“Clean, friendly, close to shop & train” 4 of 5 stars

Inn of Rosslyn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1601 Arlington Boulevard, Arlington, VA 22209   |
Ranked #40 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Sydney, Australia
“Clean, friendly, close to shop & train”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

It's a simple place, but clean and worth the price. Judy is very helpful, from explaining the direction to shops and train station to suggesting us to allow extra travel time due to morning rush time. My family stayed 3 nights and enjoyed our stay. Didn't have time to write the review when we came back ;-). We will come back again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Glen Burnie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

as soon a s I walked in the door I was greeted by the reception is whose name was Evelyn she was so very helpful when I asked about things to do in the area and where I can get some good barbecue, and when I asked about this to do in close area of the hotel she asked me if I came in a taxi or if I drove.she had some tips about getting around that I was able to orientate myself . also gave me pointers on where not to park but most of all the price for the bestiary it's that time of the year was great.
I would like to make one suggestion,The rooms could use a microwave.
Thank you Ms.Evelyn W.and the resr of the Inn is Rosslyn staft for making me welcome there.

• Stayed May 2014
Jerusalem
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

It was hard to find a hotel for $100 a night in or near DC, so this motel definitely met our expectations. This is a no-frills motel with rooms facing the street.

The only major drawback was that the internet didn't reach our room, and when I sat with my laptop near the lobby, it was too slow to use.

On the plus side:
- The rooms were clean, no signs of dirt or mold.
- They had a satisfactory coffee, bagels, and pastry breakfast.
- The tv worked fine with lots of cable channels.
- Available parking outside the rooms.
- Staff were friendly.

Down side:
- Internet was practically non-existent.
- Bedding wasn't the most comfortable.

Ringwood, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Judy's customer service is at the highest level. She's friendly, says good morning, good bye, have a nice day, see you next time. She's makes me feel at home and welcomed. Great job Judy, thank you!

There is free and open parking, no height restrictions. Vans, pick-up trucks just drive in and park and you can come and go 24 hours a day.

The Iwo Jima Memorial, the Rosslyn Metro, Ruby Tuesday Restaurant and other restaurants are a short walk from the Hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms 14, 15, 16 are on the far outside corner of the Hotel; little more private getting in and out...
Greenvale, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

The Inn of Rosslyn is our choice whenever we are in DC. It is not luxurious but it is consistently clean, safe, and convenient. Breakfast is always a delight and the room fridge is a real plus. Most importantly the front desk staff is terrific --- Judy and Eden are the best !!!!--- always patient, courteous and helpful. They think nothing of going the "extra mile" for you. (However, watch out for Victor --- he has been rude on more than one occasion and should NOT be in the hospitality business! )

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Charlton, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

In May, I was returning to DC for part 3 of a training class in Arlington and my regular hotel(s) were fully booked. Wanting to stay near the Rosslyn metro station and after checking out other reviews, I thought that this place would work out fine. The first thing I noticed was that it was a motel - not an "inn". The taxi driver was nervous about dropping me off as there was a group of men hanging outside of one of the rooms. I am a woman and was traveling alone. When I checked in, the desk staff was pleasant but I noticed that he photo-copied my license and credit card information and filed the paper on the desk next to him. In this day of identity theft that practice really needs to be eliminated. He stated that the owners required it but I was not happy. I went to my room which was clean but musty. It sounded like the windows were opened - thinking it was to air out the room - but when I checked the windows were closed. The noise of traffic was so loud that I was sure that I missed something but no - the windows were really closed. The glass was cheap single paned and the locks did not work. That really needs to be addressed. The lock on the door was suspect with a safety chain. I chose to check out immediately and find someplace else to say. It cost me for that night because it was after the cancellation time but I could not stay here. The Desk Staff stated that it was in a safe neighborhood but I told him that he could not vouch for the clientele.

Other notes: the bathroom was sparse with the tiniest bars of soap I ever saw. There was no counter space. It would be quite a walk to the metro station including an uphill climb. Though the neighborhood was fine the motel overlooks the highway. I cannot recommend this for women travelers.

Park City, Utah, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

The Inn is a budget friendly hotel and provides a bagel or doughnut and coffee for breakfast. The front staff - especially Eden - is friendly and helpful. Do know, however, this is a 2-star hotel. It is close to the Metro, clean and safe, but don't look for any luxuries. They do provide a fridge in the room which was nice. My daughter and I did not spend much time in the room, basically just slept there, so it was fine for us. The WiFi was not very strong so we had to use our phone data for everything. There is a lot of traffic noise, but we were so tired by the time we got back it didn't disturb our sleep. Overall, a good value and if we ever go back to DC, we would most likely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to Inn of Rosslyn? Share your experiences!