The hotel is actually located on Eads street, right next to Embassy Suites. That is the entrance you will have to take. It is actually at the rear of the hotel. Many years ago the Jeff Davis Highway entrance was closed off because of the construction along Route 1.Nonetheless, the hotel maintained its Jefferson Highway address.
I have stayed at this for the past 7-8 years for 3-4 months each year while on business and I can't say enough good things about my stays here. If you're looking for a fancy hotel, you won't
find it here. But in my opinion this hotel in the Washington, DC area is unbeatable because of the following factors:
1. very short walk to the METRO
2. clean and very affordable room prices, a top priority for me.
3. very courteous and pleasant hotel staff, from the owner to the desk staff, housekeeping staff and limo drivers
4. complimentary continental breakfast (bagels, fruit, cereal, doughnuts, orange and apple juice, tea and coffee) Coffee available 24/7. Front desk staff on duty 24/7.
5. complimentary shuttles to and from Reagan airport and to nearby restaurants
6. free parking
In my opinion you can't match this value anywhere. After all, the hotel has been owned and operated by the family for over 50 years. Also, as a side note, part of the movie "State of Play" with Ben Affleck and Russell Crowe was filmed in the hotel a few years back. The movie company was looking for a retro hotel and they found it in the Americana, staff.. My compliments go out to the entire staff..Great job and keep up the good work.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Americana Hotel is ideally situated in a neighborhood in Arlington, Virginia called Crystal City across the Potomac River from Washington, D.C. Since 1963, our family-owned-and-operated hotel near Washington D.C. has never wavered from its commitment to complete guest satisfaction with every stay. Business and leisure travelers alike are sure to appreciate our comfortable Arlington hotel accommodations and well-appointed Crystal City hotel amenities that include free shuttle service and a complimentary continental breakfast. We are only 1 mile from the Nation’s capital and within walking distance of two Metro stops. Please call us today and let us help you plan your next trip to Washington, DC! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Otel and Hotels.com so you can book your Americana Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americana Hotel Arlington
- Americana Arlington