We stayed here for 3 nights. Parking was in a garage across the street and it was free. I had made reservations almost 2 months before arriving. We got in early and had our luggage held for us while we went into D.C. When we arrived back in the evening and went to our room, we discovered they put us in a handicapped room. Neither of us is handicapped and it bothered me because I made reservations almost two months in advance and not once were we advised we had a handicapped room. The tub/shower area was very restrictive and the countertop in the bathroom was hardly big enough for one person's toiletries. The night clerk was not helpful at all. He advised we were put there because it was the only room he had left. I did not believe that one bit and I did not appreciate his smug attitude. I told him we wanted to be moved in the morning. He had offered to call around to other Hiltons. I made reservations at this Hilton because I wanted to stay in Shirlington. The next morning, the female on the desk was much more pleasant and helpful. They took our bags while we went back into D.C. When we came back that evening, we were in another room, non-handicapped. We had three times the space in the bathroom. My only other issue was no exhaust fan in the bathroom. It took a while for the steam to clear after a shower and the bathroom smelled musty. Shirlington is an absolutely fabulous location. Every kind of food you could possibly want was within a couple of blocks of this little self-sufficient community. We LOVED the area and can't wait to go back. I would book with this hotel again as long as we had a non-handicapped room to begin with. It is my opinion that we were put there because we were on a slighter cheaper, government rate. It turned out that the second room we were assigned to was right next to the elevator, something I predicted. It was not a problem, however. The bed was very comfortable. The shuttle took us to the nearest metro station each morning and returned us to the hotel each night. Although it was complimentary, we tipped the drivers. It would have been very expensive if we had to take a taxi to and from the hotel each day. All things considered, I would recommend this hotel. There is even a two-story grocery store across the street, a first for me.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Arlington/Shirlington Hotel
- Hilton Garden Inn Arlington/Shirlington Hotel Arlington
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Shirlington Virginia hotel is conveniently located just off I-395, minutes from The Pentagon, Washington, D.C. and only 10 minutes from Reagan National Airport. Situated in trendy Shirlington Village - one block from the US Patent and Trademark Office and within walking distance from Shirlington Station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Hilton Hotels, Venere, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Arlington/Shirlington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.