants to safely walk to and a grocery store across the street, and easy commuting distance to DC (approx 4 miles), I found the hotel itself to be superb in every way: attractive, comfortable, and immaculate, and everyone on staff that I encountered was unfailingly friendly and helpful, without exception. My stay was the high point and a very strong positive in an otherwise inconvenient and somewhat stressful situation. I am now recommending it to others for folks traveling here, and to put up out of town guests. --Because of my very positive experience, I just now sent a letter to the owner of the hotel and copied the general manager.

Room Tip: if for a weekday trip, book early: it was always very full. Understand that on weekends it is less...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We had a reservation for two nights, one paid with HHonors points and the second at a discounted weekend rate through AAA. This required two separate reservations for the same consecutive night weekend stay. Check-in was slightly problematic, probably due to the inexperience and/or incompetence of the front desk personnel. The next morning our card keys would not work. The front desk personnel recharged them, but in so doing officially canceled the paid night reservation which took more than one month to resolve for credit. There has to be a simpler way to accommodate HHonors guests who wish to combine points awards and payments for consecutive night stays without requiring separate reservation numbers, which confuses guests as well as Hilton staff apparently. Perhaps more training of front desk staff would minimize the delays and misunderstandings such forced arrangements create and subsequent errors that take an inordinate amount of time to investigate and resolve.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
closser, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington/Shirlington, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Mike M,

I appreciate your feed back from your past say at our hotel and I want to let you know that I have addressed your concerns with our front office management team. The problems you had at check in and with your key cards at the front desk are unacceptable and I would like to apologize for the inconvenience. I would like to assure that our hotel and team members take pride in providing excellent guest service experiences to all of our guests and are disappointed this was not reflected in your stay. I hope you will offer us another try as I am confident that we can deliver the excellence in customer service that youare familiar with when visiting Hilton Hotels.

Carlos Abelende
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We went on a group trip. My husband & I were the only ones who got a handicapped room for the same price. We were quite happy with the size compared to others. The hotel is located in the center of a cute town. Becketts pub was great! I wasnt too thrilled with the parking across the street in a parking garage, but I still felt somewhat safe there. The beds were amazingly comfortable. Rooms were super clean and decorated very nice. I would def go back and spend more time there. Also theres a good little restuarant in there for breakfast in the am.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Arlington/Shirlington? Share your experiences!