“One word...Terrible!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Ohio
“One word...Terrible!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2008

This is not a hotel for those seeking a comfortable, relaxed D.C. experience.
(Added Note: The hotel is not in a pleasant neighborhood by any means. Strange people loitering around apartment complexes. I did not feel safe, nor comfortable having my car parked at this location overnight.)

• Liked — Leaving!
  • Disliked — Everything!! Staff, decor, neighborhood, atmosphere
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
RosslynRosslyn, an owner at Inn of Rosslyn, responded to this review, April 3, 2010
Mar 27, 2008 | Trip type: Friends getaway My girlfriends and I booked this hotel through AAA, thinking that this was a great value and nice location. However, when we arrived we were completely disgusted. The front office is straight up 1975 in decor and the employees were very strange. After checking into the hotel for a several night stay, we went to check out the room. After walking up 3 floors (outside and no elevator) we entered one of the most filthiest, smelliest rooms we had ever encountered. There was still hair in the bath tub from the previous guests, stains all over walls, carpets, and window dressings. After requesting to leave, the hotel staff put up quite a fight but they eventually agreed to refund the money but I have yet to recieve it.
This is not a hotel for those seeking a comfortable, relaxed D.C. experience.

This review is indeed shocking on many levels, and appears to be a complete fabrication with the sole exception that the property does have 5 guest rooms on the third floor with no elevator access. First, the company policy is to cancel the check-in upon arrival if the guest is dissatisfied for any reason and we are unable to accommodate them, which automatically cancels the authorization on their credit card. Second, guests pay when they check-out (which is industry standard) and not before unless they are long-term or unless they request to pay in advance due to early morning check-outs, etc. Third, in this instance no funds would have been collected as the “guest” did not stay and there would be no funds to refund. Fourth, it is not possible that the guest room would be as described unless describing another property as our guest rooms are checked daily and either approved for check-in, or noted for service. Fifth, all of our guest room carpet, upholstery, and draperies are regularly and professionally shampooed with a dry cleaning method that is very effective and leaves the fabrics fresh and clean and prolongs their usefulness. Sixth, the property is located in the community of Rosslyn, in Arlington, Virginia, complete with high rise apartment buildings as well as low rise apartments, offices, restaurants, and hotels. Rosslyn is considered by many to be the “Manhattan” on the Potomac, not withstanding its diverse and varied community and mix of urban with suburban elements. The property is situated next to both low rise and high rise apartments in the proximity of other hotels. While on the outer reaches of this small enclave known as Rosslyn, the neighborhood has almost no crime and is not considered a dangerous neighborhood by any means. We find this “review” to be without merit, false, and totally misleading.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Daytona Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2008

I booked this through Travelocity, not knowing what to expect, but I read the reviews from former customers. I must say we were pleasntly suprised, true to what others have said the staff is very helpfull. Older motel, but clean and very pleasent.

• Liked — The Staff
  • Disliked — No high speed internet in the room
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2008

I am a referring travel agent. I stayed here mid-week with my 16 year old son. I had some trepidation staying in such a low priced motel - not knowing what to expect.....however, I was actually quite surprised. Room was "stayable", the morning "breakfast" was "eatable" and the location was not as bad as I had anticipated (there is a morning shuttle to the Metro). All in all, I would stay here again.

NOTE: Although the room was clean and well kept - the property is aged.... if you are a prim Dona then I would't advise this motel as you will definitely be offended.

• Liked — Great Value
  • Disliked — Driving to find it!
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2008

2 friends and me stayed at the Inn of Rosslyn for 2 days.
The room was clean and spacious enough to accomodate 3 of us.
The hotel front office staff were very helpful.They have loads of brochures and helpful maps if you are there to look around D.C.
But the bad thing about this place is that they have no internet in the rooms.
If you want to access the net, you have to go to the lobby which is shut after 12 in the night, so this is a big pain.
Since we were just there to take a look around the city, this didn't bother us much.
The Subway station is very close by, about 5 minutes by walk, which makes it really convenient if you are not too enthusiastic about finding parking.
There is a Pizza place close by the Inn called Ledo Pizza, which is an average place but convenient if you are tired and wanna grab a bite.
They serve breakfast in the mornings, nothing elaborate just coffee, juice, bagels and a few donuts.
We got a good deal for around 70 $ / day on hotels.com
Overall this place is decent, clean and good if you are on a budget.
I would not recommend this place for business travellers.
But I guess I would choose a different place to stay the next time I go to DC, one with Wi-Fi.

• Liked — The front desk staff
  • Disliked — No Internet
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2007

I made the mistake of booking two rooms at this location for a week of training in Arlington. However, after less than two hours, I canceled the stay and moved elsewhere.

The rooms are old beyond being quaint. Neither window in my room could be closed completely, allowing in noise and cold night air. Even with the furnace running, you could still feel the cold.

The Inn faces a rather busy expressway, and the room did nothing to keep out the sound.

Also, the door appeared to be relying on a simple chain lock, which didn't seem very safe.

And the front desk was unresponsive to complaints about the slow-working furnace and lousy windows. They were in no way helpful.

Something most other reviewers haven't mentioned is the proximity to the Metro's Rosslyn station. The Inn is several long blocks away, and you will be walking up rather steep hills on your way to the station, so beware.

All in all, this is a bad place to stay in the winter, night and daytime. It is unpleasant and uncomfortable. Avoid it.

• Liked — Getting the heck out of there
  • Disliked — Everything mentioned in the review -- location, front desk, room, safety, comfort
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2007

The staff at the Inn were pleasant, courteous, and most helpful. The information we received by phone before booking was accurate. When we arrived in Arlington we could not find the Inn. I called the desk twice and the desk attendant was again courteous and very helpful. The room was adequate and clean. We were within walking distance of food and gas that we needed. The Inn has a bus service to DC. We found it close enough to drive over the bridge to tour DC. My family and I would stay at the Inn again if we were in the area. Clean, good price, and convenient.

• Liked — clean, good price
  • Disliked — directly on the street
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Toronto, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2007

Three of us (two adults and one teen) stayed at this old style motor hotel at the beginning of July for 4 nights. We were there to visit my elderly mother-in-law and my brother-in-law who live in Arlington but also to squeeze in a little sightseeing. The price was much lower than anything else in the neighbourhood but we were very pleased with our stay. The rooms were spotless, freshly painted, and the furniture and bedding were new. The only small complaint might be that there was no shelf in the bathroom to put toiletries. I would not stay here if you travel with a lot of luggage as this is not a very spacious room. Breakfast was adequate- OJ, coffee, bagels (cream cheese and jam), and donuts. I was very offended by the couple who were complaining bitterly about the lack of any donuts and juice 10 minutes before the end of breakfast time. The owner was nice enough to bring out more juice for them. THe outside "hallways" look original and probably need replacing soon.Metro stop less than 10 minutes away but if you are walkers like us- Georgetown is only 20 minutes away, White House about 1 hr and Smithsonian about 1-1/2 hr walk. Spy Museum a must! Some small restaurants near the motel- Piola (?) good pizza place, Asia Cafe, and Santa Fe Cafe.

• Liked — clean and updated
  • Disliked — no shelf in the bathroom
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Inn of Rosslyn? Share your experiences!