“Inn of Rosslyn” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 48 hotels in Arlington
Herndon, Virginia
“Inn of Rosslyn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I wanted to provide you my experience with this hotel and the person at the front desk, Martine. She was very helpful and made our stay very enjoyable. She went out of her way to help us figure out the access to metro. Where to eat, what to see, etc. It is a modest hotel but serves the purpose at a much lower price than most in that area. It included continental breakfast so that meal was taken care of, which every little bit helps when you are traveling to DC.

Room Tip: If you want a value hotel near all DC attractions and access metro, then stay here. There is no poo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

194 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Owatonna, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We decided to book our stay after reading the mostly positive reviews about Inn of Rosslyn. The room was nothing special but it was clean and offered free wifi, tv/cable, refrigerator and best of all it is a short walk to the metro. We spent most of our time jaunting around seeing the sites. The Inn was a nice place to rest and refresh for more of the same. The shower had great pressure and plenty of hot water. Breakfast was nothing special (donuts and bagels) but it got us started for the walk to the metro. Martine was very friendly and helped us scope out some places to eat. We really appreciated catching the shuttle to the airport in the morning. Overall it is a great no frills deal. We got a decent nights sleep and had a great adventure exploring DC.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

The Inn of Rosslyn is one of the few small independently run family motels in the heart of Rosslyn conveniently located next to the metro and vibrant restaurants along Wilson Boulevard. In terms of value, it cannot be beat. The price is right with simple rooms that are very clean with outstanding service. Even the towels in the bathrooms are carefully folded and ruffled inviting you in and showing an underling effort to attention to detail.

Built in the late 1950s, it brings back hints of old time travels and a microcosmic view of what Rosslyn once looked like with its many small businesses and restaurants mixed in with the brick houses. Most impressive are the bathrooms with their small ceramic tile interior finishes that are carefully maintained to include the grout retaining its spotless cement colors. Clearly, someone has taken a lot of pride maintaining this building over the years, to include the exterior walkways. After experiencing this old time gem one can take a five minute walk to Wilson Boulevard and enjoy sushi, a “hell burger”, Italian dishes, or Lebanese food at many of the modern restaurants in the new Rosslyn.

Every time I enter the front desk – reception area with its large windows, I have experienced a warm welcome from the staff and especially the manager, Judy, who has a pleasant non urban greeting making you feel comfortable and truly appreciated. If you need any support they are always willing to help.

I can say many more good things about this place and highly recommend it for families, couples, or individuals looking for value and convenience just across the river from Washington D.C. It is a five to fifteen minute drive to the Mall, White House, Georgetown, and Arlington Cemetery. For those seeking quiet, the low sounds of traffic from highway 50 are not that significant and can be overcome with turning on the TV. Also the traffic is all but gone by 10:00 PM to 6:00 AM.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We reserved a room here for one night on Memorial Day weekend, and it ended up being a disaster. We were running later than we thought and had been told earlier that there would be someone in the hotel's office until midnight. We were running late due to traffic and called the hotel's office at 11:30 pm, and the person there told us that they would wait for us. When we got there, the office was closed and we saw a sign on the door that said "Will return in 10 minutes." After waiting for about an hour, knocking on the door, ringing the doorbell and calling multiple phone numbers affiliated with the hotel, we saw that this sign was obviously a complete lie. At this point, we tried calling as many other hotels as we could find, and everywhere in the area was fully booked, seeing as it was Memorial Day weekend in the Washington, D.C. area. Therefore, we had to sleep in our car because of this place's horrible customer service. One of the phone numbers I was given by someone at a sister hotel affiliated with the Inn of Rosslyn was the cell phone number of a manager. Not only did this supposed "manager" not answer his or her phone that night, but he or she didn't answer the next morning either. Finally, after I got a text asking who it was, I sent a detailed message back explaining the situation and of course got no response. I called the main number for the hotel and made sure I got a refund immediately and didn't even get an apology from these people. Giving me my refund right away was about the only thing they did right. Do not go here unless you want deplorable customer service and to deal with people who don't want to take responsibility for anything.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Busan, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Inn Of Rosslyn was dated but one of the cleanest hotels I have ever stayed in. Staff were friendly and organized. Wifi, TV, A/C etc all worked fine no problems and beds were cushy. Even the breakfast was pretty good (bagels and donuts). I was surprised at the quality of this little hotel.

Location is about a 5 min walk from Rosslyn metro station. Only downside is there is no CVS or anything nearby.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for 4 nights with my dad while in the area for a sightseeing trip. The hotel was clean and safe, our two biggest concerns. Adriana at the front desk was very helpful and provided directions to nearby restaurants. We would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I stayed 3 nights at the Inn of Rosslyn. I chose this hotel based on reviews on Orbitz and TripAdvisor. I really only needed a place to sleep that was clean and reasonably priced. In these regards, it hit the mark. There were a couple of issues though, once of which was resolved and the other not. I wasn't able to get any heat in my room until the last night - I asked on the second night about it and was told to put the thermostat up as high as it would go and in about an hour I would get heat. I did this but I didn't have any heat until the next night. Also, the wi-fi would not work with my iPad or iPod - it couldn't be found even when I typed in the network name. Those devices worked fine with other wi-fi networks, but there are some where it just won't work - so be aware if an iOS device is your only way to access the Internet via wi-fi.

Other than those two things plus the outside street noise and being in the landing path of Reagan Airport (noisey) the hotel was fine. Very clean both the room and bathroom. Very good shower water pressure and lots of hot water. No elevator for those who may need that. Lots of channels on the TV, small refrigerator in the room plus and iron and board. I didn't partake of the continental breakfast - coffer, bagels and donuts but it looked fine. It was a quick 10 min. walk to the Rosslyn Metro station, although they would have provided either a shuttle bus or taxi voucher if I didn't want to walk. Except for the noise, I would stay here again for sure. It could be the rooms in the back of the hotel are quieter - I would avoid rooms 1, 17 and 18 from a noise perspective.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms 17, 18 and 1 to minimize outside noise
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Been to Inn of Rosslyn? Share your experiences!