“Great room and better breakfast!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of AKA Virginia Square

and 1 more site!
You added AKA Virginia Square to your Saves list
AKA Virginia Square
3409 Wilson Boulevard, Virginia Square, Arlington, VA 22201 (Formerly Hotel AKA)   |
“Great room and better breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

We stayed here for a month with 7 months old baby. It is very conveniently located, 3 min walk to metro and close to Clarendon. The suite was very spacious and there was a plenty of storage. The pastries for the breakfast were excellent!
The kitchen setup was great too but I think they can do better about the knife and the cutting board. Overall we had a great stay and would come back.

Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
San Mateo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

I recently stayed at AKA Virginia Square for over 30 days and the stay was flawless. AKA Virginia Square was recommended to me by two separate Department of State couples, who had stayed there (one for maternity leave and the other for training). Although I was a tad apprehensive with effectively signing a lease and committing myself to staying there for a relatively long period of time, I now have zero regrets. First and foremost, I found the staff incredibly friendly and helpful. Next, the rooms are stylish yet comfortable and the kitchens are stocked with just about anything you need. Third, the lounge/breakfast bar is very inviting with delicious pastries, yogurt, fruits, coffee, tea, newspapers, etc. every morning M-F. The underground parking is convenient and ample. Finally, the price was well within the USG's per diem rate, and thus AKA Virginia Square is quite affordable. This is my first review of anything on Trip Advisor solely because of how much AKA Virginia Square stood out.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

I had an excellent experience at the AKA Virginia Square. The rooms are simply amazing and have all the necessities that made my stay a memorable one.

The staff are all very friendly and helpful. Just ask and they'll get out of their way to make it happen.

I recommend the AKA to all.

• Stayed January 2014
Mid Atlantic USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

We moved into AKA VA Square during a house renovation. What was planned to be 6 months turned out to be 8 months. We really enjoyed AKA, the apartments are very nicely done, the staff is very responsive and helpful, and the location is convenient.

There were weekly yoga classes offered during the summer on the rooftop deck, which is also a nice place to sit when the weather's nice.

We had a one bedroom+den that we used as a two bedroom apt. easily. Although the price is not inexpensive, compared to a long-term apartment rental (our other option) we had a nicer apartment, more flexibility, and excellent service from everyone at AKA, so it was worth it.

I'll highly recommend AKA VA Square to friends, family & colleagues looking for a convenient and user-friendly place.

Room Tip: There can be some traffic noise from Wilson Blvd., so rooms on the higher floors may be a little qui...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Blenheim, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Location, unit, facilities and staff are simply second to none! My husband and I unexpectedly spent almost three months at the AKA Virginia Square and we loved every minute of it. Waking up to Edith's morning coffee at the Club Lounge during the week and being met by the variety of warm and smiling faces at every turn, really made us feel at home. The Unit at the end of the hall was two bedroom, two bath and provided the space needed; the fully equipped (and supplied) kitchen and full size washer/dryer in the unit made life very comfortable. The sleek design was so much more up-market than your local short/long term rental. Parking was a breeze and included in the cost and the proximity to grocercies stores and shopping malls left nothing for want. It seemed the fully-equipped gym was always at our beckon call for private workouts on exceptional equipment (except for the looping 1980's music - I can't complain). Close to Metro, FSI, 66 and Rt 50 - it made getting to/from work simply EASY. I definitely would look at AKA Viriginia Square as an alternative to other Oakwood-like accommodation in the Arlington area. My only compliant is there was construction going on across the street - while there was little noise that came through the beautiful glass windows and the engineering feat was interesting to watch - I'll be sorry if the afternoon sun is lost because of the building.

Room Tip: we were in 410 and at the end of the hall... while it was a bit of a walk to get there, we found the...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

I have been in the AKA four or five times this year 2013. Almost all of them for fifteen days. I wouldn t change my preference for AKA for any reason. It s simply my home in DC whenever I need to travel to DC, generally for business reasons. I use to have a one-bedroom suite. Floor to ceiling windows that let light come in generously. Modern furniture. Everything looks always brand new and this is something I appreciate most. Also, what is a must is the complimentary breakfast at floor 7 with astonishing views overlooking the forest of Virginia. I look forward to bring my family to DC and we will stay at AKA. No doubt. Congrats to the team! It s not only the premises but you looking after what the guest might need at any time. See you soon.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the AKA Virginia Square for about a week for work. The unit was magnificent. The staff was so helpful and thoughtful and I felt like I was at home. I woudl definitely recommend the AKA for anyone visiting the Arlington, VA area. Kudos to AKA Virginia Square!!! :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to AKA Virginia Square? Share your experiences!