“Awesome Staff!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Alliance, Ohio, United States
“Awesome Staff!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at the Americana in late July last year for 3 nights. We arrived very early and I just wanted to check in and park, so we could take the subway into DC to do some sight seeing, figuring that our room would not be ready yet. When we went into the hotel to check in we were given our key to our room and allowed to go up early! The shuddle service was awesome, they even picked us up from the subway stop when my daughter had fallen asleep so I did not have to carry her back to the hotel. The staff was great with my daughter answering all of her questions and giving her some DC history!! We are planning to come back in June of this year for a week with my parents! Can't wait to stay at the Americana again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
AmericanaHotel, Owner at Americana Hotel, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write such a nice review! Providing a clean, comfortable room and friendly, personal service to guests like you and your daughter are the most important things to us, and we'll be sure to let our entire team know you thought we met the mark. We hope you (and lots of your family!) will be able to come visit us again soon and if you need anything at all, please do not hesitate to contact us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Hebrew first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I have been staying at the Americana regularly for years, and I love it. If you want the luxury of a full-service $300-400/night hotel, don't stay here. If you are looking for a clean and convenient place to stay, with a free breakfast and free WiFi, you can not do better. For twice the price. The Americana is an affordable option in an area where there are no others. I have stayed at the Crystal City Marriott and Sheraton, and neither is worth paying 3x what you would pay at the Americana.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review and for all the kind words! We really appreciate guests like you who stay with us year after year and become part of the Americana family; we're not exaggerating when we say we wouldn't be here without you. If there's ever anything we can do to make your stays better, please don't hesitate to ask. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in the D.C. area!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

My 13 year-old son and I went on a DC tour. I was worried about being in a safe area, but did not want to spend a lot of money on a hotel since I knew we would be site-seeing most of the time. We were able to get our room in our range and we were treated like family. My husband would call on the hotel phone occasionally. Once when he called the person at the desk informed him that we were just heading up to our room so should call back in a few minutes. They knew there guests that well that they were able to tell my husband this. The man who provided the shuttle from the airport and back was very friendly and helpful! Every morning we were greeted by all employees with a smile and a good morning comment. When passing an employee in the hallway, they always acknowledged you. I felt so safe and welcomed! It was as if we were staying with a family member!! The beds were comfortable and the breakfast was great, too! And all for a wonderful price! We didn't walk around the area until our last night and realized we could have easily walked to the sites and to other small shops. My family will be staying there again!!!!

Room Tip: I guess there are updated rooms, but were fine in a room that had yet to be updated. I do recommend...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you SO MUCH for staying with us and taking the time to write such a nice review! We're really glad to hear you enjoyed our convenient location, comfortable rooms, affordable rates, and friendly, personal service. Our entire staff works really hard to make our guests feel like extended family, and we'll be sure to let them know they got it just right for you. Thank you again, and we hope to see you the next time you're in the area!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

The location is perfect, not being in central D.C. yet only few minutes away, you can enjoy the capital's life and the next minute you can be at Americana, located in safe and quiet area and enjoy all what Arlington has to offer in high class shopping and international restaurants. Good train connections to D.C. and the free shuttle gets you around the Arlington area. Hotel is in retro style, which I loved, but they have renovated rooms, still I prefer the one with 60s look, probably one of few left found in the area, and therefore are a true classic. Service are good, staff helpful to recommend restaurant and assist in one or another way. Loved the breakfast area, where it is like having a breakfast with a big family due to how everything is set up in a little place, like a living room. Free parking, free wifi, free breakfast, free quality service from staff, and nice well equipped rooms at a price you won't find anywhere in a popular tourist destination area. As a facebook fan, I really like how the hotel staff have a good contact to their fans, they reply to any comment and post useful informations. Would 100% chose Americana again and this is the only hotel I recommend in this area, not only because of the affordable price where you get free parking (which cost normally $$$) and free wifi and breakfast, but also the excellent and friendly service. I dare to say, they treat you like a family member.

• Stayed July 2012
AmericanaHotel, Owner at Americana Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Hi David! Thank you so much not only for staying with us and writing a review but also for all the great posts on Facebook! We love interacting with you and are glad to hear you like it too. Thank you for the kind words about our classic look and friendly service. We indeed look at our guests like a big extended family that we get to see here and there throughout the years, and we're really glad you're a part of it. We can't wait until you're able to return and wish you a wonderful 2013!

Warmest Regards,
Your "Family" at Americana Hotel
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

After a perfect stay in 2010, we decided to stay here again for 2 nights. Unfortunatly the beds where so bad that we decided to leave the next day. When they asked why i was leaving i told them this was the reason and basicly their answer was ' ok but i'll have to charge you also for the second night'!! I was in shock! The only thing i could think of was that they are only in for the money and not for (returning) guests. That's a big shame..... Besides this i have to be honest about the location and shuttle service because this is ok. The maid responsible for the complementairy breakfast was slow and rude after i asked for napkins because they where not there anymore.

Unless there will be a big upgradeon the beds we will not visit this hotel anymore. A pitty it can change in year...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
AmericanaHotel, Owner at Americana Hotel, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for staying with us again and taking the time to write a review. We're sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your stay as much as your previous one and that the front desk was unable to successfully resolve your concerns. They should have moved you to another room, and we apologize that this did not happen. Please be assured that we value each of our guests and will be following up on everything you mentioned so we can avoid it in the future. We hope that you will give us another chance the next time you're in the area.

Americana Hotel
Reedsville, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stayed here in September. The staff was friendly and very helpful when we had questions about getting around the city. They even gave me a free room upgrade! The room was clean and I felt safe staying there. I liked that it is very close to the metro station. Would stay again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
AmericanaHotel, Owner at Americana Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review! We're glad to hear you enjoyed our friendly staff, clean rooms, and convenient location, and we will pass along your kind words to the rest of our team. We hope to see you again the next time you're in the D.C. area, and thanks again for staying with us!

All the best,
Your Friends at Americana Hotel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I wanted to vacation in DC in August but had a limited budget. I found the Americana online and read lots of reviews. The reviews were positive, but I was still afraid the price was too good to be true. Well, I was not disappointed. The rooms were clean, staff was friendly, and the location was a short walk to the metro. I'm planning another trip this summer and will definitely be staying there again.

Troy
Prattville, AL

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to write such a nice review! We're glad to hear our affordable rates allowed you to visit Washington, D.C. and that you enjoyed our clean rooms, friendly staff, and convenient location. We do our best to offer a great value to our guests and sincerely appreciate you letting us - and others - know that you think we're succeeding. We look forward to seeing you again soon, and thanks again for the kind words!

Warmest Regards,
Your Friends at Americana Hotel

Been to Americana Hotel? Share your experiences!