“Good value hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Gainesville, Florida, United States
“Good value hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

This is a great value hotel. It is located in a nice region, next to the metro. The night attendant was very friendly and helpful.
In my room, the heater was not strong enough to warm up the room, so they provided extra comforter and a portable heater. Also, the internet in the room was not working, so I had to use the breakfast room to be able to connect.
The breakfast was very poor. They only offered doughnut and bagel.
The hotel is not great but all issues were compensated with a good service.
I recommend this hotel, especially because of the location and price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Bolivar, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I spent a week here in July 2012. The short of it: Decent place. Kind of dated on the outside (60's). Rooms were clean and reasonably furnished. The employees were helpful and the price was right, especially considering location. I will stay here again.

This place is literally on the highway so it does get noisy during rush hours. There are a lot of places to eat nearby, but it took me a couple of days to figure out how to get around in Rosslyn's maze of one way/dead end streets. Ray' Hell Burgers (good eats) is only about a 12 minute walk away.

The only real negative I encountered was the limited nature of their network. Due to the location of their emitters, parts of the motel are dead zones for internet. I was on the second floor, last room on the left. With my tablet on the bathroom window ledge facing the walkway, I could get a weak connection with dropouts. About 10 ft further down the walkway I got a great connection. Since I don't watch tv, every night was spent on the couch in the office catching up on the days events with my tablet. The desk personnel know which rooms can connect so ask when checking in. This wasn't a deal breaker, I'd still stay here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Gaithersburg, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I'm a frugal person, therefore I tend to search out the best room deals when I travel. My only requirements are that 1) it has to be clean, 2) it has to be safe, 3) the beds must be firm and fresh, and 4) it should have the basic necessities - coffee, hair dryer, fridge, microwave, internet. The Inn of Rosslyn met these basic needs in a very comfortable way. Granted it is an old building, complete with pink tile in the bathroom, but my room was spotlessly clean. The pillow-top mattresses seemed fairly new and felt wonderful after dancing all night. An unexpected bonus was the large wall-mounted extra mirror that allowed me to see the hair at the back of my head, and reversed to a magnifying mirror to make applying makeup easier. I'd never before seen that in a motel. I would definitely recommend this little mom-and-pop motel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Fort Worth, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

We were skeptical at first when we saw the exterior of the Inn. However, we were persuaded to check into the Inn because of the excellent reviews and the price. We actually moved from a motel next door where we paid much more per night where we couldn't even take a shower without experiencing vacillation between icy cold and scalding hot water, and no breakfast included. The Inn may not have all the fancy upgrades, but it is very clean and the staff is super friendly. For the price we were satisfied to settle for regular size beds rather than queen size as we are a family of three. The room was always exceptionally clean and tidy whenever we returned from a long day of sight-seeing, and the housekeeper, Flor, left us extra towels and toilet tissue. We would definitely stay at the Inn again.

Room Tip: We were street side and were not bothered by street noise.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

After an exhaustive search for an affordable room close to the center of DC and near the metro, I came across the Inn of Rosslyn and was intrigued. I read the reviews on tripadvisor and while some of the reviews might have scared away persons with a weaker stomach, we took the risk. It's an older establishment (1950's judging by the original tile in the bathroom) and not well-maintained, but it was clean, comfortable, extremely affordable and a 10 minute stroll to the metro. The staff were friendly and helpful. Continental breakfast was coffee, juice, donuts and bagels. All in all, it won't be everyone's cup of tea, but it worked well for us.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Moble AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

This hotel was recommended by a family member, so I was aware that is was small and older. However, we thoroughly enjoyed our 3 day stay and will definitely return. The room was much nicer than we expected and was spotlessly clean. We had plenty of room (2 of us), and it was quiet. We walked to the Rosslyn Metro center each day - be sure to exit on the same side that you entered when returning! The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. We did not have wifi in our room (which was not a big deal to us), but we could have gone to the lobby to get online. It is located on Fairfax Drive, even thought the address is Arlington Blvd. Free parking, too! There is no elevator.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Arlington TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

So, I know the hotel is older and not been updated recently...like in the last 2 decades.... But I really wasn't expecting it to look as shabby as it did. It really looks more shabby than what it is. It's functional, worn out in some places but great bed (I stayed in room 3), working fridge and coffee maker. The only real two complaints I had were the Internet wifi and the breakfast. Other than that, you get what you pay for, and for a room right on the hwy, 10 minutes and $10 cab ride from everything, it was an awesome deal. Even the usual moderately priced hotel chains were twice this price. Complaint 1) the Internet cant be found more often than it is available. One corner of my room had wifi signal and, every few minutes, it would disappear and reappear. For being on a business trip, Internet was more important than food, ya know. Complaint 2) while the quality of the breakfast itself was moderately good, they serve it in an old emptied hotel room. The lighting reminds me of a brutal interrogation room at Guantanamo Bay, the room feels like a moist breeding ground for as yet unidentified creatures and the conference table swallowing up the whole room with office chairs pulled up to it was a repellent rather than an inviting place to sit. This is the most important overhaul the hotel should focus on....they're messing with people's food and there's no better way to turn them off and make them vomit than this. Side note: if you walk up that hill behind it, just two blocks, you will find a beautiful park, Starbucks, CVS, Safeway, along with several very nice, new, inexpensive restaurants. I made a grocery supply trip for 3 days of meals and I'm glad I did. Theres no microwave in the room and they won't let you borrow theirs so keep that in mind if you plan on cooking anything, especially since there's no food vending on the premises. The walking trip is pleasant and safe and was a good stretch for my legs after 7 hours of flying from Dallas. Side note: to the lady who refused to acknowledge me for 10 min after I arrived because your personal phone conversation was more important than customers, this gave me time to determine that your mustache should be entered into a national facial hair contest, as it's quite impressive. I left a tip for the maid, but lady...you don't get anything from me. Overall, the room was clean, no bugs or critters and everything fit my needs.

Room Tip: Room 1 is breakfast room. Room 3 is right next to front office and very convenient. I'd recomm...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Inn of Rosslyn? Share your experiences!